PDA

View Full Version : Selling your house ?

Bigfoot
18-Feb-11, 19:59
We have been looking for a house to buy for about 4 months now but have not seen anything that we really fancy within our budget. Rather than perhaps go for something that is more of a compromise than we would like we were wondering if anyone was thinking of selling their house within say the next 2-3 months they could let us know. Looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom detached house, or a nice building plot, within about 3 miles of Thurso with a view of the sea if possible (or overlooking Dunnet Beach) we have no house to sell on. We check all the local websites almost daily but if you are thinking of selling in the spring please give us a shout, thanks in advance.

Scarybiscuits03
18-Feb-11, 20:23
sent u a PM

sandyr1
18-Feb-11, 20:58
Just find a house you like and make an offer. If it's over your budget make an offer to buy at your price. If people want to sell they will take what is offered.
.. Houses all over the World are selling for 25/50% less than they were 3 years ago.
One house on the ORG was originally priced at I think 380 thousand pounds and reduced to 240 thousand....
Methinks it is now sold....Give it a try...
No one pays the asking price anymore.
And 'Fixed Price' means nothing!

Bigfoot
18-Feb-11, 21:34
Hi, yes, saw it, very nice but just a touch too dear i'm afraid, thanks though.

David from Stockport
18-Feb-11, 23:04
If you know an road or area etc say for eg Pennyland dr go onto www.nethouseprices.com and go to sold price and you can see the actual prices paid for all property going back 10 yrs ,its great to get an idea of what to offer you can also see if the house ur intrested in has been sold in last 10 yrs and what they paid for it - a great bargining tool . Happy hunting .

Bigfoot
18-Feb-11, 23:40
Thanks David, I`ve not been on there for a while, they seem to have stopped coverage of Scotland, thanks anyway.

Scarybiscuits03
19-Feb-11, 00:44
Rightmove.co.uk have the price that houses were previously sold at...also includes Scotland..............

LMS
19-Feb-11, 10:25
Www.ourproperty.co.uk is very clear and straightforward to use.

Bigfoot
20-Feb-11, 19:27
Thanks for all the replies folks, and some interesting pm's. Please give me a shout if you are planning on selling over the next few months, thanks again.

Bigfoot
04-Jul-11, 09:07
Thanks again to all who have pm`d, we are still looking though so if anyone is planning to sell fairly soon please let us know, thanks.