PDA

View Full Version : Dentist waiting list

t
21-Feb-11, 15:27
Where do we stand with the dentist waiting list I have made a point of phoning up every so often to see where i am on the list for Caithness and found this.

Jul 2009 3124
Jul 2010 3125
Oct 2010 3215
Feb 2011 3935

So how does that work then, the lassie i spoke to could not understand this am I the only one or is this quite common?

I do however have a place with Inverness since last year however i have been down to get given tablets to take and come straight back up the road, give a 2 min temp filling and have to come back home, late for my appointment by 10 mins and would not take me so had to come back up, just getting a bit sick of it

only me
21-Feb-11, 15:43
best to go private ,nice people in the back bridge st in wick

wicker8
21-Feb-11, 15:46
i have a private dentist in wick it only costs 45.00 to join and no waiting list ,and yes only me you are so right very nice people in there ,best to give them a ring .they will help you good luck

Dadie
21-Feb-11, 15:48
No hubby has been going steadily backwards on the list for years now!
I was lucky as I had to have root canal treatment (if you can ever call that lucky) for an abcess when I was pregnant with Lauren and I went straight on the books there and then with Lochshell.

mrsC2011
21-Feb-11, 16:13
just after i had my second child i was straight on there books aswell my hubby how ever was told by nhs direct that had golspie was takin ppl but when he phoned them he was told he would get a call bak in bout 6 wks its bloody stupid

gollach
21-Feb-11, 16:38
I called the dental service last year to find out where I was, I had been on their waiting list for 5 years. They have taken me off their list! No explanation given. They offered to put me on the list again but I would have to go on at the end. It is a disgrace!

Brodar
21-Feb-11, 17:13
There is 3400 infront of me and been on the list since 2006. Needed emergency treatment last week and was seen at Lochshell and they told me that i will still have to wait on the list. The dental helpline told me that most of the waiting list should be able to be seen between Lochshell and the new one at Dunbar. Its due to open in May providing they get dentists to fill the posts.

Dadie
21-Feb-11, 17:23
They wouldnt even let me find my hubbys details of where he was on the list last time I tried to check for him.
He is at work through the day and cant be on hold for ages to find out.
Its apparently personal information and cannot be dilvulged to a 3rd party!

Blazing Sporrans
21-Feb-11, 17:34
We managed to get into the ADC practice in Golspie last year. They were advertising again recently for NHS patients. Worth a shout on 01408 633019. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Fran
21-Feb-11, 18:37
The new NHS dental clinic at Dunbar Hospital will be opening soon. Golspie nhs dentist has been advertising for patients and there is also one in Helmsdale.

t
21-Feb-11, 19:38
There is 3400 infront of me and been on the list since 2006. .
So how do they work this out then?

I was at 3124 in Jul 2009 do they just make the number up?

gollach
21-Feb-11, 19:42

I don't know. Never got an answer to explain why I came OFF the list

vonnie6
21-Feb-11, 22:10
I phoned the Dental Helpline a couple of weeks ago, apparently they sent forms out last year sometime for patients to fill in, if they didn't receive a reply people were taken off the list!!!!!! I am supposedly "quite high" on the list for when they open at Dunbar, but, the BIG question is WILL THEY ACTUALLY GET DENTISTS TO FILL IT?????????????????????? I wonder :O

Brodar
21-Feb-11, 23:33

Dont know where i was on the list in 2006 but last week when i phoned they told me there is 3400 infront of me. You must be infront of me if you were at 3124 last year. How long you been on the list?

t
22-Feb-11, 16:41
i have been since 2009

Dadie
22-Feb-11, 16:50
Hubby has been on the list since at least 2003!
Thats when we got married.
I dont remember when he went on the list, but, it was before then!

Shabbychic
22-Feb-11, 17:12
I sent an email to them about the state of my teeth, and the work I badly needed done. They replied saying I could have an assessment, and a week or so later was sent an appointment for Lochshell. I then got the treatment required, although it did take about a year, with my appointments spread out as they were so busy. I don't know where I was on the list.

Worth a try if your teeth are in a bad way.