PDA

View Full Version : Summer

ivy
30-Aug-06, 09:18
what did everyone do this summer seens as its nearly over and the kids are all going back to school??

Naefearjustbeer
30-Aug-06, 10:06
Locked them in a cupboard with a stale loaf and some stagnant water. :evil

candyfloss
30-Aug-06, 10:50
We had a few picnics here and there, and went to Landmark ( Carrbridge ).A great place to go for a day out. The kids had a great laugh at me screaming my head off going down the water flumes :eek:

Ricco
30-Aug-06, 12:39
:( Painted the fences and shed. Knocked down a concrete wall and got rid of it. Took out associated flowerbed and sowed grass seed. Laid a patio, assembled garden seat and patio heater for above. Painted sun room. Cleaned pond. Mowed lawns (twice). Pruned trees. Household chores. Oh... and had a day in Bath and another in Birmingham. :)

squidge
30-Aug-06, 12:47
Fighting the english in Methven, Caerlaverock, Fort George St Andrews, Insch.

Making medieval frocks knickers and cloaks and generally having good fun

golach
30-Aug-06, 14:42
Guiding visitors round Edinburgh on open top buses

Bobinovich
30-Aug-06, 15:16
Getting our new extensions on the house and consequently (mainly due to a lack of funds) not having a holiday but hey! at least the weather was not too bad :cool:

Sporran
30-Aug-06, 18:26
what did everyone do this summer seens as its nearly over and the kids are all going back to school??

I was working my usual 30 to 40 hour a week job, which sometimes ended up being more than that, when I was covering for other people. The closest thing to a holiday was our 13 hour drive up north to see my mother-in-law in July. She had recently suffered a massive stroke, and it was heartbreaking to see her the way she is now. :~( Other than that, it was nice seeing our other relatives up there for a week, and good to have a change of scene.

percy toboggan
30-Aug-06, 18:40
We had a few picnics here and there, and went to Landmark ( Carrbridge ).

I didn't know there was such a place.
Not before time, that's all I can say.

percy toboggan
30-Aug-06, 18:43
I was working my usual 30 to 40 hour a week job, which sometimes ended up being more than that, when I was covering for other people. The closest thing to a holiday was our 13 hour drive up north to see my mother-in-law in July. She had recently suffered a massive stroke, and it was heartbreaking to see her the way she is now. :~( Other than that, it was nice seeing our other relatives up there for a week, and good to have a change of scene.

What lovely thistles you have on your posts Sporran. I hope Mum-in-law recovers eventually from her stroke - mine did. Good luck.

paris
30-Aug-06, 18:45
Have done quite a bit of fishing, helped hubby to deck the whole garden, decorating, went out on the motor bikes quite a bit, now its in the garage being fixed. Oh and had my 6yr old grandson for most of the hols aswell. And the best thing.........planning our visit to our friends in caithness very soon YIPPI !! . jan x

Sporran
30-Aug-06, 19:15
What lovely thistles you have on your posts Sporran. I hope Mum-in-law recovers eventually from her stroke - mine did. Good luck.

Percy, thankyou for the compliment and your good wishes. :) I'm also rather proud of my current avatar, an artistic version of the Scottish Saltire. Glad to hear that your Mum-in-law eventually recovered from her stroke - I hope and pray that mine does too.

Ricco
30-Aug-06, 19:36
Fighting the english in Methven, Caerlaverock, Fort George St Andrews, Insch.

Making medieval frocks knickers and cloaks and generally having good fun

Squidge - that sounds like great fun. Do elaborate.

Lolabelle
31-Aug-06, 01:30
:( Painted the fences and shed. Knocked down a concrete wall and got rid of it. Took out associated flowerbed and sowed grass seed. Laid a patio, assembled garden seat and patio heater for above. Painted sun room. Cleaned pond. Mowed lawns (twice). Pruned trees. Household chores. Oh... and had a day in Bath and another in Birmingham. :)

You weren't giving your kids time to get up to any mischief were you??

Ricco
31-Aug-06, 09:33
You weren't giving your kids time to get up to any mischief were you??

Haven't got any - my wife is 'kid allergic'. ;)