PDA

View Full Version : American Geography = Major Fail.

The Drunken Duck
21-Feb-11, 20:55
What's wrong with this picture ?? .. :lol:

Would be quite funny if the US sent troops for Peacekeeping duties in Egypt. As they rolled across the border one would turn to the other and say .. "Looks a lot like Iraq dont it ??"

northener
21-Feb-11, 21:26
That explains why I thought I saw Iranian gunboats when I was on a Nile Cruse.......

ducati
21-Feb-11, 21:44
Just got a picture in my head of northener in his Speedos cruising into the
Straits of Homus:eek:

Phill
21-Feb-11, 21:56
Seems a cunning plan whilst it's all kicking off, shuffle 'em about a bit. Might give Ah'vemedinnerdad something to think about!

Can't exactly have a go at the yanks, we did a fair bit of jiggling about with the world when it was all pink an' all!

northener
21-Feb-11, 22:01
Just got a picture in my head of northener in his Speedos cruising into the
Straits of Homus:eek:

No budgie smugglers for me, pal.:cool:

I like a bit of ventilation, stops the machinery overheating......

The Drunken Duck
21-Feb-11, 22:05
Yeah bit we just nicked countries Phill .. we didnt move them about the globe !!

I do love the keen sense of geography and current affairs across the pond though .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

(Just kidding our colonial cousins, well aware idiots are everywhere)

_Ju_
21-Feb-11, 23:36
Maybe fox news hired a certain unemployed ex president of the USA. Initials GW for those still scratching their crowns.

Ricco
22-Feb-11, 15:01
My life!! That is totally terrifying! So much ignorance in the hands of a super power - my hair just went white with fear.

(what's that? It was already? Why didn't someone tell me!) lol

northener
22-Feb-11, 15:08
Somedays I suprise myself:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-02-16/iranian-warship-headed-to-syria-through-suez-canal-israel-says.html

:cool:

oldchemist
22-Feb-11, 17:14
That's as bad as during the first Gulf war when the Irish sent a Task Force - the Mexicans had no idea what to do with them.

Bazeye
22-Feb-11, 20:50
That's as bad as during the first Gulf war when the Irish sent a Task Force - the Mexicans had no idea what to do with them.

Is that the same Irish Task force that stormed Debenhams in Dublin when they were told bed linen was on the third floor?

Blazing Sporrans
23-Feb-11, 01:03
Should we be surprised their geography is appalling? But it's still marginally better than the US intelligence gathering on Saddam's WMD's......

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 01:06
They make blunders, who does'nt. I'm glad the Americans are who they are.

Blazing Sporrans
23-Feb-11, 01:21
None of us are perfect gleeber it's just the scale of their mistakes are a tad more grandiose. And very few remember you for the good things you do - it's the mistakes that you tend to be remembered for. C'est la vie....

George Brims
23-Feb-11, 23:29
Should we be surprised their geography is appalling? But it's still marginally better than the US intelligence gathering on Saddam's WMD's......

The intelligence gathering was actually quite good. It was the lying by the people presenting the intelligence to the world that was the problem. That and the lack of oversight by the US press contingent, who still use the stock phrase "intelligence failures leading up to the invasion of Iraq".

PS that nonsense was from Fox News. They don't fact check well when they're not deliberately distorting things. When they're up to the latter they're quite appalling. For example every Republican congressman caught in a sex scandal will appear of Fox with a "D" rather than an "R" next to the name of their state beneath their picture.

northener
24-Feb-11, 00:04
The intelligence gathering was actually quite good. It was the lying by the people presenting the intelligence to the world that was the problem. That and the lack of oversight by the US press contingent, who still use the stock phrase "intelligence failures leading up to the invasion of Iraq".

PS that nonsense was from Fox News. They don't fact check well when they're not deliberately distorting things. When they're up to the latter they're quite appalling. For example every Republican congressman caught in a sex scandal will appear of Fox with a "D" rather than an "R" next to the name of their state beneath their picture.

I think people forget that disinformation and good ole conning is a good weapon in any war. The best have been duped on many occasion.

brandy
24-Feb-11, 00:11
remember that is Fox reporting.. they are incapable of telling the truth no matter what it is! *grins*

Phill
24-Feb-11, 00:19
You know it's bad when you can't even believe the lies!

oldmarine
24-Feb-11, 03:01
I am of the opinion the USA should bring home all their troops from around the world and guard their own borders. The USA still has troops stationed in countries from the days of WW2.

sassylass
24-Feb-11, 03:18
I am of the opinion the USA should bring home all their troops from around the world and guard their own borders. The USA still has troops stationed in countries from the days of WW2.

Cheers oldmarine, you're levelheaded.

sandyr1
25-Feb-11, 16:14

So very true. Methinks the days of being the Guardian of the World has passed. And of course the cost associated with such missions is taking a great country down.
As far as making fun of their knowledge, I am sure there were correct answers but these would never be shown. What fun would that be.
I have been quite a few places and the Yanks are no 'stoooooopider' than anyone else. I think sometimes we forget, and I mean the World does, the great things the US has done. Yes mistooooooks, but who is perfect!

The Drunken Duck
25-Feb-11, 20:57
Lighten up folks. I pointed out an amusing geographical faux pas and an amusing video clip. No need for a collective hand wringing session.

I havent seen this much confusion since I witnessed a massive cultural car crash in a Brunswick nightclub when American girls were asking us Brit guys to do a dance named after a type of bird that begins with "S" and ends in "HAG". Except they didnt tell us it was a dance and were mighty confused as to why we were taking our trousers off.

sandyr1
25-Feb-11, 22:39
Wasn't too serious. Just responding to an American! No hand ringing here.
Yes that same 'word' is used for carpet. Lay down on the ..............