PDA

View Full Version : swinning pool

mrsC2011
20-Feb-11, 15:11
hey i was just woundering does the wick swimming pool still have the rule where it 1 adult to 1 child under the age of 8 as i have 3 under 5 and me and my husband wat to take them swimming

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-11, 15:16
hey i was just woundering does the wick swimming pool still have the rule where it 1 adult to 1 child under the age of 8 as i have 3 under 5 and me and my husband wat to take them swimming

Not sure if its the same rules for wick and Thurso, but in Thurso its 1 adult per child up to the age of 4. 1 adult between 2 kids for 5-8. Anyone over 8 doesnt need an individual adult.

Was just at the thurso pool with 6 kids and 3 of them under 3. Then a 6 year old, 7 year old, 9 year old. Had 4 adults.

telfordstar
20-Feb-11, 15:18
Yeah its the same rule in wick ive seen the notice but there is a time on a saturday when the rule is stretched.

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-11, 15:36
Sorry just been told its 1 adult per child up to the age of 3, one adult per 2 children aged 3-8

mrsC2011
20-Feb-11, 16:56
well thats the hard par i have a nearly 5 n a just turned 2 and a 10month old

alanatkie
20-Feb-11, 17:10
I would think it would be ok but if in doubt give them a call first.

jinglejangle
20-Feb-11, 17:11
you could take your child under 3 and your husband can take the children that is aged between 3 and 5. thurso swimming pool have stopped doing the family swimming time whereby the rules were 'relaxed' slightly on a saturday morning.

Pinky33
20-Feb-11, 18:32
Hi there, i work at the pool and both swimming pool ratio's are as follows:

ages 0-3 are 1 adult - 1 child
ages 4-7 are 1 adult - 2 children
ages 8 and over no adult supervision

You would need 3 adults for your 3 under 5's

Hope this helps.

jinglejangle
20-Feb-11, 19:22
so does thurso pool and wick pool have different guidelines then? i have 3 children under 8 and one under 3 and was told that one adult for the under 3 and 1 adult for the other 2? has this changed?

alanatkie
20-Feb-11, 20:18
Thurso says - Admissions Policy
Children aged 3 & under 1 Adult: 1 Child. Children aged 4–7 years 1 Adult: 2 Children (taken from here (http://www.high-societies.org/details.asp?id=474)) no details on the Wick section on highland council website about admissions.

Dadie
20-Feb-11, 20:34
I need 3 adults to take my kids swimming too!
Lauren will be 5 in June Iona 3 in May and Euan was 1 on new years day.
So we dont go swimming often or we swim in shifts..which is just as annoying...
I will swim with one of the girls then daddy will swim with the other and Euan misses out!
Its fustrating, but, there is nothing we can do.
I think bettyhill pool has more relaxed rules and if it was nearer it would be worth finding out more about the swimming times and parent child rules!

jinglejangle
20-Feb-11, 21:59
Dadie, come May you would be able to take them all to Thurso with your husband. I have the same problem. I went to the family friendly swimming whereby you could have different mix of ages but that has been stopped. Don't understand why Thurso and Wick follow different guidelines? It is for the safety of everyone involved but I either take the 2 eldest with me, or the youngest when the olders ones are at school. x

patrick_boo
16-Mar-11, 11:13
At Bettyhill pool we indeed have more relaxed rules as we are smaller and it is easier to keep an eye on what is going on. We also have a parent and child preschoolers session at 11:30am on a Tuesday morning especially for this - we have a member of staff on hand if necessary to go in the pool and help out with babies and small children.

Dadie
16-Mar-11, 11:21
It would be May next year, that I would be able to take all 3 kids swimming with just me and hubby in Wick or Thurso pools!
The session on a tue in Bettyhill sounds good, but, I dont think we would make it either as it would just be me and the kids...3 is too many to take on your own!
Oh well roll on a holiday away....somewhere....sometime.....
Especially as I think that learning to swim is one of the things you need to learn as you grow up.
Then you are not afraid of the water..and more exciting things like surfing,canoeing and sailing are not off limits!