PDA

View Full Version : Alacam

highlander4
08-Mar-11, 16:57
Was driving past today and it looks empty but the windows have windolene on them..... Can anyone tell me if it is closed please or is the shop just getting done up??

Thanks in advance :)

Nettie
08-Mar-11, 17:03
I went into the shop last week and was told it would be closed all this week for refurbishment - should be open as usual next week.

highlander4
08-Mar-11, 17:05
Thanks Nettie :)

leafylass
08-Mar-11, 20:22
It's a bit odd that they don't have any form of answering service or redirection on the phone. They were supposed to be coming to my house this week but hubby can't contact them as phone service is saying that a message cannot be left or something similar.

Can someone confirm that they are definitely only shut for a week. I understand they have some sort of message on their door but don't know what it says. Assume that if it was only to be closed for refurb for a week that sign on door would say this as otherwise risk losing business if potential customers don't know whether it will re-open and when

gollach
08-Mar-11, 21:31
Sign on their door says they have ceased trading. Another company taking over, forget what date the sign said but I think it said next week.

jaykay
09-Mar-11, 16:01
Sign on their door says they have ceased trading. Another company taking over, forget what date the sign said but I think it said next week.

I understand the present owner is opening the shop again under a different name and that they will only be doing repairs etc.

09-Mar-11, 16:24
Posts have been removed for the same reason the recommendation section was removed.

bekisman
09-Mar-11, 17:12
Bloody Tesco again - some might say, but then again maybe not!

orkneycadian
09-Mar-11, 17:24
Aye, most likely!