PDA

View Full Version : Safeways

Fran
30-Aug-06, 00:19
At 6pm today there was only one till working at Somerfield in wick and a big que of shoppers. I also noticed the shelfs were quite empty. whats happening?

Naefearjustbeer
30-Aug-06, 00:35
At a guess it must of been a timewarp as there hasnt been a safeways in wick for quite some time :lol: Sorry couldnt resist;)

bigpete
30-Aug-06, 07:48
Hi
sometimes we still say "I'm nipping over to Presto's" !

connieb19
30-Aug-06, 08:21
I think they're short staffed now the students are back to Uni.

candyfloss
30-Aug-06, 09:02
I know someone who works in somerfield and she says they are very short staffed just now,but they are taking on more soon.Maybe we'll just have to be a wee bit patient for a while longer.

Naefearjustbeer
30-Aug-06, 09:52
Hi
sometimes we still say "I'm nipping over to Presto's" !

You still hear some (older) folk in thurso saying that they are going to liptons or templetons. :lol:

The Angel Of Death
30-Aug-06, 10:37
I'll tell you how short staffed ther are the manager was out collecting trollies the other night !!!

Wonder If there regretting paying everyone off and "fluffing" the redundace packages now !!!

Seems to me there on they way out aparently when tescos open its being shut anyway

robbain
01-Sep-06, 03:16
Its it me thinking that the standard of service in somerfield has hit rock bottom in Wick, queues getting longer, lack of staff at the tills. Yesterday at back of five only two tills open, long queues, people getting slightly anger standing there. Annoucement over the speakers asking for a member of staff to report to the tills, noboby turns up to the till. Staff at the two tills looking fed up. Its somerfield signing its own death warrant in Wick as Tesco approaches if they keep on going as they are doing.

obiron
01-Sep-06, 11:55
they are a bit short staffed but really there is no excuse for queues and 3 checkout staff standing yapping behind. fair enough the supervisor but the other 2 had no excuse.

The Angel Of Death
01-Sep-06, 12:13
No excuse for any of it bad management to blaime of anything else whats wrong with getting some people down fro thurso to cover ?

obiron
01-Sep-06, 12:19
No excuse for any of it bad management to blaime of anything else whats wrong with getting some people down fro thurso to cover ?

that would be sensible but it would help if a few people in the place would work instead of yapping all day.

connieb19
04-Sep-06, 17:43
I buy Quorn Cottage Pie in Somerfield, it is usually £1.79. I went in the other day and it is now £2.89. How can they justify raising the price by this much on one item? [disgust]
I've also noticed the prices creeping up on Lidl's stuff..

Billy Boy
04-Sep-06, 18:23
lol don't they call that makeing a wee profit before tesco come's to town:eek:

obiron
04-Sep-06, 19:05
I buy Quorn Cottage Pie in Somerfield, it is usually £1.79. I went in the other day and it is now £2.89. How can they justify raising the price by this much on one item? [disgust]

the prices do fairly shoot up. especially the stuff you take in regularly like marg. still seem to get more for my money in lidls thou.

Big G
04-Sep-06, 20:13

that is very true about lidl's i've also noticed it!