PDA

View Full Version : What would your perfect wedding venue be, and why?

spurtle
06-Mar-11, 20:23
Just curious, if there was a perfect venue in Caithness what would it be like , and what would your priorities be, location , surroundings? Type of building, commercial hotel or more private?
Would you prefer to have all under one roof, or have a church wedding?

ShelleyCowie
07-Mar-11, 10:28
My perfect wedding day happened! When i was younger i dreamed of a massive wedding. Big white dress, all the decoration etc etc. That never happened!

Me and the hubby decided last June to get married (well he proposed) and i was heavily pregnant at the time with my 2nd, we were married by July. When it came to it, we knew we could never afford a huge wedding, i didnt want the dress.

So we got married at the registrar, had 20 guests (family and close friends only), after we were married we went to thurso river, my hubbys brother took photos and they were gorgeous, we then went to the gardens at the back of the church in Thurso, more photos, kids played for ages having a brilliant time. Then we went to the Pentland for the best meal iv had! After the meal, i came home and got in my pyjamas :)

Best day of my life!!

annemarie482
07-Mar-11, 11:07
i'd love to get wed in ackergill tower!
how fab would that be!
i love the stately, old feel about it.

but back to reality lol

i wanted to get married at keiss castle, but it's a private home and i have enquired but no can do :( :(

so we enquired about dunbrobin castle, but it's too far to bus the guests back and for.

so we are getting married in the weigh inn hotel next year.

annemarie482
07-Mar-11, 11:12
saying that a good friend of mine got married on a local beach and it was beautiful!!
they had an arch of tropical flowers which they got married under and a wee party tent on the beach to one side to toast with champagne.
it was a scorcher that day and was like being somewhere tropical!!
they went back to a small local hall for a disco and dance.

the whole day was beautiful, and one to remeber for being so different!

Tilly Teckel
07-Mar-11, 19:20
annemarie, that's exactly what I want - who did she contact to arrange the weather?? :confused:

annemarie482
07-Mar-11, 20:22
lol if only!! :)

Margaret M.
08-Mar-11, 02:39
What would your perfect wedding venue be?

Dunnet House, Macarthur Street, Wick. :D

Dog-eared
08-Mar-11, 17:34
What would your perfect wedding venue be?

Dunnet House, Macarthur Street, Wick. :D

:eek::lol:

pat
08-Mar-11, 17:51
agree with you Dog-eared - rofl - liked Margaret Ms post!

Tilly Teckel
08-Mar-11, 17:57
Would that be a mahogany wedding dress or oak Margaret? :lol:

cherokee
08-Mar-11, 17:58
We married in the church which my family have been a part of now for some generations !

I was proud to be married in The Church Of Scotland, and would never have wished it any other way.

Commore
08-Mar-11, 19:38
Get married in church and the reception in somewhere where there is history, I have'nt seen very much of Caithness but of the areas I have seen, Forss House would be my choice,
It is in a fabulous location, is quiet, is historical, has a wee bit intrigue and by all accounts has a chef with flair!

Vistravi
09-Mar-11, 12:09
Abroad on a beach!

bagpuss
11-Mar-11, 23:17
there are a few lovely bargain wedding venues in the Highlands:
Carbisdale castle-
Burghfield house in Dornoch
to name but two...

Red
11-Mar-11, 23:25
It didn't really matter where we got married or who was there, my husband and I were the only two people that counted. He proposed to me on holiday in Orkney in the Sheila Fleet workshop and we were married 4 weeks later in Thurso Registry Office. That was perfection for us.

Bazeye
11-Mar-11, 23:57
Registry office. Straight in, straight out, no fuss and job done.