PDA

View Full Version : School Estate reviews

doodlebug
17-Feb-11, 22:23
I would like to know, who in Highland Council decided to make this public??
As the Chairperson of my local primary school, I read the letter from Director of Education, as , Head Teachers were asked to share options that have been identified FOR YOUR SCHOOL ONLY with Parent Chairs.
Before I could read it, never mind discuss options with my Head Teacher, I have seen it has become public knowledge.
I think it is terrible that Highland Council have asked Head Teachers to do something, then they have done the opposite and made the document PUBLIC.
These options were supposed to be circulated amongst Head Teachers week commencing 7Feb, not the week that the schools were closed.

Alice in Blunderland
17-Feb-11, 22:42
Thats at times Highland Council for you............say one thing ..do another ;)

Guess what a few of us have even heard the outcome and which schools will be up for closing cant wait to be proved wrong on that one.

lindsaymcc
17-Feb-11, 22:49
The point is - its public. Its what we decide to do with the information now we have it.

Pennyland activists will be pleased..... their campaign has obviously paid off!

Alice in Blunderland
17-Feb-11, 23:00
Pennyland activists will be pleased..... their campaign has obviously paid off!

I would not say anyone is out the woods

Option 3 – Amalgamate the three schools.
Points to note:
Is a single school in Thurso a viable option worth considering?
Could the three be combined into a single school on the Miller site? Would this create traffic problems?
Are there any other sites in the town that could be considered for a new school?

Blarney
17-Feb-11, 23:49
If the report is out where can we read it?

annemarie482
17-Feb-11, 23:51
If the report is out where can we read it?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?136080-School-reviews-initial-suggestions-are-in

Scarybiscuits03
18-Feb-11, 00:09
Where exactly is the Miller Catchment area?..........

doodlebug
18-Feb-11, 00:22
can be read
http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcounc...1-02-17-03.htm

doodlebug
18-Feb-11, 00:25
sorry my link not working, can be viewed on Highland council website, news releases.

Scarybiscuits03
18-Feb-11, 00:26
page not found.....

annemarie482
18-Feb-11, 00:27
check my link above it works

Scarybiscuits03
18-Feb-11, 00:38
Interesting - very useful info thanks!!!!!!!!

theone
18-Feb-11, 07:17
Where exactly is the Miller Catchment area?..........

At the the moment I would imagine it includes Mt Vernon, the town centre/old town and Lower Ormlie/High Ormlie and the houses opposite the hospital.

If option 2 is chosen I imagine it would be expanded to include springpark.

theone
18-Feb-11, 07:19
I would not say anyone is out the woods

I would agree with that.

But the pennyland campaigners will take heart that their school hasn't been singled out in the way Mt Pleasant has.

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-11, 10:38
What about the nurseries where are they going ?

annemarie482
18-Feb-11, 10:40
What about the nurseries where are they going ?

most likely wherever the schools go :(

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-11, 11:10
most likely wherever the schools go :(

ah but will there be space ?

annemarie482
18-Feb-11, 11:17
i dare say they will make space.
has to be cheaper than keeping/ maintaining or rebuilding the current so-called "substandard" nurseries we've been fighting to keep for years.
eg: keiss nursery.

Vistravi
18-Feb-11, 18:40
At the the moment I would imagine it includes Mt Vernon, the town centre/old town and Lower Ormlie/High Ormlie and the houses opposite the hospital.

If option 2 is chosen I imagine it would be expanded to include springpark.

I do hope so as miller is the school that i want my son to go to, that is if we are still living here.

unicorn
18-Feb-11, 18:48
Dumb question coming now... is this right across Scotland or just in Caithness?

annemarie482
18-Feb-11, 19:01
Dumb question coming now... is this right across Scotland or just in Caithness?

as far as im aware its all over.
i think dingwall was the first area to have this done and caithness is the second area and so on.

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-11, 23:13
The strategic review of Highland Council schools will begin in Caithness however other areas will be looked at within the next five years. Dingwall as far as Im aware has not yet been reviewed. :D

annemarie482
18-Feb-11, 23:15
ah i mustve got confused. (not difficult lol)
at the keiss parent council meeting we were told it was being done a region at a time and that the dingwall area were the first under review 2years (or something like that) ahead of the stage caithness is currently at.

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-11, 23:19
http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcouncil/news/newsreleases/2011/January/2011-01-07-01.htm

This link has the information on it for you :D

annemarie482
18-Feb-11, 23:39
ah it was greater fortwilliam!
someone must've confused me by mentioning dingwall lol

Blazing Sporrans
19-Feb-11, 04:43
Do any of the primaries other than Mt Pleasant currently have a special needs unit?