PDA

View Full Version : Weather Update - 9th March

Tugmistress
09-Mar-11, 20:21
it's a strange set up! i could be right or i could get this totally wrong! but here goes ....

thursday
wind easing off throughout the day starting in the north ending in the west ish, snow showers liable early morning but easing off as the day goes on so may see some sunny spells in the afternoon top temp around 4c if we're lucky

friday
not a lot of wind, snow showers should be light and possible sunny spells again, top temp around 3 c

saturday
wind from the south, reaching gale force, veering to the west as the afternoon goes on winds probably gusting around 60mph for those exposed to that eart of wind.
heavy cloud showing on the charts but i will stick my neck out ans say it *should* be too warm for snow so liable to be rain, quite heavy at times. top temp around 7c

sunday
wind still very strong veering very quickly during the early hours from the west through to the north easing all the time and quickly backing to the west again by about noon and drastically dropping off in speed, the probablity of snow is back with a vengeance with this quick transition but i am not seeing any thicknesses of cloud so pretty much only a light shower or two. temps very varied but generally back to around 3c

monday
wind picking up during the early hours again getting strong, gusting may 45 to 50mph around 7am, the chance of snow disappears with the peak of this wind, but some heavy rain showers around during the afternoon. top temp 5c