PDA

View Full Version : New Rules Query

Lolabelle
29-Aug-06, 03:52
I have just been reading over the new rules again, and I don't understand this bit:
Red Cards - Infraction, the same idea as a yellow card except that you will also receive points, once your point level reaches 10 points you will be suspended until your point total has dropped below the limit.

How does your point total drop if you are not posting??? Am I just having a thick moment or have I missed something??:confused

MGB1979
29-Aug-06, 08:34
They must expire over time.

Niall Fernie
29-Aug-06, 09:21
Yes, the points awarded (?) have time limits so if you get 5 points for slagging someone off for example, these points would come off again after 3 months automatically. So small infractions will not result in any kind of suspension, unless you build up enough points in a short space of time.

MadPict
29-Aug-06, 09:28
Each infraction carries points and period for that 'offence' - so if you commit plagiarism without proper credit, it carries 1 Infraction point for 3 months.
Subsequent infractions will add to the points but may only be for a 1 month period.

A bit clearer?

Lolabelle
29-Aug-06, 14:28
Thanks, I get it now, you get points for being naughty and they come off after a period of time. Like your license, only there you lose the points.

Rheghead
29-Aug-06, 14:31
Each infraction carries points and period for that 'offence' - so if you commit plagiarism without proper credit, it carries 1 Infraction point for 3 months.
Subsequent infractions will add to the points but may only be for a 1 month period.

A bit clearer?

Like we are able to look at our driving licenses to see how far we are off suspension (and play the system) is there a place on our CPpanel where we can see how many infractions we have got?

Lolabelle
29-Aug-06, 14:32
And I will do my best not to go clomping around on this dangerous ground.

MadPict
29-Aug-06, 15:24
Like we are able to look at our driving licenses to see how far we are off suspension (and play the system) is there a place on our CPpanel where we can see how many infractions we have got?

That will spoil the element of luck - if you know your sitting on 9 points so you wait for your 5 pointer to expire before you post a wee sweary you mean? Take a gamble - call it the OrgLottery if you want ;)

Rheghead
29-Aug-06, 15:36
That will spoil the element of luck - if you know your sitting on 9 points so you wait for your 5 pointer to expire before you post a wee sweary you mean? Take a gamble - call it the OrgLottery if you want ;)

Org Infraction Management skills could be the latest thing, no?:)

Niall Fernie
29-Aug-06, 15:42
I could give you a "test" infraction if you like to see where it appears.

We also have the option of giving permanent points should someone continually abuse the system to prevent people mucking about like its a big game.

Rheghead
30-Aug-06, 00:57
I could give you a "test" infraction if you like to see where it appears.

We also have the option of giving permanent points should someone continually abuse the system to prevent people mucking about like its a big game.

It seems like you've thought of everything then?:Razz