PDA

View Full Version : Weed Killer Advice

IT CAD Master
20-Feb-11, 15:33
Has anybody have any advice for the best product for clearing a large area weeds.

In some places these weeds do come in to contact with the lawn.

Regards

ICM :confused

muffin
20-Feb-11, 15:57
I tried that Pathclear on our driveway and it is supposed to kill all weeds. I meticulously followed the instructions. A complete waste of money and time as the weeds looked a bit sad for a few days and then perked right up.
We used some agricultural weedkiller from Geddes on a large patch of Docks, Rushes and Thistles and that did work but it killed absolutely everything so you need to be very careful about what comes into contact with it. Also I think it is only available in large quantities and you need a sprayer and face mask.
I've seen some products which say they are suitable for use on lawns and don't kill the grass but I've never tried them.

Scunner
20-Feb-11, 16:13
Liquid 'Weed and Feed' for the lawn. Try covering the area with an old carpet, or black polythene, which might inhibit the growth.

billmoseley
20-Feb-11, 17:04
roundup but it will kill the lawn. i have just taken over a garden that hasn't been touch for years and was full of nettles cooch grass and all sorts i used this and it took care of most of it with one go then i gave it a second coat just to be sure

DEEKER
21-Feb-11, 07:17
If You Go To geddes Farm Supplies In Wick, You Can Buy "GLYPHOSPHATE" Which Is The Active Ingredient In Round Up And Not Watered Down.You Dont Need Much So It Lasts A Long Time.It Will Get Rid Of All The Weeds, Not So Good On The Grass Though,Takes A Couple Of Weeks To Work.Bought Mines A Couple Of Years Ago For About £30 A Gallon.Just Need To Put A Small Cup Full In A Watering Can And Dilute With Water.

IT CAD Master
21-Feb-11, 08:11
Many thanks to you all for the advice, I am sure one method will cure my weed problem.

Cheers

ICM

shatter
21-Feb-11, 23:24
Weedkiller from W&A GEDDES is only for people with a certificate of competence, its illegal for them to sell to the public,its best to get someone in that knows what they are doing.