PDA

View Full Version : A new form of trolley rage.......

poppett
07-Mar-11, 19:28
I toddled off to the big Co-op in Thurso last week and was delighted to see they had some lovely new trolleys, just the right size for my needs. The big ones are too deep for my short arms to get the stuff back out and i always need help when i get to the checkout, the twin baskets don`t hold enough........

Unfortunately the lovely new trolleys do not have anywhere to hang a handbag or carrier bags.

Thanks to Charlie Angus at Oldfield Farm I have acquired for less than £2 a huge metal clip which holds my handbag and clips over the handle of the trolley.... Sorted, but for the sake of a few pence more a hook on the trolley would not have cost that much extra at the time of manufacture.

Happened to be in Brora shortly afterwards and their new trolleys are not being used by customers as they don`t have anywhere for handbags!

I rest my case.

stekar
07-Mar-11, 19:42
Probably a sign of the times, as there are not many places in the UK you would safely hang a hangbag on a trolley for fear of it getting nicked!

Alice in Blunderland
07-Mar-11, 20:17
I rest my case.

Not on the trolley hook you wont lol

badger
07-Mar-11, 20:53
Ages (years probably) ago I got so fed up with the Thurso Co-op trolleys, which as Poppett says were either too big or those silly basket holders, that I asked the manager if we couldn't have medium size trolleys as they do in Wick. He asked me to complain to Head Office, which I duly did and was told new trolleys would be coming shortly. Not exactly my idea of "shortly" but better late than never. However I agree one of those folding slot things by the handle would be useful. Still, they are a definite improvement.

Bazeye
08-Mar-11, 03:01
Does anyone ever put something in someone elses trolley when theyre not looking?

highbury
08-Mar-11, 11:28
Maybe the trolleys are aimed at the fifty percent of the population that shop less, and don't use handbags ! (well most of us)

golach
08-Mar-11, 11:43
I must be one of the other 50% I too have no need for a handbag, so have no trolley rage, this must be a wifie thing [lol]

daviddd
08-Mar-11, 12:03
why not just put handbag in trolley??

chordie
08-Mar-11, 12:27
Why take a handbag ? Put your money/cards in your pocket and leave all the rest of the junk at home.

Corrie 3
08-Mar-11, 12:49
Why take a handbag ? Put your money/cards in your pocket and leave all the rest of the junk at home.
Oh Chordie,
You obviously dont understand how the Female mind works!

C3....:roll:;)

emszxr
08-Mar-11, 13:44
no one uses the trolleys in brora cause if you meet someone in the tiny aisles you have to reverse. 2 people can hardly pass in the aisles.

poppett
08-Mar-11, 18:39
These new trolleys would pass in the Brora aisles.

My life is in my handbag...........I don`t do pockets..............it probably is a wifie thing.

However eight folk asked me today where I got my hook and thought it was a brilliant idea.

starfish
08-Mar-11, 23:00
i not put anything anyones trolley but hubby saw a trolley full of reduced stuff started to help himself to the goodies to be shouted at to keeps his hands of the shopping it was another customers trolley she had turned her back on for a few minutes while she was at the deli counter we still laugh about it the moral of my story if you get bargains keep your eye on them

NLP
08-Mar-11, 23:07
Does anyone ever put something in someone elses trolley when theyre not looking?

Someone not only put stuff in my trolley but went to walk of with it, said she hated shopping.

Dadie
08-Mar-11, 23:13
The kids and hubby do it all the time.:lol:
Its my trolley! I choose as I have to cook the stuff thats bunged in!
I dont like to hang my sack of tat (handbag to you) from the trolley as I let go of the trolley to park it at the right side (there seems to be a right side) when looking at stuff on shelves.

golach
08-Mar-11, 23:15
no one uses the trolleys in brora cause if you meet someone in the tiny aisles you have to reverse. 2 people can hardly pass in the aisles.

Are the wifies in Brora that fat??!!!!!

cat2411
09-Mar-11, 01:51
I think the new smaller trolleys are fab,

Big ones too big (also too deep)
2 baskets on trolley - ok but not so good after you have packed the shopping back into them
1 basket gets too heavy or not enough room

well done to the co-op

poppett
09-Mar-11, 09:57
No G.............the aisles in Brora Co-op are very narrow.

Yes Cat trolleys are super, but my issue was having nowhere to hang a handbag or shopping from other stores whilst using them.

Vistravi
09-Mar-11, 11:21
why not just put handbag in trolley??

Was just about to say that ;)

I sling mine into most trolleys. Half of the time its burried untill paying time ;)

poppett
09-Mar-11, 15:55
By the time I would put the handbag and the other shopping into the trolley there would be no room for my purchases..............before someone suggests using the bigger trolley...............my arms are too short to get the stuff back out to have it scanned and I always need to ask for help, feeling it is a waste of staff time. I like being independent..........with my hook I can be just that.

chordie
09-Mar-11, 17:08
I like being independent..........with my hook I can be just that.

Maybe you should do your shopping with Abu Hamza.

Vistravi
09-Mar-11, 19:27
By the time I would put the handbag and the other shopping into the trolley there would be no room for my purchases..............before someone suggests using the bigger trolley...............my arms are too short to get the stuff back out to have it scanned and I always need to ask for help, feeling it is a waste of staff time. I like being independent..........with my hook I can be just that.

My bag is a small one. Used to be only big enough for my purse, keys and phone. Lots of junk finds it way in there now lol.

I know what you mean about the deep trolleys. For me though the big ones keeps a certain little person's hands away from the shopping!

whiteneck
09-Mar-11, 22:36

yes yes yes!! the best i ever got was throwing 2 cabbages and a half bottle in a ladies trolley in dingwall tesco,

cat2411
24-Mar-11, 01:23
I normally just leave my handbag on my shoulder, no matter what size of trolley I use when shopping. (You never know, someone may just unhook it when your not looking). Personally the only thing ive seen the trolley hooks being used for is the bulk packs of toilet rolls.