PDA

View Full Version : New Ways To Pay Highland Council From 1st April

Puzzled
01-Mar-11, 10:31
"From 1st April, the public will be able to pay by cash or cheque at any Post Office and more than 300 PayPoints and Payzones throughout the Highlands. From 1 April, the public will not be able to pay by cash or cheque at a Council Service Point, although they will continue to be able to pay by debit or credit card"

Let's hope that they have more desks open at the Post Office! Can see even longer queues developing.

Gronnuck
01-Mar-11, 11:32
Much as we all dislike queues in any Post Office we would all be annoyed/angry if they were to close. To keep them viable they have to offer a wider variety of services and expand their business. Let's not get to excited about this; use them if you can. The alternative is to pay by Direct Debit.

Shabbychic
01-Mar-11, 11:40
I always pay mine online. I like the idea though of various outlets accepting payments.

theone
01-Mar-11, 12:00
Much as we all dislike queues in any Post Office

Sometimes in Thurso, depending on which "gentleman" serves you, the queuing is more pleasant than the service.... ;)

Kodiak
01-Mar-11, 12:03
"From 1st April, the public will be able to pay by cash or cheque at any Post Office and more than 300 PayPoints and Payzones throughout the Highlands. From 1 April, the public will not be able to pay by cash or cheque at a Council Service Point, although they will continue to be able to pay by debit or credit card"

Let's hope that they have more desks open at the Post Office! Can see even longer queues developing.

This is not new as I have had a swipe card from the council for at least 5 years that allows me to pay for my rent at the Post Office and PayPoints. I am sure I am not the only person who has one of these.

lindsaymcc
01-Mar-11, 13:00
Sometimes in Thurso, depending on which "gentleman" serves you, the queuing is more pleasant than the service.... ;)

Can only agree with that one!

Vistravi
01-Mar-11, 19:18

I know exactly what you mean!

theone
01-Mar-11, 23:11
Can only agree with that one!

I know exactly what you mean!

Haha!

It never ceases to amaze me how many people have experienced the wrath of our "friendly" post office man.

There was a thread on here a while ago asking if there's still any "characters" in the town. Many seem to think the last one died with Doupy Dan, I disagree, I think one Thursonian is growing in infamy every day.