PDA

View Full Version : Palma Airport

Fran
28-Feb-11, 02:11
Has anyone been to Palma Airport in Majorca recently?
I haven't been for years and wondered if there is still a long walk from the plane to the front entrance?
It seemed never ending when i was last there.

Kodiak
28-Feb-11, 02:16
Last time I was there was back in 1972, so sorry I cant help but I was told it had been all done up. :D

Phill
28-Feb-11, 02:28
Depends where they park the plane!!

I ain't being facetious but that is the general scheme of things. Last time I was there I went through the 'new' terminal IIRC?!!
I wouldn't rate it any worse than other airports but it ain't that big.
Plus these days they don't like the punters wandering around the tarmac so you'll be buzzed to the terminal if you don't park next to it.

Metalattakk
28-Feb-11, 05:36
We were there 12 years ago-ish, and there were 'moving walkways (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_walkway)' all the way from arrivals to the baggage reclamation. It was only a short distance then to our pick-up point.

No idea how it is now, right enough.

shamrock2007
28-Feb-11, 13:04
We were there in July last year & it wasn't bad at all a bus took us from the plane to the terminal

johnlc
28-Feb-11, 13:31
i was there 2 years ago and going back in august and the same with me,a bus picked us up from the plane.x

George Brims
28-Feb-11, 23:22
You should try the new Denver, Colorado airport. I swear the terminal is as long as the runway. Also Schipol in Amsterdam is a good workout for the legs. It's like a spider and you have to walk into the middle from one leg and then out along another to get to your next flight. Mind you after a long flight a bit of exercise like that is actually welcome.