PDA

View Full Version : New Guitar Build

Jeid
30-Aug-06, 12:42
Decided I'd make something sparkly this time. The black marks on the guitar is dirt on the window shadowing on the guitar

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4848/cimg4624xu4.jpg

Just thought I'd post something musically related today :D

moncur
30-Aug-06, 13:21
where'd u get the body from?

Jeid
30-Aug-06, 13:25
Guitar Mill in the US of A

I painted it....

scridge
30-Aug-06, 13:30
thats a pretty awesome body there. infact may well be the first good loking tele i've ever seen :p

moncur
30-Aug-06, 13:44
Don't u get bored of building teles jeid? I like teles aswell but id try a different guitar if i built another one

Jeid
30-Aug-06, 13:50
Nah, I don't get bored of Teles. Very easy to customise. Strats are just no fun to built, plus, its hard to find non-trem Strats. Les Pauls etc cost a fortune to buy. If you want a good LP, you want it to have a set neck. Nowhere in the UK sells them as far as I'm aware. Importing one is out of the question.

I've only built two Tele's, this being the second.

Chobbersjnr
30-Aug-06, 14:05
I've been discussing putting my variaxe electrics into a tele body with a parker fly (carbon fibre) neck

as well as the V/axe electronics a seperate output from 2 undecided pickups would be there as well. So it could be a normal guitar, a variaxe or both...................I love bending my heid[lol]

Jeid why didn't you use your first build at the Big Gig??

Jeid
30-Aug-06, 14:12
Variax Transplant guitars are all the rage these days man.

I didn't use my build guitar at the Big Gig as I can't be bothered switching guitars. Simple as that. It's there as a backup in case I break a string or something terrible happens to the Sunburst Tele.

I'll find a link to some awesome Transplant guitars for you.

Jeid
30-Aug-06, 14:14
Wow... that was easier than I thought... and He's done waaay more since the last time I visited his site.

Jeff Miller... what a dude. Tele-Ax

http://www.guitaristjeffmiller.com/guitars.htm

Just click on the guitar you want to look at and it should give you a little run down on what he's done to the guitar.

Phoebus_Apollo
07-Sep-06, 22:14
Very Nice - why only 22 frets? - 24 is always better..unless you have mighty bending power:lol:

Kev_Plastic_Food
08-Sep-06, 16:00
Very Nice - why only 22 frets? - 24 is always better..unless you have mighty bending power:lol:

Why bother on a tele, you can just fret on the neck pickup :)

Phoebus_Apollo
08-Sep-06, 20:32
Why bother on a tele, you can just fret on the neck pickup :)

yeah granted - or thimble style screams a la Bumblefoot...