PDA

View Full Version : Chrisf1961..

Torvaig
26-Feb-11, 16:48
Chris, I am so sorry that your thoughtful thread of condolence has descended into such a farce. I feel partly responsible because of the upset over the little girl's death yesterday to which I strongly objected because of the sensationalised way it was portrayed.

The fact that your kind thread has turned into yet more sniping shows the level of some of the minds of some of members here.

As someone else said before me, some just don't get it. Can they not see that a simple, well-meaning condolence thread (which hopefully won't be seen by the bereaved family and friends of the victim) has yet again been thoroughly spoiled by those who just can't help but turn it into another gripe about how they have been told off/posts deleted etc., and how they have every right to have their say.

Chris, it is your decision to go or stay but thank you for your kind-hearted post. A simple condolence thread from folks is a lovely thought.

If a member's thread of condolence can be hi-jacked in such a manner, it doesn't say much for the quality of some posters. It was a simple message to friends and family of the bereaved, not a soapbox for the usual I have every right/ poor me pathetic moaners.

Now let the justifications begin and yes dears, you have the right....:~(

debimac
26-Feb-11, 16:53
I think it was kind too!
Not enough of that on this site everyone seems to just argue.
Some of us do have a sensitive nature and thoughtfullness goes a long way in my book!

Chrisf1961
26-Feb-11, 17:26
Chris, I am so sorry that your thoughtful thread of condolence has descended into such a farce. I feel partly responsible because of the upset over the little girl's death yesterday to which I strongly objected because of the sensationalised way it was portrayed.

The fact that your kind thread has turned into yet more sniping shows the level of some of the minds of some of members here.

As someone else said before me, some just don't get it. Can they not see that a simple, well-meaning condolence thread (which hopefully won't be seen by the bereaved family and friends of the victim) has yet again been thoroughly spoiled by those who just can't help but turn it into another gripe about how they have been told off/posts deleted etc., and how they have every right to have their say.

Chris, it is your decision to go or stay but thank you for your kind-hearted post. A simple condolence thread from folks is a lovely thought.

If a member's thread of condolence can be hi-jacked in such a manner, it doesn't say much for the quality of some posters. It was a simple message to friends and family of the bereaved, not a soapbox for the usual I have every right/ poor me pathetic moaners.

Thankyou.........

Chrisf1961
26-Feb-11, 17:27
I think it was kind too!
Not enough of that on this site everyone seems to just argue.
Some of us do have a sensitive nature and thoughtfullness goes a long way in my book!

Thankyou..........

pmcd
26-Feb-11, 17:31
Amen to all that. Kind thoughts are to be cherished. They make the world less harsh. And that has to be good.

Corrie 3
26-Feb-11, 17:43

Ditto, well said Torvaig!!....;)

Corrie 3.....:(

horse
26-Feb-11, 17:48
People are expressing their condolences on facebook how is it any different than doing it on here, the attitude of droopy was imo way over the top, no need at all,I am a relative of the injured boy and hope that people are praying and sending him good thoughts.
gee whizz some people need to get a grip.

AliciaMackinnon
26-Feb-11, 18:12
I cant believe what the org has turned to.... a big old B****!

Some people just need to keep there narky comments to thems selves... that way no offence can be taken!

Liz
26-Feb-11, 20:39
Very, very well said Torvaig and,like you, I really hope that Chris1961 doesn't leave the org due to the minority who find fault with everyone and spoil the org for those of us who want good humoured banter and debate.

Your post was well meant and my heart goes out to the family and loved ones of the young lad who lost his life and my prayers are for the injured lad.

Keep posting Chris and don't let them win!!!

Ricco
26-Feb-11, 20:45
I have been reading about this business of trolling. It demonstrates the purile and imbecilic (new word?) nature of a few. Such morons deserve no more that a thump on the nose (if they are within reach) or a ban from the org for indulging in such a practice. Trolling is one of the banned practices and I hope that the admin team will act swiftly and permanently ban those involved! [evil]

However, having just read the posts on said thread I can see that no trolling has taken place. (should have read them earlier, :-( ) It seems to have simply been an occasion of some rattle rattling.

Flair
26-Feb-11, 20:58
Well unfortunately some people on forums are just assholes.

...I don't care if I get points for that, it's true.

Well said Chris and OP.

unicorn
26-Feb-11, 21:03
Very well said Torvaig, reading that thread has made me quite ashamed to be a member of the org at the moment.
I really hope the injured lad makes a good recovery and my heartfelt condolences go out to the family and friends of the poor lad who has lost his life.

pat
26-Feb-11, 21:34
Well said Torvaig

upolian
26-Feb-11, 22:02
That other thread is a complete disgrace,i don't mean the original post but the numptys arguing about what should and shouldn't be posted on the forum!!

rob1
26-Feb-11, 22:23
with all that has happend on the org over the last few days around this type of topic, it would be really useful if the org admin could provide us with some offical guide lines so we can finally put an end to whether it is or is not acceptable to write these messages on the org.

bekisman
26-Feb-11, 22:29
with all that has happend on the org over the last few days around this type of topic, it would be really useful if the org admin could provide us with some offical guide lines so we can finally put an end to whether it is or is not acceptable to write these messages on the org.

Something like this?: "Trolling"
This describes various practices including, starting a thread with a view to raising the tempers of others, bringing back to the top old threads that have died out naturally with a pointless quip, needling other members into a pointless argument. Accusations of trolling will be based on our own view of posts and the initial reaction by our members.

The Infraction points will vary from 1 point for minor trolling to 5 points for repeated trolling, duration of the points will vary but will generally 3 months.

Colin Manson
27-Feb-11, 11:12

Acceptable

Condolences, best to keep it general i.e. family rather than naming folk.

Not acceptable

Fishing for names/specific accident details before they have been released and tbh those type of details shouldn't need to be dragged out at any point in time.

Laying the blame : There are many possible reasons for accidents and it isn't your place to speculate or to make comparisons with other driving that goes on.

In General

Any loss of life is heart breaking for those involved so try and have a bit of compassion and common sense.

Torvaig
27-Feb-11, 11:24
Acceptable

Condolences, best to keep it general i.e. family rather than naming folk.

Not acceptable

Fishing for names/specific accident details before they have been released and tbh those type of details shouldn't need to be dragged out at any point in time.

Laying the blame : There are many possible reasons for accidents and it isn't your place to speculate or to make comparisons with other driving that goes on.

In General

Any loss of life is heart breaking for those involved so try and have a bit of compassion and common sense.

Colin, thank you for the clarification especially your last line.

poppett
27-Feb-11, 19:24
Well said Torvaig. Sensible advice from Colin. Hope Chris decides to stay.