PDA

View Full Version : has anyone had trouble with bt

starfish
07-Mar-11, 11:34
i applied for a line to have put to the house in january 3 times engineers was suppose to come no show really p---ed off as had time off work lost money rang today been cancelled till end of march tried to tell me its to boggy i live on a main road so about the rant but had to get it off my chest

NickInTheNorth
07-Mar-11, 11:36
but does the line run along the main road, or does it cross somewhere too boggy?

Gronnuck
07-Mar-11, 11:44
i applied for a line to have put to the house in january 3 times engineers was suppose to come no show really p---ed off as had time off work lost money rang today been cancelled till end of march tried to tell me its to boggy i live on a main road so about the rant but had to get it off my chest

Unfortunately since BT have the monopoly on laying down lines they will do the minimum necessary to get by. They have a history of making the minimum investment in infrastructure. You might be lucky and get connected in six months.
In my case I arranged a 'moving home' package prior to my arrival up here. My new build had a line in to the house. It transpired that the line was only connected to the nearest junction box and there were no spare lines. It took six months for them to find a line to connect me to the exchange 6Km away.
As for fibre optic cables - I can't see that every coming to Caithness.

starfish
07-Mar-11, 11:45
no they got to go under the road and we dug accross our land a laid the cable all they have to do is the connection

orkneycadian
07-Mar-11, 11:50
Everyone has trouble with BT. Never had any dealings with them thats not been trouble.

pottheed
07-Mar-11, 13:10
email ian.livingston@bt.com late at night (between 9pm and 12 midnight) and he will sort it out. Give as much info as possible in shortest possible space.

He is the CEO of BT if you email him that time he picks them up personally, whereas if you email during the day his PA picks them up.

ahhh the tricks you learn working for BT :)

Metalattakk
07-Mar-11, 13:41
Aye, he's really going to thank you for posting his email address on a public forum where any passing spambot can pick it up. Well done.

ian dot livingston at bt dot com

≠ rocket science.

poppett
07-Mar-11, 14:10
If anyone can sort out your problem then Ian Livingston is your man.

bekisman
08-Mar-11, 13:30
Well, seem to have had good service from BT ref replacing underground lines and other faults etc - even to the extent of a BT engineer coming out on a Sunday!..
Anyway - we've been getting loads of nuisance calls - usually 'international' or 'unavailable' from India, UK, etc, trying to sell all sorts of rubbish, BT - were aware of the problem.
So rang them at 11.30 this morning and by 11.45 - after being transferred only once - are giving us a (Free!) new, ex-directory telephone number which 'should' be active within 24 hours.. Good work BT!

poppett
08-Mar-11, 18:42
They want me to go back to them.............dangling the carrot of £10 a month line rental, however it has to be paid for a year in advance.

Checked today and am only paying £9.50 for the phone line rental through Pipex.

Thank you BT, but no thank you.

starfish
16-Mar-11, 19:12
just another update from my rant on the 4th march bt was suppose to be here again to day no show no phone call what sort of service is this after all we pay thier wages

orkneycadian
16-Mar-11, 19:14
As we can no longer post recommendations, all I can suggest you do is check the market for alternative service providers!!

starfish
16-Mar-11, 19:36
As we can no longer post recommendations, all I can suggest you do is check the market for alternative service providers!!

you can not go any where else until you get a phone line put in if i could i would but once my contract with them is up i am off if the service does not improve

orkneycadian
16-Mar-11, 19:47
?? Do you? Here is an extract from AN Other service providers terms and conditions, part of the section relating to new line provision....

If you need New Line Provision we will tell you the Charges that will apply beforehand, and ask you whether or not you want us to proceed. If we do proceed with New Line Provision, you must pay the Charges described in section 34 (New Line Provision charges and billing).

Source = here (http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/sites/default/files/57780_PO_TsCs_A5_12PP_ENG_lr%20(2).pdf)

tonkatojo
16-Mar-11, 21:29
Watch out for end of contract surcharges if you end your broadband with them, even if your contract term has been served they hit you with £30 disconnection fee, ruddy thieves.

cocopops
19-Mar-11, 01:12
3months it took me to get a line . And they only had to connect it. Totally appalling customer
Service. I will leave once my contract is up.