PDA

View Full Version : Powercut in Thurso

kel24
06-Mar-11, 01:22
Is anybody having power problems in Thurso, by the looks of it half the town is in darkness? Our lights have dipped quite low a few times and the street lights are out.

seadog
06-Mar-11, 01:26
In the west of the town we have been off twice, the last time was only about 10 minutes ago

kel24
06-Mar-11, 01:27
yeh it seems to be coming on and off, can't find any official information on it though.

rs 2k
06-Mar-11, 01:29
Power been off in Bayview ter for about an hour :(

kel24
06-Mar-11, 01:31
My mum is in Pennyland Drive and her power was off for over an hour, don't know if it's still not back on though. I hope mine doesn't go properly, i hate the dark :(

Metalattakk
06-Mar-11, 01:40
I hope mine doesn't go properly, i hate the dark :(

OMG! How can you sleep at night? :D

We've had a couple of power dips but no actual cuts. Surge protector added to PC socket now for peace of mind. Street lights were out but back on now, East side of Thurso.

rs 2k
06-Mar-11, 01:41
My daughter is in Bayview and she has a 5 month old baby, she has no bottles made coz she makes then as required, hope she doesn't waken up :) and all is sorted soon

kel24
06-Mar-11, 01:43
[QUOTE=Metalattakk;827205]OMG! How can you sleep at night? :D

I have to sleep with the telly or lamp on! lol :roll:

kel24
06-Mar-11, 01:44
Oh no rs 2k i hope someone can help her if it comes to it, maybe a neighbour has a gas cooker?

Metalattakk
06-Mar-11, 01:45
[QUOTE=Metalattakk;827205]OMG! How can you sleep at night? :D

Isn't it dark when you close your eyes?

Sorry, just being pedantic. ;)

kel24
06-Mar-11, 01:47
I gathered so, of course it's dark when i close my eyes, but by that point i'm ready to just drop off! lol

Metalattakk
06-Mar-11, 01:49
So you're only scared of the dark when you're not tired? OK, I think I need some help to understand. [lol]

kel24
06-Mar-11, 01:52
lol no i'm scared of the dark all the time, but when i have the telly or a lamp on it makes me feel better about the situation and i can normally fall asleep happy! :)

Metalattakk
06-Mar-11, 01:59
Ah right, so it's the perception of darkness - and not he actual darkness itself - that fuels your fears.

Let's face it, you're not scared of the dark at all are you? You're scared of what might be hiding in the dark.
And with that, I'll bid you goodnight. :Razz

kel24
06-Mar-11, 02:01
Lol Indeed i am, scared of the ghosts and goolies that may or may not be lurking around in the dark! hehe :) Night Metalattakk, hope you have a nice sleep in the DARK! ;)

shazzap
06-Mar-11, 02:03
[QUOTE=Metalattakk;827205]OMG! How can you sleep at night?

I'm the same as you. I have to have a light on, usually the bathroom one. I'm not scared of the dark, but of what it holds. I mean that if some one broke in or something like that, i would rather be able to see whats coming at me.:eek: The same reason, i have to wear pyjamas. If i had to get out quick, i have some clothes on. Can't help it.:lol:

kel24
06-Mar-11, 02:11
Lol YAY some back up, thought i was almost the only one! It's a silly irrational fear really, but even as an adult i can't quite seem to bring myself to get over it, i'm too scared! hehe :)

Metalattakk
06-Mar-11, 02:13
Lol Indeed i am, scared of the ghosts and goolies </snip>

Yep, nothing worse than coming face to face with goolies in the deep dark middle of the night.

Oh, you meant 'ghoulies'?

My bad. [smirk]

kel24
06-Mar-11, 02:14
I have to keep my pj's on too, coz if i thought someone was breaking in, i'd be more likely to get up rather than the OH! :lol:

kel24
06-Mar-11, 02:17
Yep, nothing worse than coming face to face with goolies in the deep dark middle of the night.

Oh, you meant 'ghoulies'?

My bad. [smirk]

Oh hahaha! goolies/ghoulies it doesn't matter, they're still scary! lol Anyway i thought u were going to ur bed?? :) hehe

shazzap
06-Mar-11, 02:18
My Husband thinks i'm mad. I bet there are more then just us who are like this.

kel24
06-Mar-11, 02:24
I hope so, but most people think i'm mad lol Maybe we could start a club haha then i wouldn't have to feel so silly! It was a nightmare when i was a kid though, going to sleepovers or staying away from home, worried about how dark it would be, or panicking about telling people u need a light on incase they made fun of u :(

Metalattakk
06-Mar-11, 02:26
I have to keep my pj's on too, coz if i thought someone was breaking in, i'd be more likely to get up rather than the OH! :lol:

Yeah, but if you were in proper darkness then nobody would be able to see what you were/were not wearing? [para]

kel24
06-Mar-11, 02:28
Yeh true, but i'd know! and anyway i'd turn on a light before getting up coz i couldn't walk around in the pitch black lol

Kells
06-Mar-11, 03:13
I will feel better tonight knowing I am not the only one who has to have the light on. Mind you I was almost totally blind for nearly two years and still had to have the light on at night,I couldn't see anything but knowing it was on made me feel better.lol .

poppett
06-Mar-11, 08:58
Our power was off for over an hour, but we could see by the lights from Bayview House emergency generator. That is some noisy beast, but we were thankful for it. Worst problem was when the power came back on the carbon monoxide monitor tested itself over and over again for about twenty minutes. When our one took a rest our neighbour upstairs` one chimed in.

We are lucky as we have a gas cooker and gas fire in the living room, and like the rest of the folks around here in a crisis we would help anyone out, especially old folk or babies.

Vistravi
06-Mar-11, 13:32

The other side of the coin is that you'd make any burglars stop in their tracks for a moment lol.

oldmarine
06-Mar-11, 17:58
I never did read what caused the power to go off. Does anyone have a clue?

kel24
06-Mar-11, 22:50
Nobody i've spoken to seems to have a clue about what caused it, it's a mystery lol