PDA

View Full Version : Zhain +Support from Astronot

Astronot
30-Aug-06, 15:06
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7124/cidimage003ho1.jpg

www.zhain.co.uk (http://www.zhain.co.uk)
www.astronot.co.uk (http://www.astronot.co.uk)

BigKev
30-Aug-06, 17:29
Has anybody ever seen these guys before? What kind of sound have they got?

ive looked through their site but never listened to their demos (couldnt be bothered DL-ing quicktime!!)

Cheers

Jeid
30-Aug-06, 18:32
They're a blues/rock band Kev. They can't be all that bad. Playing in the Viper Rooms in LA a few days after the Skins gig.

Deemac
30-Aug-06, 19:30
Woaw,
Sure there not extras from the Matrix?:eek:

Jeid
30-Aug-06, 21:44
Bit cheesy innit?

BigKev
31-Aug-06, 12:27
On first glance i must say i thought they were some sort of german rock band. But thats just based on hair and appearance.

The burning question is though, are they going to outshine the mighty AstroNot?

Jeid, Is the MK1 Tele-custom going to make an appearance on sunday?

Jeid
31-Aug-06, 12:31
I'm sure they'll outshine Astronot without much effort.

The MK1 will be there yeah. I might actually use it for a song.

What time you wanting us in for a soundcheck? We're bringing our own drums it seems.

BigKev
31-Aug-06, 12:56
Sound check eh,

Since two drum kits are getting used, organisation begins to get a bit dodgy.

We only have one set of drum mics so, only one sound check can be left on the desk. I dont really want to resort to writing down settings for Zhane. But it might come to that.

Ideally, for doors opening at 7:30, i should turn up at 2, our kit ready (rigged and EQ'd) for 3, Zhane in at 3- 3:30. Their check done at 4:30. You on and checked for around 6. Gives an hour and a bit to play with.

Unfortunately this is to be determined by the arrival of our german friends. And also im supposed to be at the pantomime auditions on sunday aswell. So i may be enlisting your bassist for a while.

It will be alright on the night, its the bit that leads up to it which will be interesting!!

Jeid
31-Aug-06, 12:59
Don't worry about it. We haven't had a practise in a couple of weeks. Soundcheck could turn into band practise.

The problem with the drums is, that the Zhain drummer is left handed, so changing things over could be a real pain.

Let Stevie know what the craic is cos you'll more likely see him this weekend. Just give him a time and he can sort us out.... hrm... maybe that's a bit hopeful actually! :D

moncur
31-Aug-06, 13:06
anyone else notice how the guy on the right of the poster looks like kev fae plastic food? is kev moonlighting as a german rockstar? he's got the long leather jacket!

Jeid
31-Aug-06, 13:07
I thought the guy in the middle was a poor man's Toni Iommi

moncur
31-Aug-06, 13:09
and has anyone told them not to bother wearing sunglasses in thurso?

BigKev
31-Aug-06, 17:27
Cool, quite a band eh. tonni and kev and.... Whos the last guy?

BTW was my own speculation as to their nationality!!! (they might not be german!!)

Will let stevie know sometime np.

Jeid
31-Aug-06, 17:32
Cheers dude.

Shouldn't take us long to get a sound.

Gleber2
31-Aug-06, 19:01
From Hull, reformed after 27 years.

Kev_Plastic_Food
31-Aug-06, 19:03
anyone else notice how the guy on the right of the poster looks like kev fae plastic food? is kev moonlighting as a german rockstar? he's got the long leather jacket!

Lol, I wish people would tell me before they go putting up posters for bands I didnt even know I was in :)

Deemac
31-Aug-06, 23:35
Yeh,
But Brian bought that total-recall SSL didn't he??

No problem to a man of your calibre I'm sure.

Sound check eh,

Since two drum kits are getting used, organisation begins to get a bit dodgy.

We only have one set of drum mics so, only one sound check can be left on the desk. I dont really want to resort to writing down settings for Zhane. But it might come to that.

Ideally, for doors opening at 7:30, i should turn up at 2, our kit ready (rigged and EQ'd) for 3, Zhane in at 3- 3:30. Their check done at 4:30. You on and checked for around 6. Gives an hour and a bit to play with.

Unfortunately this is to be determined by the arrival of our german friends. And also im supposed to be at the pantomime auditions on sunday aswell. So i may be enlisting your bassist for a while.

It will be alright on the night, its the bit that leads up to it which will be interesting!!

Chobbersjnr
01-Sep-06, 00:29
Yeh,
But Brian bought that total-recall SSL didn't he??

No problem to a man of your calibre I'm sure.

the resident optomist:Razz

BigKev
01-Sep-06, 16:44
If it was all easy, it wouldnt be half as fun!!!

I just noticed, its free!!!

Cant go wrong!!

the_big_mac
01-Sep-06, 19:17
If it was all easy, it wouldnt be half as fun!!!

I just noticed, its free!!!

Cant go wrong!!

Cant go wrong[lol]

Thats wishful thinking Kev!

You doing the music in between? I'll be there anyway.

Jeid
01-Sep-06, 19:48
The Big Mac has to do music in between! It's pretty much the only time we get Rage Against The Machine on in Skins these days :(

BigKev
04-Sep-06, 11:05
>>>News<<<

Zhain couldn't make the concert, so the modified line up was as follows:

Redwall

Stevie Taylor

AstroNot

Cheers to the AstroNot guys for re-organising the concert at the very last minute!! It was a great night!!

>>>End of News<<<

It was a really good night, ive heard lots of reports from people saying how good each of the bands were.

It ran really smoothly from my side aswell, no problems. Just ran out of PA at the end!!

Redwall played a good set, until their singer left the stage to try to coax people onto the dancefloor, People dont dance in Thurso!! Were all sad!! Well there is that mad crowd which have taken to moshing a bit. . . .

Having only been asked to play the gig a day before the event Stevie Taylor had to pull in some Temporary band members. His line up were: Stevie T, Mark Wright, Stuart Maitland and Kevin Macleod. They only had 2 hours practise on sunday morning together for the first time but were really brilliant on stage.

Whats worse than a 4X12 on the stage? tweo 4X12's on the stage!! (just thought i would add that !)

AstroNot were really good yesterday (headlining the event). They really had the crowd going. They really looked like they were enjoying themselves and the crowd was going a bit mental too! You really have got a good thing going lads!! I could say a whole lot more about how good there performance was but i wont (not now anyhoo)
See you at the next one!!

DOC ROCK
04-Sep-06, 15:12
Cheers BigKev. It was a very enjoyable nights entertainment from all concerned. What a blast.
Rock on !!

theboss
04-Sep-06, 15:23
Yeah cheers Kev. I think I can speak for Jamie, Stevie and myself and say we had a great time.

We thoroughly enjoyed playing and watching Redwall and the legend that is Stevie "I sold my soul for rock n' roll" Taylor! Considering there rushed rehearsal in the afternoon I thought they were superb, typical Stevie.T set... rock, rock and more RAWK!!!

Cheers for doing the sound and the nice comments.

Darren

killarifts
04-Sep-06, 17:40
big thanx Kev,it was a great night for me to do some rockin and hangin out with fellow musos and friends

Studio66
04-Sep-06, 18:07

Jeid
04-Sep-06, 19:56
I think theboss said it all. Was a fantastic night. Had a great time. Was awesome hanging out with the legend that is Stevie "If I walk into a church I will spontaniously combust" Taylor, the Doc was there... what a dude. I had a great night. Thanks very much to the other bands for putting on a show at the very last minute, really appreciated. Admittedly... we were rubbish on the bar... only £65 worth of drink on our tab. Boo!

Cheers for doing the sound and compliments Kev!

scridge
04-Sep-06, 23:44
yeah it turned into one hell of a night.all the more impressive given how impromtu the inclusion of stevie t and redwall were. goes to show if people btoher thigns get done and thats a problem thats plagued the scene for a while particularly with some of the younger bands in wick. they dont put themselves out there and get themselves regular publicity. doign a gig every month or tw o is fine if u are in an established band but in the early days u have to play your asses off as often as you can to make a name for yourselves. With one or two exceptions most of the bands on my side of the county are all well established and hav been playing together for many years all be it under a variety of guises. as my brother and his band mates have found out publicity pays off.

anyway sliding slightly off topic. all bands were excellent and thank god for Jakob and his friends for kick starting the pit even though it was only 4 of us for a while. good night hope to see more like it, its what we need