PDA

View Full Version : Windmill - castletown primary school

onecalledk
02-Mar-11, 20:13
has anyone heard anything more about the proposed Windmill that Highland council was consulting about for Castletown primary school?

I ask because my son came home to tell me that the components for said windmill are lying in the playground. The last letter that came out about it said that there was a consultation period and nothing was decided......

so wheres the letter saying that something is going ahead ???

K

Gronnuck
02-Mar-11, 21:13
The planning application appeared on page 8 here (http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/1502F69C-A09F-4C0C-9B7B-429FCE6F4EF5/0/101203_planning.pdf) at the beginning of December last year. I believe interested parties would have had 14 days in which to lodge any comments or objections. If the material is on site there the planning application must have been passed.

oldchemist
03-Mar-11, 17:59
Should be OK - as far as I recall only one has collapsed in school grounds to date.

badger
03-Mar-11, 18:16
Actually there were two collapsed in school grounds around the time the local ones here were proposed, and then of course there was the one that had to be switched off because it was chopping up too many birds. I wouldn't be at all happy to have them anywhere near children. Funny how health & safety gets forgotten where turbines are concerned.

Gronnuck
03-Mar-11, 18:26
Actually there were two collapsed in school grounds around the time the local ones here were proposed, and then of course there was the one that had to be switched off because it was chopping up too many birds. I wouldn't be at all happy to have them anywhere near children. Funny how health & safety gets forgotten where turbines are concerned.

The story about the school switching off its turbine is here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/7870929/Primary-school-forced-to-turn-off-wind-turbine-after-bird-deaths.html) It seems sea gulls kept flying into it. Does Castletown's sea gull population ever fly over in the school's direction?