PDA

View Full Version : cars for sale

bluemafia
22-Feb-11, 15:20
went to Thurso today to look at a car,had agreed with seller that I would be up to look at it(had agreed a price)FOUND OUT THE LITTLE ***** HAD SOLD IT! Hope not all Thurso people are like this!

orkneycadian
22-Feb-11, 15:22
Probably an equal number (or greater) of folk that say they are coming to look / buy but never turn up.

Old adage - Birds (early) and worms. Applies to cars and Mumford tickets alike!

Dadie
22-Feb-11, 16:55
I sympathise with the seller on this one!
I was fed up with people not coming when they said they would, or offering a load less when I was selling my car, or agreeing to buy it and then not turning up.
I sold it to the first person with the cash and refused to keep it for anyone else after the fiasco with a couple of people!
Until the cash is parted with, keys handed over and the logbook signed dont assume its yours!

ciderally
22-Feb-11, 17:55
they should have said first come first served, at least you would be prepaired for that....a better deal is on the way to you ....karma

Corrie 3
22-Feb-11, 18:23
A phone call to you would have been good manners to save your time and fuel!!!
Bad manners are very much missing in this day and age!!

C3.. :-(

golach
22-Feb-11, 19:46
We have a saying down here in Sunny Leith..."If your not fast ..your last" [lol]

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-11, 22:00
We have a saying down here in Sunny Leith..."If your not fast ..your last" [lol]

So the Hibees aren't the fastest then Golach? :lol:
(apologies to Mods for football related levity :eek:)

golach
22-Feb-11, 23:29
So the Hibees aren't the fastest then Golach? :lol:
(apologies to Mods for football related levity :eek:)

Leith does not revolve around Hibernian, blazing saddles, but what you have said is true

Blazing Sporrans
23-Feb-11, 00:48
I used to frequent Easter Road waaaaaaay back in my youth. A stones throw from my student hovel on Constitution Street. Aaaaaahhhh - those were indeed the days :)

steeko
23-Feb-11, 23:24
I had a similiar problem bluemafia. I had arranged to go to Airdrie to see a car, from a dealer, and told him I had organised a train to get there in the morning and what time the train arrived. He knew my plans and understood them. When I arrived after walking through the icey dangerous streets, he told me he had just sold it. Then he made it out to be my fault.While I appreciate that there are lots of time wasters out there, there are also genuine people. I wasnt best pleased and through general car buying experience it makes you wonder how many trustworthy people there are anymore?