PDA

View Full Version : Inverness soft play?

Sara
30-Aug-06, 12:11
Just wondering if anyone could recommend a soft play area in Inverness? We were going to go to Drum Farm down by loch ness, but it seems to have closed down?? Really just after somewhere for us to pop into as a treat when we're down that way. Perhaps something similar to the soft play centre in the Hilton at Aviemore...

Thanks!

marlyn
03-Sep-06, 19:40
Hi

There are no soft play areas in Inverness at all these days. The closest one that I know of is off the A96 about halfway between Inverness and Nairn, it is only a small soft play area but they also do ceramic painting and things, called Crafty Monkeys.

alistair harper
03-Sep-06, 19:53
hi there i was down in inverness and at brewsters near raigmore hospital they have a soft play area not big but kids loved it hope you have a nice time

Bobinovich
03-Sep-06, 21:59
I'm pretty sure the Brewster's one was shut down a while ago - I remember talking to a staff member last year sometime and they said that part was going to go. Confirmation would be good though.

The sad demise of Tuns of Fun was a real kick in the rear for families with young kids. It was in the big empty building opposite Matalan and had a huge play area, slides, ball pits, climbing area, soft play area, small football pitch, cafeteria, did kids parties, etc. - it was wonderful for the kids to tire themselves out before heading home from a day traipsing around Inverness.

alistair harper
03-Sep-06, 23:16
hi folks we were there 2 weeks ago take my word for it at Brewster's

works out a treat mum and dad enjoy a drink not me i was driving, lunch for everybody then kids get to enjoy soft play area give it a try service was great, a bit slow with the pud but all in all a good break

take care folks

lynne duncan
04-Sep-06, 22:26
there is an indoor play area in the Averon centre in alness, ( inverness end if the alness high street) they have converted a squash court it keeps my 3 amused when we are there, parking behind the Averon
also a good play park just opposite the centre

but have you also tried the play area at bught park in inverness, not indoors but lots to do for the kids

or dingwall also have an excellent playpark as well

(think we've tried most of the playparks north of inverness)

pjyemail
04-Sep-06, 23:23
there is a play area at bogbain farm at milton of leas off A9 south. website www.bogbainfarm.com (http://www.bogbainfarm.com)

i have every been but could be worth a looking.

peter

footie chick
05-Sep-06, 09:54
there is a play area at bogbain farm at milton of leas off A9 south. website www.bogbainfarm.com (http://www.bogbainfarm.com)

i have every been but could be worth a looking.

peter

Have passed it loads of times and didn't think it was as good as this will give this a go cheers

Bobinovich
05-Sep-06, 13:59
hi folks we were there 2 weeks ago take my word for it at Brewster's

works out a treat mum and dad enjoy a drink not me i was driving, lunch for everybody then kids get to enjoy soft play area give it a try service was great, a bit slow with the pud but all in all a good break

take care folks

AH you've just made me very happy. Our kids loved playing there and we were gutted when we were told they were getting rid of their play are. Now we can go back and have a meal and the kids somewhere to play.

Cheers AH :)

alistair harper
05-Sep-06, 23:18
AH you've just made me very happy. Our kids loved playing there and we were gutted when we were told they were getting rid of their play are. Now we can go back and have a meal and the kids somewhere to play.

Cheers AH :)

no problem hope you all have a great time, safe journey

take care
alistair

Sara
08-Sep-06, 20:03
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! We'll give them a try next time we're down that way!!

BogbainFarm
19-Feb-12, 20:59
Hello folks

Just to let you know that Bogbain Farm no longer has a soft play area, nor do we offer any activities or parties for young children or the exotic animal sanctuary.

We are a wedding and festival venue, and an outdoor activity centre for adults and older children.

Visit www.bogbainfarm.com (http://www.bogbainfarm.com) for more information.

lisagrace
19-Feb-12, 22:20
There is one called Playzone opposite matalan, I always take my kids there and would usually recommend it. However the other day it was really busy because of the school holidays and very understaffed. I had to leave after about 30 mins (you pay for 2 hours) as my baby who was in the toddler ball pit got jumped on by a boy that looked about 12 and my 3 year old was in a state as he was getting pushed about by 'big boys'. I complained but it fell on deaf ears and its not that cheap to get in especially if you have a few kids

kgs
20-Feb-12, 10:07
Play Zone near the opposite Matalan shop. It is a massive indoor soft play centre. Its great our kids (age 3 and 8) love it. They have a cafe. We were there just last week.

Dadie
21-Feb-12, 23:55
Glad to hear playzone is still there!
Its great for kids letting off steam though you have to perfect "the glare of death" on other kids if they take advantage....or threaten to take them back to their parents if a subtle word doesnt do it!|(ie do that again and its sudden death wont cut it)

OK the food is snacky and not a meal as such, but, if the kids are playing they dont feel hungry until they leave...
And yes you have to police the playarea as no one else will regarding your kids will, but it gives you free reign to go down the big slide.....just make sure you are wearing decent socks!

But as a way of breaking up the tedium of shopping for wee ones its fab!