PDA

View Full Version : From Sunny Sussex

Munro
27-Aug-06, 19:19
Hello,
Greetings to all, Cant wait to be back in Caithness (three weeks to go)
as login indicates we are connected to Munro family of Latheronwheel,
sadly have only found them in the church graveyard so far, so I thought
I would give the good people of Caithness an opportunity to point us in
the direction of some living relatives.

Kingetter
27-Aug-06, 19:37
Good area to be coming to, not so bad an area to be coming from. I had friends around Heathfield.

snowqueen
28-Aug-06, 00:38
Greetings !! i come from aberdeen, but have lived in crawley, haywards heath and had a stable yard in ditchling,i know sussex very well, where are you from and where are you locating?

Munro
28-Aug-06, 16:48
Hello Snowqueen
We live in East Wittering near Chichester, My wife
Jenny is the great grand daughter of John Munro a Fisherman of Latheron wheel, we are visiting the area for the third time in 18 months in three weeks time and bringing two cousins of my wife also Munro stock.
Sadly we are not able to move to Caithness at this time, but who knows it could happen in the future, there is something special about it even to a southerner

Penny
28-Aug-06, 17:25
Hello Munro

I live just outside Thurso and I am going to Hailsham where my son lives on Thursday. I am very familier with Sussex its such a pretty county - when my husband and I were courting (more than four decades ago OMG!) we used to go camping to West Wittering - the late Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones lived there at that time.
I'm hoping the weather at the weekend will be a bit better than it is here at the moment - will you arrange that please!

Enjoy your trip to Caithness when you come.

Penny