PDA

View Full Version : Poppy burning SCUM fined Just £50 !!!!!!

equusdriving
08-Mar-11, 21:25
Is Britain the only place that not only tolerates this, but continues to pay nearly £800 a month in benefits to this SCUM!!!!!

Emdadur Choudhury, 26, a member of Muslims Against Crusades (MAC), was convicted of public disorder after burning two poppies during the two-minute silence on November 11 last year.

Judge Howard Riddle imposed the low fine despite saying Choudhury was guilty of a "calculated and deliberate insult to the dead and those who mourn them".

Members of MAC were heard chanting "British soldiers burn in hell" before the poppies were set on fire at the front of the demonstration near the Royal Geographical Society in west London, Belmarsh Magistrates heard.

Speaking after the fine was handed down Choudhury was unrepentant. Describing the public order charge against him as “insignificant”

Shaun Rusling, vice chairman of the National Gulf War Veterans and Families Association, condemned the sentence. He said: if someone had burned a Koran outside a mosque they would be calling for someone to be put to death.”
The maximum punishment under Section 5 of the Public Order Act is a £1,000 fine for using threatening, abusive, or insulting words or behaviour that could cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The MAC group started shouting microphone-led chants including “Burn, burn British soldiers”, “British soldiers murderers” and “British soldiers terrorists” during the two-minute silence at 11am.
The married father-of-two earns £480 a month working part time but also gets £792 a month in state benefits,

sids
08-Mar-11, 21:30
burning two poppies during the two-minute silence ,

Did they burn very noisily? Was that the problem?

Tubthumper
08-Mar-11, 21:33
I'm finding the precedent interesting. Noel Doanalsin should tell us what benefits our local crims are claiming when they get fined in the Sheriff Court.

annemarie482
08-Mar-11, 21:46
disgusting [disgust]

and guess who'll be paying the £50.......

chordie
08-Mar-11, 21:55
The married father-of-two earns £480 a month working part time but also gets £792 a month in state benefits

What relevance does that have to the story ?

The Music Monster
08-Mar-11, 21:56
What relevance does that have to the story ?

I think it is just to point out what a laughably small amount £50 is for the guy.

rogermellie
08-Mar-11, 21:57
Is Britain the only place that not only tolerates this, but continues to pay nearly £800 a month in benefits to this SCUM!!!!!

Emdadur Choudhury, 26, a member of Muslims Against Crusades (MAC), was convicted of public disorder after burning two poppies during the two-minute silence on November 11 last year.

Judge Howard Riddle imposed the low fine despite saying Choudhury was guilty of a "calculated and deliberate insult to the dead and those who mourn them".

Members of MAC were heard chanting "British soldiers burn in hell" before the poppies were set on fire at the front of the demonstration near the Royal Geographical Society in west London, Belmarsh Magistrates heard.

Speaking after the fine was handed down Choudhury was unrepentant. Describing the public order charge against him as “insignificant”

Shaun Rusling, vice chairman of the National Gulf War Veterans and Families Association, condemned the sentence. He said: if someone had burned a Koran outside a mosque they would be calling for someone to be put to death.”
The maximum punishment under Section 5 of the Public Order Act is a £1,000 fine for using threatening, abusive, or insulting words or behaviour that could cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The MAC group started shouting microphone-led chants including “Burn, burn British soldiers”, “British soldiers murderers” and “British soldiers terrorists” during the two-minute silence at 11am.
The married father-of-two earns £480 a month working part time but also gets £792 a month in state benefits,

disgusting [disgust]

and guess who'll be paying the £50.......

you 2 wouldn't happen to be Daily Mail readers per chance ?

chordie
08-Mar-11, 21:57
I think it is just to point out what a laughably small amount £50 is for the guy.

In which case it also needs to report his monthly outgoings for that to make any sense.

The Music Monster
08-Mar-11, 21:59
He should be taken out to Afghanistan and made to walk along the front there - see how he feels when the terrorists open fire - and make him realise just how important and brave the heroes we remember with poppies are.

Tubthumper
08-Mar-11, 22:02
I make that £318 a week to keep a family, that's not a lot these days. And he's working part-time, which is more than can be said for some scums.

chordie
08-Mar-11, 22:03
He should be taken out to Afghanistan and made to walk along the front there - see how he feels when the terrorists open fire - and make him realise just how important and brave the heroes we remember with poppies are.

What a can of worms in that one. Which 'terrorists' would that be then ? The Afghanis who are firing at the western invaders ?

The people who were conscripted into wars were indeed brave heroes because they had no damn option. However, the military is now a career of choice, so anyone who goes into that is doing a day job of their own selection - why 'honour' them any more than any other career ? I don't remember the people of Britain voting for an invasion into Afghanistan.

Tubthumper
08-Mar-11, 22:10
Steady now Chordie, how many plumbers risk having their legs blown off daily?

Anyway, the people who are commemorated on armistice day were fighting for freedom, which includes the right to express oneself without being killed. I'm sure they won't be turning in their graves because a few attention-seeking loonies of whatever religious/political persuasion try to provoke a response - which is what they've managed I reckon!

Gronnuck
08-Mar-11, 22:19
I suspect most ex-servicemen wouldn't give a flying fig about what Choudhury and his chums do. They know full well that the general opinion of most people will be if you don't like the way we live in this country then feel free to leave. By reporting this very minor incident The Daily Mail and other red tops have presented Choudhury the oxygen of publicity, a platform if you like from which to spout his venom. Best ignore the prat.

equusdriving
08-Mar-11, 22:19
I make that £318 a week to keep a family, that's not a lot these days. And he's working part-time, which is more than can be said for some scums.
Yes but are the Scums you refer to living in a country that they are preaching against whilst claiming nearly £800 pound in benefits!!!!!!!!

chordie
08-Mar-11, 22:22
Yes but are the Scums you refer to living in a country that they are preaching against whilst claiming nearly £800 pound in benefits!!!!!!!!

You only need to look at more than 50% of the threads on this forum to find people preaching against the country they live in - endless griping about Councils and Government not doing this, that or the other. Maybe some of the Orgers need to leave this country since they are so unhappy with it.

equusdriving
08-Mar-11, 22:24
I suspect most ex-servicemen wouldn't give a flying fig about what Choudhury and his chums do.

Maybe not, but i think the families of dead servicemen would be be sickened by this

chordie
08-Mar-11, 22:24
[B][SIZE=3]Is Britain the only place that not only tolerates this, but continues to pay nearly £800 a month in benefits to this SCUM!!!!!

Oh and by the way, I'd give your keyboard a dust as your exclamation mark key seems to be sticking.

equusdriving
08-Mar-11, 22:36
You only need to look at more than 50% of the threads on this forum to find people preaching against the country they live in - endless griping about Councils and Government not doing this, that or the other. Maybe some of the Orgers need to leave this country since they are so unhappy with it.

Oh so you see calling for british soldiers to "burn" as griping

Corrie 3
08-Mar-11, 22:38
Its a lesser fine than if I got caught not wearing my seat belt !

Lets hope he goes out for a Friday night in Colchester or Aldershot, we will see how well he burns then!!

C3.....;)

chordie
08-Mar-11, 22:39
Oh so you see calling for british soldiers to "burn" as griping

Yes.

aaaaaaaaaa

equusdriving
08-Mar-11, 22:43
Oh and by the way, I'd give your keyboard a dust as your exclamation mark key seems to be sticking.
Thanks for the tip, but im just waiting for all the do gooders who are happy for britain to be used as a door mat to finish pandering to the dregs of the world , and then they can come and clean it for me

chordie
08-Mar-11, 22:45
Thanks for the tip, but im just waiting for all the do gooders who are happy for britain to be used as a door mat to finish pandering to the dregs of the world , and then they can come and clean it for me

Ah so you are a supporter of immigrants then. That's good to hear. Here was me thinking you were the typical hyper-reactionary type.

equusdriving
08-Mar-11, 22:52
Ah so you are a supporter of immigrants then. That's good to hear. Here was me thinking you were the typical hyper-reactionary type.
That would depend on whether the immigrants bring more to the country than they take out and integrate not preach war on the country that keeps them

Just for the record, are you saying that you support these particular immigrants behaviour?

Tubthumper
08-Mar-11, 23:08
He apparently paid £5 for the poppies he burned. So the Earl Haig fund has made something from the event. Also his megaphone was made in the UK, so British jobs have been saved.

And he's raised awareness of tchyoubs in our own backyard, so in his own small way Mr Choudary has made the world a wee bit better.

mi16
08-Mar-11, 23:12
We do have a democracy in this country and also freedom of speech.
It is unfair to comment on the guys benifits without knowing the full situation, the guy may have held down a £100,000 a year job forthe past 10 years and has recently fallen on hard times.
I notice that people are assuming this chap is an immigrant, what makes them say that? There are plenty British Muslims.
from this thread I reckon the BNP would be in with a shout in Caithness

Walter Ego
08-Mar-11, 23:13
I believe Mr Choudry was born in this country, so is therefore not an 'immigrant'.

The listing of his earnings an benefits is nothing more than the usual tabloid rabble-rousing designed to play into peoples prejudices.

"Immigrant", "benefits"...I'm just waiting for the anti Islam idiots to put the final touches to this masterclass in stereotyping someone.

I can remember some 'White poppy" planks disrupting Rememberance services a few years ago.

They weren't even charged.

What about all the drunken arses who pish on war memorials and boot wreaths everywhere on a Saturday night? At least Mr Choudry was doing it for what he believed was a just cause.

We need to get some perspective here.

Tubthumper
08-Mar-11, 23:15
Yeah, remember that trollop in Blackpool, got spotted being drunk and rude with a bloke on the war memorial? I wonder how much she gets in benefits every month?

equusdriving
08-Mar-11, 23:17
[QUOTE=mi16;828543]We do have a democracy in this country and also freedom of speech.
It is unfair to comment on the guys benifits without knowing the full situation, the guy may have held down a £100,000 a year job forthe past 10 years and has recently fallen on hard times.
I notice that people are assuming this chap is an immigrant, what makes them say that? There are plenty British Muslims.
from this thread I reckon the BNP would be in with a shout in Caithness[/QUOTE

OK Muslim hate preachers shouting "burn british soldiers" and burning poppies is fine
But anyone speaking up against this is a racist What planet are you on ?

mi16
08-Mar-11, 23:17
If we were to prosecute all who attemp to derail the annual rememberance then look no further than Parkhead in Glasgow
You can find 50,000 poppy haters in there.

Tubthumper
08-Mar-11, 23:18
Racist? Did someone mention racist?

chordie
08-Mar-11, 23:18
What planet are you on ?

You can't handle the fact that we're all on the same one.

golach
08-Mar-11, 23:23
That would depend on whether the immigrants bring more to the country than they take out and integrate not preach war on the country that keeps them

Just for the record, are you saying that you support these particular immigrants behaviour?

I dont see you decrying this pratt for defiling the Cenotaph, oh but he is rich white and English

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11972814

mi16
08-Mar-11, 23:25
[QUOTE=mi16;828543]We do have a democracy in this country and also freedom of speech.
from this thread I reckon the BNP would be in with a shout in Caithness[/QUOTE

OK Muslim hate preachers shouting "burn british soldiers" and burning poppies is fine
But anyone speaking up against this is a racist What planet are you on ?

Planet Earth where we all are equal.
Exactly where have I accused anyone of racism? (a guilty conceince perhaps)
I dont think he was charged with chants, he was charged for burning two poppies.
I dont disagree that it was in bad taste but it hardly merits the national press and condemnation that it has attracted.
And I fail to see how his finances have any relevance whatsoever

sam09
08-Mar-11, 23:25
Neither can these hate filled muslim fanatics handle the fact that we all live on the same planet. I for one would relish the chance to rip choudrys head off and pish down his neck and all like minded scum sucking (cencored).

equusdriving
08-Mar-11, 23:27
I believe Mr Choudry was born in this country, so is therefore not an 'immigrant'.

The listing of his earnings an benefits is nothing more than the usual tabloid rabble-rousing designed to play into peoples prejudices.

"Immigrant", "benefits"...I'm just waiting for the anti Islam idiots to put the final touches to this masterclass in stereotyping someone.

I can remember some 'White poppy" planks disrupting Rememberance services a few years ago.

They weren't even charged.

What about all the drunken arses who pish on war memorials and boot wreaths everywhere on a Saturday night? At least Mr Choudry was doing it for what he believed was a just cause.

We need to get some perspective here.

I think you will find chordie was the one who brought " immigrant" into the thread

http://forum.caithness.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by chordie http://forum.caithness.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=828526#post828526)

Tubthumper
08-Mar-11, 23:28
Golly Sam, you're well hard! Shame you're not out there in Afghan with our troops, helping develop democracy! :lol:

chordie
08-Mar-11, 23:29
I think you will find chordie was the one who brought " immigrant" into the thread

Nah, you bet me to it with your "pandering to the dregs of the world" speech, Enoch.

golach
08-Mar-11, 23:31
Golly Sam, you're well hard! Shame you're not out there in Afghan with our troops, helping develop democracy! :lol:

Was thinking that too Tubs, a keyboard warrior [lol]

sam09
08-Mar-11, 23:32
Tubthumper I have been and will be going back.

chordie
08-Mar-11, 23:32
I for one would relish the chance to rip choudrys head off and pish down his neck

Really? Have urinals not reached their way to the depths of the Borders yet ? I think you'll find having a chanter under your bed a much more convenient and agreeable device.

Tubthumper
08-Mar-11, 23:33
Good for you son, just make sure you remember what we stand for.

mi16
08-Mar-11, 23:34
Tubthumper I have been and will be going back.

mind and dont upset the locals when you are there then with any bad words against their ways

sam09
08-Mar-11, 23:34
I am presently serving with the T.A. And spent nine years with the Royal Engineers as an A.T.O. I am no armchair warrior.

chordie
08-Mar-11, 23:37
I am presently serving with the T.A. And spent nine years with the Royal Engineers as an A.T.O. I am no armchair warrior.

Pfft! The T.A.

Now where was that forum rule about not posting fantasies.

mi16
08-Mar-11, 23:37

allah forbid
:)

sam09
08-Mar-11, 23:42
chordie,let me tell you that members of the T.A. are serving and dying for this country in all theatres of conflict.You could not serve in the local chippy without your big mouth getting you into trouble.

ducati
08-Mar-11, 23:42
Neither can these hate filled muslim fanatics handle the fact that we all live on the same planet. I for one would relish the chance to rip choudrys head off and pish down his neck and all like minded scum sucking (cencored).

Wouldn't be welcome in your Scotland then?

chordie
08-Mar-11, 23:43
members of the T.A. are serving and dying for this country in all theatres of conflict

More fool them.

mi16
08-Mar-11, 23:46
More fool them.

harsh, you cant knock the guys for doing what the believe in.

equusdriving
08-Mar-11, 23:46
I dont see you decrying this pratt for defiling the Cenotaph, oh but he is rich white and English

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11972814

You clearly havent read the thread you attached if you think there is any similarity, you are trying to compare
an extremist who wants Britain to be brought under Sharia law, with women forced to w
ear burkas and put to death for adultery with a drunken rich who has done nothing but apologise for his idiocy

mi16
08-Mar-11, 23:50
You clearly havent read the thread you attached if you think there is any similarity, you are trying to compare
an extremist who wants Britain to be brought under Sharia law, with women forced to w
ear burkas and put to death for adultery with a drunken rich who has done nothing but apologise for his idiocy

his wishes were not the subject of the debate though.
the punishment for his "crime" was

ducati
08-Mar-11, 23:50

I think Mr Choudry was more complaining about the wholesale slaughter of his Muslin brothers, a bit uncouth of him but you can kind of understand his feelings.

sam09
08-Mar-11, 23:51
No Ducati these scum should not be welcome in any civilised country.As for you chordie,it is down to the brave people who serve and have served that give you the freedom to run off at the mouth.

The Music Monster
08-Mar-11, 23:52
I think you are losing sight of this... It doesn't matter whether or not someone is a Muslim or not or coloured or not. The point is that we should all appreciate what the soldiers we commemorate with poppies did for us. When someone not only makes a mockery of their sacrifice but openly insults them I find it very sad that they can get away with just a slap on the wrist - which, let's face it, is all that £50 is.

mi16
08-Mar-11, 23:52
[QUOTE=chordie;828590]if they want to play at being tea makers to squadies in countries we've invaded then that's their choice[QUOTE]

again that is harsh, the TA are out there alongside the squaddies.

ducati
08-Mar-11, 23:55
1/2 a million people marched against the war in Iraq, this guy has probably had more publicity for a stunt. I'm sure he thinks £50 well spent.

golach
08-Mar-11, 23:58

Sorry but I class anyone who defiles the main War Memorial of the country, in the same league as your muslim, I see no difference between them and what they did

equusdriving
09-Mar-11, 00:01
Just for the record, are you saying that you support these particular immigrants behaviour?[/QUOTE]

You dont seem to have answered my earlier question chordie

sam09
09-Mar-11, 02:20
First of all I would like to apologise for my intemperate language on a previous thread and for rising to the bait of the few who laid said bait. I believe that all people that fight and die for an honourable cause that they trully believe in,no matter what that cause should be, should be honoured by all sides of that conflict. I, like a lot of people here on the org have lost family members and friends in both world wars and in conflicts since. If a person fights for a just and honourable cause then they should be honoured for that. There is no honour to any side by showing contempt for the fallen. Any person doing so brings dishonour to themselves and to any cause that they believe in.

oldmarine
09-Mar-11, 02:37
First of all I would like to apologise for my intemperate language on a previous thread and for rising to the bait of the few who laid said bait. I believe that all people that fight and die for an honourable cause that they trully believe in,no matter what that cause should be, should be honoured by all sides of that conflict. I, like a lot of people here on the org have lost family members and friends in both world wars and in conflicts since. If a person fights for a just and honourable cause then they should be honoured for that. There is no honour to any side by showing contempt for the fallen. Any person doing so brings dishonour to themselves and to any cause that they believe in.
sam09: Thank you for your kind words. I served during WW2 in the Pacific theater. I spent 35 months over there fighting against the Japanese Empire. At the end of the war President Truman sent me along with two division of U.S. Marines to North China thinking we would slow down the war between the Nationalists & the Communists. We were not allowed to fire on anyone unless we were fired upon first. When I finally returned home I was questioned why I was in China. I told everyone that it was not my choice but my Governments choice for me to be there. I saw the same thing during the Vietnam War when returning troops were spit upon by their fellow citizens for being over there. Again, it was their Government's choice and not the individual troops. I believe you have made a good point with your post.

Aaldtimer
09-Mar-11, 05:15
Don't feed the Troll![disgust]

northener
09-Mar-11, 09:11
When chummy decided to climb on the Cenotaph during the 'protest' in London and rip a flag up - and someone else defaced it with spray paint, don't forget -we had annoyance, a bit of media interest and disapproval.

Plus over the years there have been various groups attempting to protest at Rememberance sevices. No-one has ever paid attention to the cries of 'shame' etc.

Up pops someone with what could be perceived as genuine grievance and outrage spews forth from the Great Unwashed.
Now, whys that? I'd say if Mr Choudry wasn't a walking cartoon of the Wests' latest Bogeyman, he'd have hardly got any copy at all.

Do I agree with what he is doing? No.

Should he have the right to protest in public? Yes. Same as the EDL have the right - and I have absolutely no time for them whatsoever.
His protest was annoying - and over the top - and quite rightly he got tugged for it.

But those who bluster on here about what they would do to people like this are no better than those they target.

golach
09-Mar-11, 09:51
Sam09, sorry I think your pathetic attempt at an apology a bit false. If your so sorry, why are your posts still there, delete them, and secondly anyone who has a laughing smiley as a signature to me is doubtful anyway.

RecQuery
09-Mar-11, 09:54
I find it somewhat disturbing that insulting the dead is now apparently a crime regardless of how unsavoury the person doing the insulting is... rather ironic considering that those people apparently died for the freedom to do this sort of thing.

orkneycadian
09-Mar-11, 10:46
I think we dishonoured our war dead a long long time ago by allowing our country to become what it is. We're not a free country anymore. We are governed by political correctness gone mad, and Brussels. Were there an afterlife, those who fought in the wars and died in Belgium would feel terribly let down when they realise they gave their lives to be ruled by Belgium.

mi16
09-Mar-11, 11:43
to be fair sam with the views you proclaim to have and the fact that you are serving our country . I truly despair
its little wonder these countries that we are "protecting" think we are barbarians

Corrie 3
09-Mar-11, 13:19
Well said Sam and there is nothing to apologise for, you did/said nothing wrong.
My Father had to endure 7 years of horror in WW2 and thank God he was one of the lucky ones that came home!! I feel sick that he had to go through this in his young life and now we let people live amongst us who have no respect for what the people of that time had to go through. If said people dont like our ways and traditions then I suggest they go forth and multiply in another country.

C3......:mad::mad:

sam09
09-Mar-11, 13:42
golach I made no apology for my post,just the intemperate language I used. Still smiling.

Corrie 3
09-Mar-11, 15:11
Really ?!? I refer you once again to the original posting (http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...561#post828561). If you believe that there is nothing wrong in urinating in a headless corpse, then you share some strange fantasies with the OP.
Not fantasy Chordie, for real I'm afraid, the scum in question would probably enjoy doing the same to me given half a chance!

C3......;)

Duncansby
09-Mar-11, 15:19
What I fail to understand is the righteously indignants condemnation of violence and disrespect with the advocation of violence and disrespect. School playgrounds come to mind...as well as pots and kettles.

Corrie 3
09-Mar-11, 15:22
What I fail to understand is the righteously indignants condemnation of violence and disrespect with the advocation of violence and disrespect. School playgrounds come to mind...as well as pots and kettles.
If you are trying to tell me that my actions make me no better then them then you are right, fight fire with fire has always been my motto!!

C3....:roll:;)

Duncansby
09-Mar-11, 17:09
If you are trying to tell me that my actions make me no better then them then you are right, fight fire with fire has always been my motto!!

C3....:roll:;)

And therin lies the perpetual cycle of hatred.

Have you ever read the George Mackay Brown story The Golden Bird? It deals with the futility of feuds, albeit on a much reduced scale than what we are talking about here, but the same principles apply.

rob murray
09-Mar-11, 18:26
Unless Im mistaken, the man has apologised, surely ?