PDA

View Full Version : Laptop virus

rhoda
27-Feb-11, 13:06
On logging on to his laptop today my son had the following warning TCRD Main EXE is infected with 38 viruses. What should he do?

Bobinovich
27-Feb-11, 13:51
If possible download, install, update & run a full scan of Malwarebytes (http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=5756&file=15&evp=693ee0b20204960edfd909666f809b26) - if you can't get it on the laptop itself then download it via another PC & transfer using a USB drive or similar

torisdale
27-Feb-11, 19:56
Sounds like your son/yourself could possibly have downloaded a fake virus program trying to make you purchase a software.
Boot the computer into safe mode and run system restore to before the program was installed.

Should you still have problem's I'm happy to offer remote assistance.

Vistravi
28-Feb-11, 00:20
Is there recover disks for the laptop just in case you need to format the machine? If you don't have any my partner has about every operating system under the sun and he would do it for you for a reasonable fee.

He's very efficent and you'd get back a clean system ready to go.

torisdale
28-Feb-11, 19:02
Is there recover disks for the laptop just in case you need to format the machine? If you don't have any my partner has about every operating system under the sun and he would do it for you for a reasonable fee.

He's very efficent and you'd get back a clean system ready to go.

I wouldn't jump to a fresh start just yet.. He/she might be able to sort it and by reformatting could lose important files when it isn't necessary.

dx100uk
01-Mar-11, 02:23
download and run combofix.exe

dx