PDA

View Full Version : Diy

connieb19
27-Aug-06, 20:43
Is it just me, or is there anyone else who has gone DIY daft since Homebase has opened? It's all those jobs that never seemed to get done because there was nowhere open on a Sunday or after 5 oclock. It's great in a way because everything is getting done but it's costing a fortune lol.
I visit Homebase more often than I do the Supermarket.:eek:

obiron
27-Aug-06, 20:50
I've spent a few quid there too connie. thats why i've not been there for a while costs too much. although i buy stuff but somehow the jobs dont get done. although no excuse now the boys are back at school

Billy Boy
27-Aug-06, 20:52
Is it just me, or is there anyone else who has gone DIY daft since Homebase has opened? It's all those jobs that never seemed to get done because there was nowhere open on a Sunday or after 5 oclock. It's great in a way because everything is getting done but it's costing a fortune lol.

lol what would happen if halfords came up, would you have the car souped up modified [lol]

tiggertoo
27-Aug-06, 20:53
ach weel just remember if it wisnae for so many english moving up here u woodnae hae homebase or any o' that other stores up here its home from home for them and do u think all that road improvement wood b happening on the A9 north o inverness and talk aboot a bridge oer berridale if it was just us highlanders livin here

connieb19
27-Aug-06, 20:54
lol what would happen if halfords came up, would you have the car souped up modified [lol]
I never thought about that but I am all excited at the thought Tesco's might have a carwash lol.:eek:

mccaugm
27-Aug-06, 23:39
:eek::roll: My hubby is totally anti DIY but since moving here almost a year ago he has decorated the sitting room (actually my toddler ripped the wallpaper so he had no choice), has bought wallpaper for older bairns room (yup the toddler strikes again).
Planning a new kitchen, in the process of buying a new dining table, wants new furniture for the bedrooms....on and on it goes....
He never did this much before unless we were putting the house up for sale....???

Scunner
28-Aug-06, 08:33
ach weel just remember if it wisnae for so many english moving up here u woodnae hae homebase or any o' that other stores up here its home from home for them and do u think all that road improvement wood b happening on the A9 north o inverness and talk aboot a bridge oer berridale if it was just us highlanders livin here

Before the 'Atomics' moved here, Caithness folk thought HP was sauce!!!!!!!

Geo
28-Aug-06, 23:35
I'm useless at DIY. Something always goes wrong and the old saying "measure twice, cut once" never works for me! :)

Bobinovich
29-Aug-06, 16:43

Guilty! We've never spent so much on DIY in such a short space of time! but interestingly have found some of their prices higher than other places locally.

Strangely enough we recently saw some wall lights we liked and went to Argos (part of the same company) straight afterwards and they were 2/3 of the price!!!.

BLACK DOG
29-Aug-06, 17:05
You have got to get into DIY in Caithness to get anything done. Local firms aren't interested in small jobs and the level of workmanship leaves a lot to be desired.
Most jobs can be tackled with a little research and the amount of information on the internet facilitates this.
Read up - visit Homebase- AND HAVE A GO!