PDA

View Full Version : Kids horseriding and other hobbies

StacNKel
24-Feb-11, 22:09
Hi

I have a 9 year old boy and a 7 year old girl they both want to start a new hobbie. My son interested in karate and my daughter in horse riding both have no experience. Who do I contact about karate? Also where is the best place for childrens horse riding lessons? Are these hobbies expensive? Any help possible i would be grateful for.

AliciaMackinnon
24-Feb-11, 22:47
Horseriding -

Marion Bain at Achalone Halkirk is great!
Number - 01847 831326

Or if you are on the Wick end.. I strongly recommend Ashliegh Campbell at Castleveiw Stables!
Number - 07716596164

As for Karate I dont really know but Vincent Tait "senior" does Choi in the Scout hall in thurso on a Tuesday night. In my opinion its the same as karate.

Havnt got a contact number from them but maybe if you pop round to the hall on a tuesday night just before 7 he might be there and you can speak to him then.

Hope this helps!

Leanne
24-Feb-11, 23:02
Karate is an affordable sport for boys and girls. Horseriding can take over you purse and your life! It's a way of life rather than a hobby ;)

If your girl gets really into horses and wants one you could be looking at upwards of £250 a month to keep it!

NLP
24-Feb-11, 23:34
We go to Natalie in Lyth for horseriding,
my 5yr old had never been near a horse before we went, Natalie is so good with the bairns

StacNKel
27-Feb-11, 20:11
Thanks for replies I am in wick. Ha I have no intentions of buying a horse! Just something for her to do really. Think I will contact the one in wick see about getting her a lesson see If she enjoys it.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
27-Feb-11, 21:43
Yeah give Ashleigh a call she's great :-)

lynne duncan
27-Feb-11, 22:38
natalie oag lyth £8.50 07851660324 for half hour
or ashleigh but no sure how much she is for her lessons,
karate go to the assembly rooms on a saturday morning and someone there would be able to fill you in with how much and when
there's also east end boys football club on saturdays at the high school games hall, or rugby on sundays again at the games hall
guides for your daughter in the parish church but canna remember what day.
streetdance on a wednesday in the assembly rooms at 7 -8pm

lynne duncan
27-Feb-11, 22:41
natalie oag lyth £8.50 07851660324 for half hour
or ashleigh but no sure how much she is for her lessons,
karate go to the assembly rooms on a saturday morning and someone there would be able to fill you in with how much and when
there's also east end boys football club on saturdays at the high school games hall, or rugby on sundays again at the games hall
guides for your daughter in the parish church but canna remember what day.
streetdance on a wednesday in the assembly rooms at 7 -8pm

Robinwood
12-Aug-11, 06:56
Horseriding -

Marion Bain at Achalone Halkirk is great!
Number - 01847 831326

Or if you are on the Wick end.. I strongly recommend Ashliegh Campbell at Castleveiw Stables!
Number - 07716596164

As for Karate I dont really know but Vincent Tait "senior" does Choi in the Scout hall in thurso on a Tuesday night. In my opinion its the same as karate.

Havnt got a contact number from them but maybe if you pop round to the hall on a tuesday night just before 7 he might be there and you can speak to him then.

Hope this helps!

LoL ! Thanks for the information....