PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaning?

barmar62
19-Feb-11, 17:51
Hi has anyone hired the carpet cleaner from Homebase?
Can you let me know what you thought please?

annemarie482
19-Feb-11, 18:05
the rug doctor?

(tesco also does it)

very easy to use with excellent results!!

lindsaymcc
19-Feb-11, 18:33
The Rug Doctor is AWESOME!

We first used one a few years ago, and it got hair dye out of my bedroom carpet! It had been there 6 months! Have also used one here when my darling children decided to mess around while we were decorating and tipped half a tin of blue emulsion all over my brand new cream carpet - not a trace of that blue paint now!

I love Rug doctors. Highly recommend them!

unicornleather
19-Feb-11, 22:01
I have the larger industrial sized rug doctor, it is very good. I have one as we have 3 muddy dogs and backed up with a Dyson animal DC32 and a industrial Polti steam cleaner there's not much we can't tackle!
I use the rug doctor on all the upholstery and inside our cars too.
Just remember not to put too much shampoo in the rug doctor or it can muck it up.
Oz

Dadie
19-Feb-11, 22:44
Just remember to take the 101 forms of ID and proof of address with you!
It works well but take your time to empty the room first, makes it easier.
If you have only a couple of rooms needing doing it might be worth spliting the time with a pal "so you get your moneys worth".
We used it once when we moved in here, but since bought a bissel and a steam cleaner, but the livingroom carpet could do with a go over with a bigger machine again(3 kids under 5 one of which is at the potty training stage)as the carpet looks grotty even just after hoovering and steaming.

kitty
20-Feb-11, 00:15
My OH does carpet cleaning if you can't be bothered with the hassle yourself :)

Blarney
20-Feb-11, 01:26
What are his contact details please?

sweetpea
20-Feb-11, 10:19
Can anyone tell me how much it is to hire the Rug Doctor?

annemarie482
20-Feb-11, 10:33
i think its £20 for the machine for 24 hours then you buy you detergent on top of that.

not sure as i used it when i worked at tesco, and staff get free hire.

sweetpea
20-Feb-11, 11:18
oh well that sounds ok, was thinking about trying it, I'm sick of scrubbing the stairs by hand!

annemarie482
20-Feb-11, 11:25
it has an attatchment for doing stairs and upholstery.
there are a few different detergents but i'd recommend spending extra on the "high traffic areas" for your stairs ;)