PDA

View Full Version : Laptop spacebar repair

silverlady
17-Feb-11, 17:42
Can anyone help? Spacebar on Sony Vaio laptop has been accidentally knocked off and I can't get it back on! Hopin its not broken...... anyone know someone who might be able to help?

Weegie Wonder
17-Feb-11, 18:01
Pete Brown in Watten 01955621623, I can highly reccomend him

silverlady
17-Feb-11, 18:02
Thanks Weegie Wonder, I'll give him a call

_Ju_
17-Feb-11, 19:10
Don't know if vaio is a different system, but when a key came off my laptop (dell) the whole key pad had to be replaced. Was still well within guarantee though.

George Brims
17-Feb-11, 20:13
In my lab most of us use laptops as our primary computer (with docking station and extra display when we're at work), so we've been through a bunch of them over the years. Irrespective of brand, the same advice applies - buy the longest extended warranty you can get!
I managed to dislodge the space bar off a Dell one once, but once I had taken off the main cover I was able to figure out how to get it back on. I was amazed at how flimsy the construction was, and yet it had functioned fine for years. It only came off because I was dusting and the hem of the cloth somehow managed to get under one corner and snag it. Once I clipped it back it was fine and didn't give any bother. In fact that machine is still running at 10 years old, though the battery is shot and it lives on a docking station in a corner, logging lab data for experiments.

silverlady
17-Feb-11, 22:41
Don't know if vaio is a different system, but when a key came off my laptop (dell) the whole key pad had to be replaced. Was still well within guarantee though.

Thsnks Ju, mine is no longer under guarantee but nice man is coming to see if he can sort it tomorrow :))

orkneycadian
18-Feb-11, 01:08
Areyousureyouactuallyneedit?

silverlady
18-Feb-11, 11:59
Heheethatsmucheasier! Mindyoumythumbstillautomaticallygoestothespacebar! !!!