PDA

View Full Version : Wetherspoons, Wick - an asset to Caithness

daviddd
26-Aug-06, 19:56
Had 2 nice lunches this week - Tuesday, seafood and chicken paella (no fat, very enjoyable) and Friday good old spag bol. Great value and tasty. The coffe is good and only 69p, not £2-odd as in Starbucks (although I do like there too!!).

I also like the ambience of the old building, and the staff are extremely friendly. Alec, who served me Tuesday, was as friendly and chatty as can be even though he was very busy - people like him should be used as instructors at the Co-op in Thurso where many of the staff are as unhelpful and miserable as can be most of the time.

TRUCKER
26-Aug-06, 21:47
Weatherspoons Is A Asset To The Town Of Wick

mr do dar
26-Aug-06, 23:17
sorry truck i totally disagree with you on that one . weatherspoons as taken the heart out of the pubs clubs and bars in the town ....5 years ago the town pubs was full with plesent people having a good drink and enyoying themselves now they just go to weatherspoons get out of their faces and cause trouble.......
and now the clubs pubs and bars are suffering with the damage weatherspoons as done .

riggerboy
07-Sep-06, 11:42
sorry truck i totally disagree with you on that one . weatherspoons as taken the heart out of the pubs clubs and bars in the town ....5 years ago the town pubs was full with plesent people having a good drink and enyoying themselves now they just go to weatherspoons get out of their faces and cause trouble.......
and now the clubs pubs and bars are suffering with the damage weatherspoons as done .

what a load of trollop the bars in wick are just as busy as ever, name 1 pub that is suffering from witherspoons, i for have only been in it 3 times and as far as i can see its just a big rip off, do the math with the measure of the dram and i think you`ll find you have been robbed with the use of a cheap double?

Camra
07-Sep-06, 12:50
Stood in a queue in Wetherspoons for 10mins the other night and eventually gave up, and took my custom elsewhere (not the only one either as i discovered). Only one person behind the bar taking orders for food and drink, hampered by the super efficient computer system.

maidencaithness
07-Sep-06, 20:19
Last time ate in Wetherspoons wife had to get her's for free because of "foreign objects" in the lasagne and mine wasn't much better and certainly will never eat there again! Everything is bought in and micro'd even their egg used to be reconstitued and came in a long roll (that came from a member of staff at an english one, don't think you can use the term chef for any of their employees) you'd be as well eating Pot Noodle and micro chips than going there. Our daughters lips even turned white due to the cheap and nasty vinegar and to top it all three loud mouth girls sat swearing all through lunch (in family area) and staff did nothing.
Went in a few weeks later for a drink on a night oot and left after 10 mins and not even close to getting served, pathetic! Went to Crown got quick, friendly service and good atmosphere. So do us all a favour and close the place down.