PDA

View Full Version : For nerves?

Vistravi
20-Feb-11, 19:45
Does anyone know of a technique or a product that helps keep you relaxed and keep the nerves from ruining everything?

I'm talking about my driving test which is in a few days. I want to pass so badly and i fear my nerves will get me again.

DrChin
20-Feb-11, 19:54
Kalms, you can but them at a Chemist. Or just go to a Chemist and ask their advice.

Cupcake
20-Feb-11, 22:40
Try Rescue Remedy, Can be bought over the counter, just spray it on your tongue!

alanatkie
20-Feb-11, 22:43
Kalms is what my sister used for the same situation.

EDDIE
20-Feb-11, 23:07
Does anyone know of a technique or a product that helps keep you relaxed and keep the nerves from ruining everything?

I'm talking about my driving test which is in a few days. I want to pass so badly and i fear my nerves will get me again.

I think its natural to be really nervous before your driving test because you want to pass so much

ducati
20-Feb-11, 23:21
Read through a few NLP techniques and practice them in your head. It delivers very quick results for this sort of situation. There are plenty of free snippets on the web.

The Music Monster
20-Feb-11, 23:23
Good luck!
I think breathing exercises can be the most effective thing. I've never used calming medication, but I guess as long as you make sure it has no drowsy side-effects you'll be fine.

Vistravi
20-Feb-11, 23:46
I think its natural to be really nervous before your driving test because you want to pass so much

It was my nerves that made me fail last time and this time i really want to pass. Out everyday driving our car which has helped a great deal though still learning how to park the thing lol. (I will admit that my parking is bad lol. I often laugh at it lol)

I'm spot on with my instructor but as soon as its a mock test i make so many stupid mistakes. Dirving our car has given me a confidence boost and i've deliberatley tackled any road or corner i hate driving round or on. I got a right horrible corner in my first test and today i went and practised it. Spot on first time! Its the worst in town! Also practicising my manovers at night as well with the mind set of if i can do it in the dark the day is a doodle.

I think i will try and mediate before my test and empty my mind of thoughts that won't help me pass. I will also give Kalms a try as well.

Fingers crossed this time i can stay relaxed and just drive. Hopefully i'll be joining the drivers club very soon! Wanted this since i was 17.

John Little
20-Feb-11, 23:58
My driving instructor told me to eat two bananas half an hour before the test.

I thought he was having a laugh - but he was quite serious. As I later found out - after passing.

'Banana Facts
The unique smell of a banana is caused by amyl acetate.
Bananas also have a calming effect; this is because they contain an amino acid called tryptophan. This is converted to serotonin and causes a calming effect because it is a brain inhibiting neurotransmitter.'

Read more: http://www.healthynewage.com/fine-gifts.htm#ixzz1EXiG9q8k

Vistravi
21-Feb-11, 00:00
My driving instructor told me to eat two bananas half an hour before the test.

I thought he was having a laugh - but he was quite serious. As I later found out - after passing.

'Banana Facts
The unique smell of a banana is caused by amyl acetate.
Bananas also have a calming effect; this is because they contain an amino acid called tryptophan. This is converted to serotonin and causes a calming effect because it is a brain inhibiting neurotransmitter.'

Read more: http://www.healthynewage.com/fine-gifts.htm#ixzz1EXiG9q8k

There is always bananas in my house(my son and i love them) So i will give them a go.

Didn't know bananas did all that!

orkneycadian
21-Feb-11, 01:45
Some Old Pulteney should do the trick. A couple of drams of the 12 year old for yourself before you start, and a bottle of 21 year old for the examiner, tucked into the door pocket on the passenger side before he or she gets in. :)