PDA

View Full Version : MY dog not well

Fran
07-Mar-11, 11:04
I had to phone the vet late last night and my lovely dog Bobby is now in the vets for an op. Im so worried. He is 11 but fit and healthy for an anethetic.He has a big growth at his bottom which has now blocked and he cant poo. The op to remove the lump would be too dangerous for him. I have to phone this afternoon to see how he gets on and hopefully get him home this afternoon.
Also my lovely siamese cat is going blind and he isnt 2 yet. He is due back to the vet at 3pm today. I have been putting steroid drops in his eyes but I dont think that has helped. We will see. Fingers crossed.

merlzin
07-Mar-11, 12:11
I hope they both get better soon.x

Allsorts
07-Mar-11, 12:14
Thinking of Bobby and hope he is soon home with you again, good luck when you take your cat this afternoon tooo xx

dbooth82
07-Mar-11, 12:23
hope the both are okay n good luck

Jovi
07-Mar-11, 12:41
Hope today will bring better news for you

_Ju_
07-Mar-11, 13:19
Fran, I am sorry to hear about your dog. Is the growth from his anal glands? they are a pesky remanant of our canines wild days.
I also hope the drops help your cat. But don't give up. Many pets lead very happy life even when almost sightless. I know a few pet owners who did not realise their pets were almost blind until they visited the vet.
Take care.

Liz
07-Mar-11, 14:37
Thinking of you Fran and hope all goes well with Bobby and your cat.

As Ju said pets can adapt to not having sight very well.

Big hugs. x

caithgal
07-Mar-11, 15:02
Any word yet Francis?

Fran
07-Mar-11, 15:21
I phoned the vet and have to phone back again at 4pm and didn't get any news. I have changed the cats appointment to an hour later at 4pm so hopefully will bring both boys home. Bobby has been in there 5 hours already so Im worried about him.Dont think I will get good news about the cats sight. He has such beautiful violet blue eyes, but one is now clouded over with scarring and his other eye has skin across from his torn third eye, and this will have to be cut.

crashbandicoot1979
07-Mar-11, 15:45
Fingers crossed for Bobby, Fran, hope he will be fine. And sorry to hear about poor Chang too, he's such a lovely cat. But as the others have said, cats are very adaptable so if he does lose his sight it probably won't bother him as much as it would if he were human.

teenybash
07-Mar-11, 17:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ecJT4NVhM

Hope both your babies are fine and get well. Thinking of you all. Take a look at the link above...blind cats can enjoy and do enjoy life and cope very well. xx

Fran
07-Mar-11, 18:11
Just got home with my 2 boys.I'm so happy . The cat has a bright green illuminous eye, the yellow eye drops turned his blue eye a bright green for now. I must continue with steroid drops, nothing else to be done but a pice of skin may be cut next time.Hw
e was soooo good.
Poor Bobby is drunk and smelly and walking funny. He couldnt make the stairs or get in a room so he fell in a heap at the front door and is covered in a blanket. He even managed to wag his tail a quick once when he saw me, and it was hard to get him in and out of the car. He is getting lots of kisses. the op went ok but wont cure him. at least he is comfortable now. I knew Robbie would be watching down over him. . thankyou for your support.xx