PDA

View Full Version : Caithness road conditions !!

CMA
28-Feb-11, 18:08
We have some terrible road conditions in the county. I have witnesses plenty of holes being patched by the Council workforce, great you might think, but the repairs are being carried out with them using "Cold tar" which is a waste of time.

mi16
28-Feb-11, 18:48
Absolutely shocking as are all roads in Scotland at the moment

Gronnuck
28-Feb-11, 19:54
I think we might have to get use to it because there is less money in the pot these days. Never mind; the revenue from VAT on rebuilding your suspension and replacing your tyres might go some way toward paying for road repairs,:confused;).

mi16
28-Feb-11, 19:58
less money in the pot!!! your having a laugh
The pot is being pillaged by the governemnt and the benifit abusers.
The honest motorist pitches in with a huge amount of fuel and roat tax and for what?????

theone
28-Feb-11, 21:01
I think we might have to get use to it because there is less money in the pot these days. Never mind; the revenue from VAT on rebuilding your suspension and replacing your tyres might go some way toward paying for road repairs,:confused;).

If you damage an alloy or burst a spring on a pothole you can claim compensation from the road maintainer. I know somebody who just got compensated by Transerv.

mi16
28-Feb-11, 22:31
that must be one of the lucky few
I believe that you need to prove that the responsible authority is aware of the road damage before they will pay out.

david
28-Feb-11, 23:53
You can judge an economy by the state of it's roads.

theone
01-Mar-11, 00:26
You can judge an economy by the state of it's roads.

I've heard that phrase before. And I didn't believe it until I went to Eire. Terrible, terrible roads.

That was about 2003 when Mr Salmond was telling us we could become a grand prosperous nation just like them.