PDA

View Full Version : BANDS REUNITED - Weigh Inn, 09/09/06

J Wishbone
30-Aug-06, 08:39
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3728/bandsreunitedpostertd7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Remember the local bands of Yesteryear and all the good times you had when
they appeared? Well now you can rediscover your lost youth and do it all over again.

Bands Reunited takes place on Saturday 9th September 2006 at 9 pm in the Weigh
Inn, Thurso and features a selection of Bands and Musicians that have played in the
County over the last Five Decades.

Musicians from as far afield as North America, Canada, the South of England plus
Aberdeen and other parts of the Highlands are scheduled to make an appearance.

Host for the evening is Bob Johnson of Caithness FM and he shall be re-introducing
you to:
After Hours (and Guests), The Usual Suspects, Maurice & the Travellers (Sixties),
Five-a-Side and Innuendo.

All proceeds will be donated to The Highland Hospice and The Couthie Corner.

Tickets cost £5 and are available from Homecare (I&M Sinclair), and The Highland Hospice Shop on Princes Street or by phoning (01847) 892540 / 895625 or 821724.

The Pepsi Challenge
30-Aug-06, 11:46
Soon as I saw the title of this thread I immediately conjured up images of neon signs pronouncing the names of Discrepency, Stentching Mr Stanley, Biscuits Are Lovely, and, of course, Vitriola. Bands Reunited? Yeah, right. After Hours is just an incarnation of Barracuda (minus the Americans), The Usual Suspects have more than a whiff of Hi Stakes and Arizona about them, though Innuendo does have an air of 80s electronica about them. The rest? Hmpf! Come back Blonde Brothers - all is forgiven.

loganbiffy
30-Aug-06, 11:53
It does seem a bit iffy........ werent After Hours playing in the Newmarket a couple of weeks ago? I believe they were so how can it be "Bands Reunited"?

Deemac
30-Aug-06, 12:28
My interpretation on this one was more of get together of some of the older Caithness bands from the past (mainly 60's & 70's).

Most of the featured bands contain members from this category with some long lost ex-pats drafted in to meet up for a re-union type of event. I'm sure it will be very entertaining.

Myself, I will be in the Portland Arms that night so won't make it, but hope its a great success. It will after all be raising money for a good cause, so should be supported and looked on as a positive local musicians gathering and nothing else.

I do like the feel of the poster artwork. Well done. Has a spot-on 7" single type vibe.:Razz

tattoo_tearz
02-Sep-06, 19:47
"It does seem a bit iffy........ werent After Hours playing in the Newmarket a couple of weeks ago? I believe they were so how can it be "Bands Reunited"?"

that would be correct After hours did play in the newmarket a few weeks ago. the "plus guests" part should have gave it away that AH will be reunited with musicians they have played with in the past aswell as the bands current line-up. thats kinda one of the reasons for this night dude. certain individuals decided it would be nice to have a night where it is almost like going through a history of the bands they have been in over a certain time period. well thats my understanding anyways. so since the tickets say 1966 - 2006 any bands that they've played in from then until now would quite obviously be a part of that. AFTER HOURS and the USUAL SUSPECTS are very much a part of that chain. hope that clears up your slight confusion Mr Biffy :eek:

star glazer
08-Sep-06, 11:51
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3728/bandsreunitedpostertd7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bands Reunited takes place on Saturday 9th September 2006 at 9 pm in the Weigh
Inn, Thurso and features a selection of Bands and Musicians that have played in the
County over the last Five Decades.

Musicians from as far afield as North America, Canada, the South of England plus
Aberdeen and other parts of the Highlands are scheduled to make an appearance.

All proceeds will be donated to The Highland Hospice and The Couthie Corner.

Tickets cost £5 and are available from Homecare (I&M Sinclair), and The Highland Hospice Shop on Princes Street or by phoning (01847) 892540 / 895625 or 821724.

This should be great night out.:cool:

star glazer
08-Sep-06, 16:37
Any Orgers performing at this concert?

davem
09-Sep-06, 08:40
Yes playing Saxes with After Hours
Looking forward to seeing a good selection of local entertainment too!

DOC ROCK
10-Sep-06, 11:12
What a night to remember ! A musical extravaganza which was completely sold out, to the benefit of local charities. Thanks to all the organizers and performers for such an entertaining night.:)

tattoo_tearz
11-Sep-06, 12:10
yes it was a great night. all the bands were excellent. it couldnt possibly have been any better than it was. did any other orgers go along? any thoughts?

henry20
11-Sep-06, 12:12
I didn't go, but I did hear it was sold out. I also heard that it could have been better if there had been a sufficient number of bar staff for the number of people.

futurelegends
11-Sep-06, 21:31
I do like the feel of the poster artwork. Well done. Has a spot-on 7" single type vibe.:Razz

Thanks for that Deemac, I just stumbled across the template and thought, that's it - that's what we need.