PDA

View Full Version : FAO Facebook users

joxville
17-Feb-11, 20:21
I thought I'd bring the following to the attention of facebook users, especially those that don't go on it often:

Everyones phone numbers are published on facebook; to check and change your settings do the following: Go to top right of screen, click Account, Edit Friends, go to left side of your screen and click Phonebook, you should see a list of your friends and their numbers. To change click Account, select Privacy Settings-Customize settings, (it's in middle of screen highlighted in blue), Click tabs to change settings.

Beat Bug
17-Feb-11, 20:43
Your phone no. is only there if you put it there in the first place!

Na Mara
17-Feb-11, 21:06
Your phone number can be put on facbook without you knowing if you download facebook onto your phone.

Kodiak
17-Feb-11, 21:12
You Only see Telephone Numbers of Friends who have registered their number. I have nearly 500 Friends on Facebook but only 15 have the phone numbers registered.

The same goes for your own phone number. If you have not registered it then it will not be shown.

Scarybiscuits03
17-Feb-11, 21:14
Just checked mine and my settings haven't changed - still friends only.
I think all the settings changed when they decided to update everyone to the "new profile".....I had to then go in and change them back, so it's worth everyone checking......

Scarybiscuits03
17-Feb-11, 21:15
You Only see Telephone Numbers of Friends who have registered their number. I have nearly 500 Friends on Facebook but only 15 have the phone numbers registered.

The same goes for your own phone number. If you have not registered it then it will not be shown.
It automatically registers your number if you use fb on your phone......

upolian
17-Feb-11, 21:57
Cheers for that,now i have some fit bird's numbers!!!

orkneycadian
18-Feb-11, 01:24
I'm a bit worried now. My phone number is in the phone book, and I don't use Facebook. Should I be concerned?

oldmarine
18-Feb-11, 02:36
Looks like a few people have figured out Facebook. A while back Facebook tried to place some safeguards to help users keep their privacy, but I still believe too much information is published for too many people to see.

sandyr1
18-Feb-11, 03:04
I'm a bit worried now. My phone number is in the phone book, and I don't use Facebook. Should I be concerned?

Predators...you know the Bad Guys 'lurk' on the Social networks, and sometimes do bad things....people let their Guard down!
Serious 'stuff'.