PDA

View Full Version : Are the police above the law???

Pages : [1] 2

drotax
17-Feb-11, 17:41
Today on my way home from work noticed the local police setting a great example to other drivers on the road.

1st of all...

We were driving back to wick on the watten road at 60MPH (The speed limit) when the unmarked 10 plate silver focus estate car passed us so was obviously speeding.

Secondly...

With the car passed myself, the driver of the unmarked car seemed to be in a bit of a rush to pass everything and was forever in the middle of the road to see what was coming. One of his maneuvers includes passing a silver estate car at bilbster whilst a black pickup truck/jeep was coming towards us at around 4pm.
By the time we got passed the car at bilbster the unmarked car was well of into the distance.

If it was the unmarked car following me i am certain i would have been pulled over!

What a great example of save driving to set to other drivers in the county after the other weeks tragedy!

dozy
17-Feb-11, 17:42
Always have been and always will be .

drotax
17-Feb-11, 17:45
It annoys me soooo much!!

Tubthumper
17-Feb-11, 17:48
What, you think that if the Polis drove sedately and carefully all the time then all the eejit drivers in our County would miraculously improve?
Aye right! :roll:

drotax
17-Feb-11, 17:52
No i dont think that at all!

But you would think if they are going to enforce the law they would follow it also!

upolian
17-Feb-11, 18:06
People drive how they want to drive,if they are the law or not,that's the way it is and the way it will always be!

suth13
17-Feb-11, 18:47
Today on my way home from work noticed the local police setting a great example to other drivers on the road.

1st of all...

We were driving back to wick on the watten road at 60MPH (The speed limit) when the unmarked 10 plate silver focus estate car passed us so was obviously speeding.

Secondly...

With the car passed myself, the driver of the unmarked car seemed to be in a bit of a rush to pass everything and was forever in the middle of the road to see what was coming. One of his maneuvers includes passing a silver estate car at bilbster whilst a black pickup truck/jeep was coming towards us at around 4pm.
By the time we got passed the car at bilbster the unmarked car was well of into the distance.

If it was the unmarked car following me i am certain i would have been pulled over!

What a great example of save driving to set to other drivers in the county after the other weeks tragedy! DID IT NEVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT THEY MIGHT BE ON AN EMERGENCY CAll .

theone
17-Feb-11, 18:50
DID IT NEVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT THEY MIGHT BE ON AN EMERGENCY CAll .

I'm actually with the original poster here.

If the police need to break the rules of the road for an emergency they should be displaying lights and sirens to let the public know.

david
17-Feb-11, 18:53
DID IT NEVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT THEY MIGHT BE ON AN EMERGENCY CAll .

If they were on an emergency call, they would have been on blue lights and plenty of noise.

sids
17-Feb-11, 19:04
If you're worried about someone's unsafe driving you can complain to the Police.

The Music Monster
17-Feb-11, 19:07
Am I being really dumb here - most likely! - but how did you know it was the police if it was unmarked?

Corrie 3
17-Feb-11, 19:09
Why on earth would the Police Force need an unmarked Ford Focus Estate???
Surely all unmarked cars have a bit of "Umph" about them, not a family runabout suitable for carrying the pet dogs?
Something fishy here methinks !!

C3......:cool::cool::eek:

drotax
17-Feb-11, 20:23
the lights in the grill, double ariel and the officer behind the wheel gave it away.......

Bazeye
17-Feb-11, 20:25
Sure it wasnt a stolen car they were in.

AR
17-Feb-11, 20:44
There are at least two so-called unmarked Focus estates in Caithness. A silver 10 plate and black 55 plate one. They are nearly unmarked, as stated the extra ariel and the (so called hidden) lights in the grill give the game away, as does the northern constabulay tax disc holder!!! So much for being invisible! Just slightly harder to notice than a jam sandwich!
The driving in the middle of the road is a technique they use to see further past traffic and probably in wet conditions avoid the puddles at the side of the road.
If they were on an emergancy surely the blue ligths were on?
There are other tell tails other than stated but im not giving them all away!

Corrie 3
17-Feb-11, 20:47
There are other tell tails other than stated but im not giving them all away!
Erm !!! Why not ?????

C3....:confused:confused:eek:

AR
17-Feb-11, 20:51
People who travel with me know I can tell unmarked police cars in the dark, and they dont know how i do it so I cant risk them finding out via a public forum!!!

Corrie 3
17-Feb-11, 20:53
People who travel with me know I can tell unmarked police cars in the dark, and they dont know how i do it so I cant risk them finding out via a public forum!!!

Erm, why not????..Isnt that something you would want to share with the whole of the UK?
I dont understand your logic!!

C3.... :-(

AR
17-Feb-11, 20:55
Its just a very annoying knack I have ;-)
And a few friends have been trying to figure out for years.

AR
17-Feb-11, 20:56
Share=no sell=possibly!

theone
17-Feb-11, 20:56
There are at least two so-called unmarked Focus estates in Caithness. A silver 10 plate and black 55 plate one.

I'm quite surprised, if true, that the police are still using a 55 plate. It's quite rare to see a police car more than 3 years old.

pottheed
17-Feb-11, 20:58
If they are driving for police purposes then they can break speed limits, they DO NOT need to have blue lights the DO NOT need to use the siren, have you ever considered they were doing it to catch up with somebody or on a 999 call or maybe the blue lights are not working?

If you read the Roadcraft manual on how to drive it tells you to overtake like you are describing....so they are not in the wrong

what is the issue?, rather than come on a public forum and complain about the police go down to the station and speak to an officer about it rather than complain anonymously to make the police seem bad.

they do an excellent job

Dog-eared
17-Feb-11, 21:00
A copper was late for his shift. Big deal.
But as you say, if it were you.....

theone
17-Feb-11, 21:02
they do an excellent job

Well, I've just been taught a lesson today!

When I saw you posted here, with a user name like that, I was sure your comment would not be in the police's favour.

Just shows you how jumping to conclusions can lead you up the wrong path!

david
17-Feb-11, 21:05
If they are driving for police purposes then they can break speed limits, they DO NOT need to have blue lights the DO NOT need to use the siren, have you ever considered they were doing it to catch up with somebody or on a 999 call or maybe the blue lights are not working?

If you read the Roadcraft manual on how to drive it tells you to overtake like you are describing....so they are not in the wrong

what is the issue?, rather than come on a public forum and complain about the police go down to the station and speak to an officer about it rather than complain anonymously to make the police seem bad.

they do an excellent job

They most defo in wrong if driving to an emergency without blues and twos.

AR
17-Feb-11, 21:08
Northern constabulary and excellent job in the same sentance?! Not in my experiance.
Now where is the nice PC Forbes? Damn, hes been sacked.

pottheed
17-Feb-11, 21:08
explain how? since the law states they do not need to, if they need to make up ground on someone then the blue lights could give the game away....

sids
17-Feb-11, 21:14
Surely all unmarked cars have a bit of "Umph" about them, not a family runabout suitable for carrying the pet dogs?

They might buy a cheap car with a big load space because it doesn't cost much and carries a lot of stuff.

Walter Ego
17-Feb-11, 22:18

1st of all...

Could have been on a shout. You have no way of knowing wether his 'speeding' was legit or not. Live with it. Move on.

Secondly...

What a great example of save driving to set to other drivers in the county after the other weeks tragedy!

I dont see any glaring examples of bad driving in your expert asessment of Plods' progress.

I think maybe someone has a bit of a problem with Plod.

Been nicked for traffic offences recently, have we?;)

chordie
17-Feb-11, 22:25
Are the police above the law???

Masons.

Careful, as it seems you can't discuss problem driving here because it is socially acceptable and a God given right in this county.

Walter Ego
17-Feb-11, 22:33
Masons.

Show us your evidence.

Careful, as it seems you can't discuss problem driving here because it is socially acceptable and a God given right in this county.

Wrong, only insensitive morons who go out of their way to cause trouble on a thread about a remembarance/charity run are targeted.

cullpacket
17-Feb-11, 22:36
Not bothered about there driving it is the attitude that they have social skills have a lot to be desired, more chance of them breaking the the law than me, do not have my respect, A police person should be put forward by the public a local. Good Pension for a traffic warden!!

Walter Ego
17-Feb-11, 22:41
........ A police person should be put forward by the public a local......

What? No chance. I wouldn't trust the public to vote in a carrier pigeon without prejudice or favouritism.

AR
17-Feb-11, 22:49
I'm quite surprised, if true, that the police are still using a 55 plate. It's quite rare to see a police car more than 3 years old.

Its based in thurso as far as im aware, and they have had it like most, if not all of their(our) vehicles since new. Its exact number plate escapes me just now.

upolian
17-Feb-11, 23:01

Police have a focus diesel police car,i could pass them on my pushbike!

upolian
17-Feb-11, 23:04
its based in thurso as far as im aware, and they have had it like most, if not all of their(our) vehicles since new. Its exact number plate escapes me just now.

sy55 ... :)

sandyr1
17-Feb-11, 23:17
Some 'funny' attitiudes on this subject..
Remember...The Police are the Public and the Public are the Police'!

AR
17-Feb-11, 23:27
might be ----byo LOL!

david
17-Feb-11, 23:43
explain how? since the law states they do not need to, if they need to make up ground on someone then the blue lights could give the game away....

Or the same blue lights could warn the public and also warn the criminal that someone is on their tail and that he/she should stop cos their nos up.

drotax
17-Feb-11, 23:47
@ Walter ego - I actually have a clean license i am proud to say :D

Both my work colleague and I were in the car were quiet surprised that the police officer would be speeding through all the traffic like that.

If he was coming back to wick for a call then fair dues..... but i cana see why the would call one officer back from thurso to a call in wick?

Surely they arent that short staffed are they?

sandyr1
17-Feb-11, 23:53

Both my work colleague and I were in the car were quiet surprised that the police officer would be speeding through all the traffic like that.

If he was coming back to wick for a call then fair dues..... but i cana see why the would call one officer back from thurso to a call in wick?

Perhaps it would be better to go to the Police and voice your concerns. Likely they won't tell you the reason, but if it was legit then that would be the end of it. If the Superior spoke to the Officer and he didn't have a good reason, they would advise him to smarten up/ better that surmising all the 'what ifs'.

annemarie482
17-Feb-11, 23:56
maybe just maybe,
the policeman was speeding the same as any civillian that might be speeding.
just no other police around to catch him at it.........

sandyr1
18-Feb-11, 00:03
Yes, but before some people 'slag' him/her to death, wouldn't it be nice to know what the reason was!
If caught 'they' can be in more trouble than a citizen!

upolian
18-Feb-11, 00:15
might be ----byo LOL!
bingo!! LOL!

orkneycadian
18-Feb-11, 01:23
2 internal rear view mirrors on a car that doesn't have L plates is always a bit of a giveaway.... And nice and obvious when silhouetted against the view of the road ahead illuminated by their own headlights! Not so easy to spot when they are behind you in the dark though...

Walter Ego
18-Feb-11, 08:10

OK:Razz Teasing aside, I still stand by my original comment that you, or anyone else for that matter, hads any idea if the 'speeding' was warranted. We can sit here pondering on staffing levels, potential crimes being comitted, the kettle being on, the skill level of the driver, etc til the coos come home. It aint going to change anything.

Personally, I'd be wary of criticising anyone who was cracking on a bit given the circumstances. You could be right, of course, but we'll never know.

ducati
18-Feb-11, 09:44
2 internal rear view mirrors on a car that doesn't have L plates is always a bit of a giveaway.... And nice and obvious when silhouetted against the view of the road ahead illuminated by their own headlights! Not so easy to spot when they are behind you in the dark though...

I too can tell the signs of a police car even at great distance, anyone catching me up.:eek:

northener
18-Feb-11, 09:54

It can be quite amusing when I take the 'L' plates off the car. (Black 10 plate 5 door Fiesta)

You'll get a car come tanking up behind you, start to tailgate you and then you can almost feel the uncertainty setting in as they slowly drop back to a reasonable distance......:Razz

Corrie 3
18-Feb-11, 10:01
This thread appears to me to be the boy racers getting their own back on the police, lets just spare a thought for the coppers that have to go to fatalities and clear up the mess and go and break the news to relatives.
To me the police do a fine job and they can speed as much as they like as long as they are there to help me when I need them. It would be a lawless country without them woudnt it?

C3....:eek::roll:

chordie
18-Feb-11, 10:18
This thread appears to me to be the boy racers getting their own back on the police, lets just spare a thought for the coppers that have to go to fatalities and clear up the mess and go and break the news to relatives.

At last, someone else who is willing to speak up against the complacency that exists when it comes to dangerous and careless driving. Drink driving has now become broadly socially unacceptable - so I don't understand why the childish 'boy racer' type of driving (which is by no means limited to young men) is tolerated. When they cause a serious accident, and live to tell the tale, they are quite rightly taken through the courts and sometimes jailed. Yet when they don't survive they are martyred.

theone
18-Feb-11, 10:33
Yet when they don't survive they are martyred.

I think that is nonsense.

Do you want to give us an example?

martyr 
–noun
1. a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.
2. a person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause: a martyr to the cause of social justice.
3. a person who undergoes severe or constant suffering: a martyr to severe headaches.
4. a person who seeks sympathy or attention by feigning or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.

Jeid
18-Feb-11, 10:37
I guess it doesn't matter. I followed an unmarked car to the Police station one day, I knew it was an unmarked car as soon as it passed me. It was going quite fast into town not crazy fast though. I caught up with it at traffic lights. Their brake lights were stuck on... I had to tell them off for that ;)

Carole
18-Feb-11, 10:49
There must be someone from the local stations reading this thread so I guess the registration plates of the unmarked cars will be changed shortly - if not the cars themselves. Quite right too. I'd like to think our policemen are in the best possible position to protect us by being (relatively) unseen - when appropriate.

lasher
18-Feb-11, 10:59
It can be quite amusing when I take the 'L' plates off the car. (Black 10 plate 5 door Fiesta)

You'll get a car come tanking up behind you, start to tailgate you and then you can almost feel the uncertainty setting in as they slowly drop back to a reasonable distance......:Razz
Thats crap, the police are not going to have a crappy little fiesta!

lasher
18-Feb-11, 11:02
Share=no sell=possibly!
Full of crap=definately

annemarie482
18-Feb-11, 11:06
@ lasher

anything useful to say or do you just like typing "crap" ?

lasher
18-Feb-11, 11:18
@ lasher

Correct! Yes

Corrie 3
18-Feb-11, 12:52
@ lasher

Lets hope his driving isnt crap like his typing is!!!!
Iron Maiden= crap!!!

C3....:roll:;)

lasher
18-Feb-11, 13:12
Lets hope his driving isnt crap like his typing is!!!!
Iron Maiden= crap!!!

C3....:roll:;)
Come back when you have something sensible to say.

Corrie 3
18-Feb-11, 13:54
Ok, will do !!!

Droopy
18-Feb-11, 15:01
This thread is shocking! Why has no-one from Canada been in contact with the Northern Constaulary Headquaters in Inverness and demanded to know why there was (possibly) an unmarked police car on the Wick -Thurso road doing speeds of up to (possibly) 79- 84 MPH.....

Theres only one excuse for this sort of (alleged) behaviour, and that is if they were responding to the discovery of a lost cat after being reported on Caithness. Org. Who knows what might happen to Tiddles had they not raced to the scene at speeds reaching (possibly) 79-84 MPH?

Or maybe there was a stampede at Tesco after a rumour started that it was shutting 30 min early that night? (23.30 instead of 00.00), or maybe.....there was a mass brawl in the Dammies in Thurso when rival gang members belonging to different car polishing faternities met up????........ Who'd be a Policeman aeh?

Anyway thats enough of my ramblings, I dont like to berate the Police as you never know when you'll need them.....Funny how the people that talk down of the Police are normally the type that call them quickest and waste thier time and our taxes sorting out thier messes.;)

northener
18-Feb-11, 15:04
Thats crap, the police are not going to have a crappy little fiesta!

I bow to your obviously superior knowledge.......

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1455180

Post 1 and 12 may be of particular interest to you.

And guess what? They don't all roll over the bonnet when making arrests or drive through piles of cardboard boxes either......

Walter Ego
18-Feb-11, 17:11

Aw bless, can dish it out but can't take it. Poor lamb.

Vistravi
18-Feb-11, 18:27

Bet you enjoy doing this! lol

upolian
18-Feb-11, 18:41
Thread has run it's course a bit fast(speeding?) awaits the undercover org police to close the thread......don't forget your blue flashing lights now...

orkneycadian
19-Feb-11, 10:29
Re: the original title of the thread....

How come the TV can be full of programmes nowadays of coppers going about their "business" with the members of the public getting their faces / crimes / predicaments broadcast on national TV (and presumably international TV given that these programmes in the UK have incidents from other countries as well) and when the "perpetrators" object to the presence of the TV camera, the police reply with "its a public place, he can film what he likes...."

Yet....

Take a camera out in a public place anywhere these days, and expect to be pounced on by "anti-terrorism" police wielding "anti-terrorism" powers, the camera confiscated and destroyed and 12 hours in the nick for intense questioning. And thats probably just for photographing a lamp post. What would the response be if you went to film the police "at work" from a member of the publics perspective? Would the same "its a public place officer, I can film whatever I like" justification still stand?

p.s. I never quite worked out how the police / public place excuse stands up when they have just burst into someones house on a raid and the "perp" is being filmed in his drawers and now being broadcast on TV!

p.p.s. I wonder how much the police get paid for the footage? Must be a lot considering that these programmes are just about wall to wall on some freeview channels.

Corrie 3
19-Feb-11, 11:13
The police are always getting filmed "at work"......look at all the students with their mobile phones filming the police during the demo's (sorry, riots).....and if a copper hits a scruffy student with his baton you can be sure someone has filmed it and it will be news for the next 3/4 days.

C3...:eek::roll:

theone
19-Feb-11, 11:22
Re: the original title of the thread....

How come the TV can be full of programmes nowadays of coppers going about their "business" with the members of the public getting their faces / crimes / predicaments broadcast on national TV (and presumably international TV given that these programmes in the UK have incidents from other countries as well) and when the "perpetrators" object to the presence of the TV camera, the police reply with "its a public place, he can film what he likes...."

I'm not sure of the legalities of it all, but having seen "Road Wars" I've noticed that you are only shown the faces of those who were later convicted of the crime. Anyone who gets away with it has their face blurred out.

As for filming in a public place, I'm not sure of the law either, but I think it's a mixture of the intended use of the video and making people aware they are being filmed.

Fit a hidden camera to your house to watch school girls walking home would probably be illegal, while fitting one in clear view, and fitting signs telling people they are being filmed for security probably would not.

david
19-Feb-11, 11:37
I'm not sure of the legalities of it all, but having seen "Road Wars" I've noticed that you are only shown the faces of those who were later convicted of the crime. Anyone who gets away with it has their face blurred out.

As for filming in a public place, I'm not sure of the law either, but I think it's a mixture of the intended use of the video and making people aware they are being filmed.

Fit a hidden camera to your house to watch school girls walking home would probably be illegal, while fitting one in clear view, and fitting signs telling people they are being filmed for security probably would not.

As far as I know it is illegal to film/take pictures of the Police. They on the otherhand are allowed to film/take pics of the public as long as its in a public place

orkneycadian
19-Feb-11, 11:49
The police are always getting filmed "at work"......look at all the students with their mobile phones filming the police during the demo's (sorry, riots).....and if a copper hits a scruffy student with his baton you can be sure someone has filmed it and it will be news for the next 3/4 days.

Presumably the police in this scenario are too pre-occupied with not getting kicked in the nuts to be confiscating cameras. I imagine it would be a rather different scenario if the "crime scene" were altogether less riotous.....

Until folk go - "Hang on, that looks like so and so's car. And that sounds like her too. Yep it is, thats the same nodding dog she has on the parcel shelf! Ha ha ha ha ha! Wait till I tell everybody at work / on Facebook about this!"

As far as I know it is illegal to film/take pictures of the Police. They on the otherhand are allowed to film/take pics of the public as long as its in a public place

Aha, so in the spirit of the thread title, they are above the law then? Wonder why they don't say that on the TV instead of "its a public place, he can film what he likes" - "Tough sonny, we're the police and we can film you and sell the footage to the TV companies to fund our Christmas night out, but you can't cos we're above you and the law...."

Alternatively, if its not the police behind the camera but say a TV production company, does that change things, because the filming is not actually being done for Law Enforcement but for Entertainment?

theone
19-Feb-11, 11:50

Again, I don't know the legalities of it all but I've got plenty of pictures from drunking nights out around the country of my friends posing with the local police.

Any legal experts on here that can help?

Metalattakk
19-Feb-11, 12:25

Aha, so in the spirit of the thread title, they are above the law then? Wonder why they don't say that on the TV instead of "its a public place, he can film what he likes" - "Tough sonny, we're the police and we can film you and sell the footage to the TV companies to fund our Christmas night out, but you can't cos we're above you and the law...."

Here's a shocker for both of you:

It's not illegal to film the Police in a public area. Unless, of course, you're being an arse about it while doing so.

orkneycadian
19-Feb-11, 12:30
Aha, does someone need to tell the police this then?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/photographers-criminalised-as-police-abuse-antiterror-laws-1228149.html

http://photographernotaterrorist.org/

Metalattakk
19-Feb-11, 12:34
Nope, the Police are well aware of it. Those incidents happened ages ago. Lessons have been learned since then.

bekisman
20-Feb-11, 00:28
One of our previous Volvo V70's was a white turbo. We'd been doing a bit of support for one of our lads cycling across UK; Carlisle to Newcastle, and we had our fluorescent tabards on, as we'd be stopping quite regularly.. It was quite funny to see a line of vehicles trailing behind us, not quite sure if...

sandyr1
20-Feb-11, 02:40
[QUOTE=Droopy;820957]This thread is shocking! Why has no-one from Canada been in contact with the Northern Constaulary Headquaters in Inverness and demanded to know why there was (possibly) an unmarked police car on the Wick -Thurso road doing speeds of up to (possibly) 79- 84 MPH.....

Who'd be a Policeman aeh?

Huh???? As a pround Canadian it is EH!

Amy-Winehouse
21-Feb-11, 10:47
You should watch the wick police conducting the crowd as they exit silver darlings on a sat/sun morning- pathetic , about 4 cars & a van there most weekends & the coppers getting themselves all wound up saying "there's gona be trouble" . Saturday night just passed & there was a wee scuffle which was quickly sorted out by civvis - in go the boys in blue & it all kicks off !!!
Why not use a bit o common sense ?????

Blazing Sporrans
21-Feb-11, 17:53
Amy - so a fight occurs in a public place and the boys in blue are meant to stand back and just let it happen? You have an interesting perspective upon keeping the peace. At what stage would you prefer they do actually intervene? If the Police do become involved, I assume they still have the power of discretion to deal with a situation that might best be described as 'handbags' rather than having to cart off a couple of silly young laddies to the local nick? If they are so pathetic as you suggest, how would you police the situation differently? Instead they are out there actually dealing with any conflict and unrest that comes their way and do not have the luxury that you do of turning your back and walking away. I have my own ideas on who's pathetic and they tend to err against the armchair critic....

My father was a Police officer and I'd back people like him to the hilt any day against people like you.

david
21-Feb-11, 20:32
Okay so you have a point, however if the local bobbys were to spend a few weekends in the centre of say Manchester, Birmingham etc, I'd bet they wouldn't be so keen to get involved.

david
21-Feb-11, 20:38
Amy - so a fight occurs in a public place and the boys in blue are meant to stand back and just let it happen? You have an interesting perspective upon keeping the peace. At what stage would you prefer they do actually intervene? If the Police do become involved, I assume they still have the power of discretion to deal with a situation that might best be described as 'handbags' rather than having to cart off a couple of silly young laddies to the local nick? If they are so pathetic as you suggest, how would you police the situation differently? Instead they are out there actually dealing with any conflict and unrest that comes their way and do not have the luxury that you do of turning your back and walking away. I have my own ideas on who's pathetic and they tend to err against the armchair critic....

My father was a Police officer and I'd back people like him to the hilt any day against people like you.

Policemen in Caithness must have one of the easiest tasks in the uk. No wonder that they feel obliged to do something for their keep.

mcconnachie
21-Feb-11, 21:33
Policemen in Caithness must have one of the easiest tasks in the uk. No wonder that they feel obliged to do something for their keep.

Hahahaha I LOVE IT!!! Tell you what, there's probably someone in Edinburgh that feels the same way. The Caithness cops will earn their 'keep' elsewhere and you brave and knowledgeable citizens can sort it all out yourself. The ranks of the ill informed can do it their way. If it's so easy you'll breeze it!! Roll on a single Police Force if that's how we're viewed! If you see what is put up with over a weekend and what happens in your little quiet backwater in a week then you may not feel so shortchanged. Come and see us and get better informed - can't say fairer than that. Oh and if anyone makes the 'thats your job and you're paid well' argument then step on up! I always maintain, if you want to change something GET INVOLVED.

Wan't to know the fear even in an 'easy' area like Caithness? - The Police run towards what other people run away from. We know at some point we are going to run into something that may kill us. How many people have that feeling going to work? Not something I'd wish on anyone.

bridgeend
21-Feb-11, 22:19
Aye Caithness Police police do very little but go after the car owner who is easy pickings put them down to Glasgow and on the beat not running about in a car and see how they get on.
Mind you Wick Police must be getting short on numbers THREE Sacked over the last yearNo ,1-Forgot to do Paperwork,No 2-Liked to take people out to the Trinkie and threat to Batter . N03-Not Good enough to stay. No1 and No 2 both Guilty in the Sheriff Court.

david
21-Feb-11, 22:44
Hahahaha I LOVE IT!!! Tell you what, there's probably someone in Edinburgh that feels the same way. The Caithness cops will earn their 'keep' elsewhere and you brave and knowledgeable citizens can sort it all out yourself. The ranks of the ill informed can do it their way. If it's so easy you'll breeze it!! Roll on a single Police Force if that's how we're viewed! If you see what is put up with over a weekend and what happens in your little quiet backwater in a week then you may not feel so shortchanged. Come and see us and get better informed - can't say fairer than that. Oh and if anyone makes the 'thats your job and you're paid well' argument then step on up! I always maintain, if you want to change something GET INVOLVED.

Wan't to know the fear even in an 'easy' area like Caithness? - The Police run towards what other people run away from. We know at some point we are going to run into something that may kill us. How many people have that feeling going to work? Not something I'd wish on anyone.

Well as you sound like a serving police officer you will be in a good position to know how many shouts you had in a month compared to the likes of Manchester/Birmingham etc. Being ex fire service myself I know equally well that although you get the same pay wherever you are in the country, you can often end up in a sleepy hollow where little happens. Please enlighten me otherwise.

david
21-Feb-11, 23:00
Aye Caithness Police police do very little but go after the car owner who is easy pickings put them down to Glasgow and on the beat not running about in a car and see how they get on.
Mind you Wick Police must be getting short on numbers THREE Sacked over the last yearNo ,1-Forgot to do Paperwork,No 2-Liked to take people out to the Trinkie and threat to Batter . N03-Not Good enough to stay. No1 and No 2 both Guilty in the Sheriff Court.

Aye, got stopped twice in a month coming back from work to Halkirk in the early hours on a routine around 2am so the busy citys of Wick and Thurso where the police run towards whilst other folks run away must have been really quiet.

bridgeend
21-Feb-11, 23:20
Hahahaha I LOVE IT!!!

Caithness police must like to Run they went Running on 7 Th December 1957 and Assulted a Thurso Youth ,but the case of the Officers never came to the Sheriff Court but it did go to a Government Investagition.
Source-www.tesconnect.co.uk/waters (http://www.tesconnect.co.uk/waters) thurso.

annemarie482
21-Feb-11, 23:21
Caithness police must like to Run they went Running on 7 Th December 1957 and Assulted a Thurso Youth ,but the case of the Officers never came to the Sheriff Court but it did go to a Government Investagition.
Source-www.tesconnect.co.uk/waters (http://www.tesconnect.co.uk/waters) thurso.

1957?!
your scraping the barrel now! lol

bridgeend
21-Feb-11, 23:23
1957?!
your scraping the barrel now! lol
Yes 1957 Made Legal history did that case.
It was mentioned in the House of Commons last year again this case.
You will get more details if you google Hansard John Waters (Tribunal of inquiry)or They work for you.com
sorry i do not know how to link these sites with the org

mcconnachie
21-Feb-11, 23:40
Pop in and I will. Less calls are answered by less cops = same workload but factor in less specialist support. Statistically they answer just as many calls. In Glasgow there are many units to handle specific types of crime. The cop up here handles it all, often with little recourse to back-up. In addition, GMP will not attend a vandalism or petty theft. Police here will investigate it. Other Forces write it off as trivial.

I have worked in a city and the challenges here and in other rural areas are as great, if not greater.

Bridgeend - you have a tiresome axe to grind but I'll answer your point regardless. Police in Glasgow do little beat work - fact. Can't get to a call 5 miles away on foot! Also they don't do the firearms enquiries, school visits, rural patrols that Police do here. There are a plethora of other things Police here do that other areas don't.

What all areas have in common is there is always a vocal group of malcontents deriding hard working people. Corrupt Police get what's coming to them but I will take exception at backhanded snide. Come and see me and discuss your issues. I'm sure the ambulance service and fire service are not derided for their 'quieter' area. We need them in case the worst happens. But a Police car outside a nightclub is a point of annoyance? If the Police car is elsewhere and someone gets bottled them oh how the Police hear about it.

I will hold my record against any person's and have been ethical with it. I am offering you the chance to discuss your issues first hand and challenge your prejudices. Can't say fairer than that.

bridgeend
21-Feb-11, 23:45
Pop in and I will. Less calls are answered by less cops = same workload but factor in less specialist support. Statistically they answer just as many calls. In Glasgow there are many units to handle specific types of crime. The cop up here handles it all, often with little recourse to back-up. In addition, GMP will not attend a vandalism or petty theft. Police here will investigate it. Other Forces write it off as trivial.

I have worked in a city and the challenges here and in other rural areas are as great, if not greater.

Bridgeend - you have a tiresome axe to grind but I'll answer your point regardless. Police in Glasgow do little beat work - fact. Can't get to a call 5 miles away on foot! Also they don't do the firearms enquiries, school visits, rural patrols that Police do here. There are a plethora of other things Police here do that other areas don't.

What all areas have in common is there is always a vocal group of malcontents deriding hard working people. Corrupt Police get what's coming to them but I will take exception at backhanded snide. Come and see me and discuss your issues. I'm sure the ambulance service and fire service are not derided for their 'quieter' area. We need them in case the worst happens. But a Police car outside a nightclub is a point of annoyance? If the Police car is elsewhere and someone gets bottled them oh how the Police hear about it.

I will hold my record against any person's and have been ethical with it. I am offering you the chance to discuss your issues first hand and challenge your prejudices. Can't say fairer than that.

City you mean inverness which is really a large TOWN

annemarie482
21-Feb-11, 23:46
City you mean inverness which is really a large TOWN

who said inverness?!

bridgeend
21-Feb-11, 23:48
I am taking a Guess that maconnachie is a northern Constabulary officer and the only so called city in there area is Inverness

annemarie482
21-Feb-11, 23:50
he/she could have come from anywhere!

i think your wrong to assume just to discredit.

mcconnachie
21-Feb-11, 23:50
PS if you make any snide comments after my post or bang on about how bad the Police were in 1957 you lose!!! Haha. 12 years before than the US dropped the H bomb on Japan but you still go to Disneyworld!!

bridgeend
21-Feb-11, 23:59
So in your view Maconnachie is Policeing in Caithness going to get a lot worse than it is with all the cutbacks we are having now and the cutbacks that your chief has stated

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 00:02
No-one taking up my offer for 'face-time'? Oh well I won't expect a call when these individuals would normally need the Police!

Love the fact that Inverness is fired in as an insult. Nice one. Hilarious as well.

david
22-Feb-11, 00:12
Face time? hello hello hello, wots that all about then? Another trip down the Trinkie me thinks.

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 00:15
Bridgeend - a constructive question but with a hollow tip. Thanks. The Police budget is being cut to the bone. They're are redundancies. Police numbers remain the same but we are having to cover more support functions. Police stations are shutting but since the perception is they do nothing then you chaps won't be worried (why not shut village libraries, schools and doctors too.....they are relatively 'sleepy'). The Political will is for one large Scottish force, run from the central belt.

If this happens then yes service will suffer. Trust me, when I say we are all working like trojans to keep Police out there and crime down. A super Force will most likely look at Caithness, say 'backwater' and reduce Police strength here.

Metalattakk
22-Feb-11, 00:15
Face time? hello hello hello, wots that all about then? Another trip down the Trinkie me thinks.

Take your mum along. She can hold your hand and make sure you'll be OK.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/f_doh.gif

The Music Monster
22-Feb-11, 00:17
Ironic that this thread appeared just after I had posted how great I thought the police were in this area. I still think they are!!! It is very much a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" with the police force. We all criticise them, but we don't offer very much support when they do something good.

I like the Northern Constabulary. They might not be the best in the country statistically, but they have always been eager to help and very friendly when I've encountered them. As some of you know, I moved up here about a year ago after living in North Lincolnshire for 15 years, and trust me, if you think your police force is bad... compared to Humberside you ain't seen nothing yet!!!

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 00:20
David! Fantastic! You got some more of that stuff? If you don't mind I'd speak to you at my place of work........

If I went down the Trinkie I'd only be worried you'd be sitting in your car turning the interior light on and off, to attract 'dog walkers'!! lol

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 00:26
Seriously, folks.......I'm prepared to sit with a cup of tea/coffee/pint and explain anything you want explained. If you have a grievance I'll discuss it.

However, if you only want to slag me/us then crack on.

The Music Monster
22-Feb-11, 00:31
Seriously, folks.......I'm prepared to sit with a cup of tea/coffee/pint and explain anything you want explained. If you have a grievance I'll discuss it.

However, if you only want to slag me/us then crack on.

I've no grievances! Keep up the good work!!!

david
22-Feb-11, 00:32
Just an incident I remember from a few years ago... I was taking my Uncle fishing on Loch Euan and we needed to get pass Loch Dhu Hotel which had been subject to some sort of burglary the night before. We were both suitably attired, usual stuff , fishing hats, waders , rods on rests outside of the vehicle etc. I was stopped by a member of CID approx 100m from the lodge and asked what I was doing there( I even had been to school with this bloke!!) Dohhh!!

Phill
22-Feb-11, 00:33
As far as I know it is illegal to film/take pictures of the Police.
I don't think it's illegal, they seem quite OK about it mostly. Take this happy chappie:
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/itsalljustrandom/happycop.jpg

This is just before he beat me senseless with his masonic gavel for taking his piccy.

david
22-Feb-11, 00:35
David! Fantastic! You got some more of that stuff? If you don't mind I'd speak to you at my place of work........

If I went down the Trinkie I'd only be worried you'd be sitting in your car turning the interior light on and off, to attract 'dog walkers'!! lol

Does your boss know your posting like this?

david
22-Feb-11, 00:46
I don't think it's illegal, they seem quite OK about it mostly. Take this happy chappie:
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/itsalljustrandom/happycop.jpg

This is just before he beat me senseless with his masonic gavel for taking his piccy.

You need help.

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 00:47
David, I'm sure you'll be telling him!! Crack on with that too. If you can't take it then don't play with the big boys!

These forums are ace! I try to educate and explain and this guy starts making jibes inferring I'm going to threaten people at a remote spot! When I dig back, his bottom lip hits the floor.

Haha go tell your tales David...

david
22-Feb-11, 01:05
Sorry I think you need help.

Phill
22-Feb-11, 01:10
You need help.
You don't know how much!!

[para]

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 01:12
Sorry I think you need help.

Yes I do. Help from the public and constructive input. You have gripe because some policeman had the audacity to stop you when you were hunting and shooting. Amazing.

david
22-Feb-11, 01:24
Hey, get to bed, your protecting the folk of Caithness in the morn.Sleep it off cos u must be pissed! Dont take the car though! I don't shoot u muppet!!

david
22-Feb-11, 01:27
Yes I do. Help from the public and constructive input. You have gripe because some policeman had the audacity to stop you when you were hunting and shooting. Amazing.

Mind and take your trainers off!

david
22-Feb-11, 01:35
And your nice lacy top and bra!

david
22-Feb-11, 01:41
Okay goodnight then, dont forget to hyperventilate when you get pulled over by your mates in the morn. As you know it will reduce your BAC by 30%

david
22-Feb-11, 02:07
David, I'm sure you'll be telling him!! Crack on with that too. If you can't take it then don't play with the big boys!

These forums are ace! I try to educate and explain and this guy starts making jibes inferring I'm going to threaten people at a remote spot! When I dig back, his bottom lip hits the floor.

Haha go tell your tales David...

Big boys? Tit

Amy-Winehouse
22-Feb-11, 06:44

You should come & have a look for yourself next saturday then.

2 female officers who I must add were not very tall charging over after the scuffle- not anymore than a scuffle was over to try and assert their power by arresting someone or even anyone whilst leaving their cars lying in the middle of the road so that nobody could get passed.

There was also a detectives car at one side of the camps car park & a van at the other so no cars or taxis could get in or out (nothing new there then) By the time the ladies had gotten out their cars ,the scuffle was over .

Maybe yer father was a police officer, I have no doubt he was a good officer, but how long ago was that?
The thread asks are the police above the law ? Well in my experience, some of them really do think they are above the law , they are not, they are theyre to uphold the law & not break it. Protect & serve isnt it ?

ducati
22-Feb-11, 09:19
Ello,ello,ello.....What's goin' on 'ere then? :eek:

annemarie482
22-Feb-11, 09:22
has the whole of last nights conversation been removed?!!

david
22-Feb-11, 09:28
Looks like it!

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-11, 10:46

2 female officers who I must add were not very tall charging over after the scuffle- not anymore than a scuffle was over to try and assert their power by arresting someone or even anyone whilst leaving their cars lying in the middle of the road so that nobody could get passed.

There was also a detectives car at one side of the camps car park & a van at the other so no cars or taxis could get in or out (nothing new there then) By the time the ladies had gotten out their cars ,the scuffle was over .

Maybe yer father was a police officer, I have no doubt he was a good officer, but how long ago was that?
The thread asks are the police above the law ? Well in my experience, some of them really do think they are above the law , they are not, they are theyre to uphold the law & not break it. Protect & serve isnt it ?
Where in your tale is an example of the Police thinking they're above the law?

sandyr1
22-Feb-11, 15:48
Just wondered if anyone knows why a large number of 'interesting' posts have been removed.
Just scanned over them last nite...And the Poster also does not appear in the name section.....

david
22-Feb-11, 16:06
Just wondered if anyone knows why a large number of 'interesting' posts have been removed.
Just scanned over them last nite...And the Poster also does not appear in the name section.....

Judging by his posts last night maybe a wind up?

Torvaig
22-Feb-11, 16:07
Maybe posting inside information by a serving officer is not allowed....!

Phill
22-Feb-11, 20:45
Police coverup!!

No wait, Masonic police coverup!:eek:

Even better, Islamic extremist masonic police in cash for posts expenses scandal coverup with page 3 girl and a footballer!!!:eek::eek:

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-11, 20:48
Maybe he was never really there....... lol :D

sandyr1
22-Feb-11, 21:05
Yes...perhaps....
Tests one's mind eh!
He, she or it!

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 21:25
No I'm for real. I await to find out what what was inappropriate about sticking up for your profession.

chordie
22-Feb-11, 21:32
No I'm for real. I await to find out what what was inappropriate about sticking up for your profession.

It's half-past-eight and your Mammy is shouting on you to get to bed - it's a school day tomorrow. Nighty night.

22-Feb-11, 21:49
A number of posts were removed from this thread for review by the Admin & Moderators. This was the result of two things.

1. Some members reported posts to the Admin/Mods for various reasons which concerned them.
2. In the early hours of this morning the thread had descended into personal insults.

Warnings/infractions may be issued but meantime the thread has been left open for you all to continue posting as normal.

sandyr1
22-Feb-11, 21:50

Am trying to figure all this out.........you must admit, no ident and missing posts, are all a wee bitty weird!

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-11, 21:54
It's half-past-eight and your Mammy is shouting on you to get to bed - it's a school day tomorrow. Nighty night.
Juvenile behaviour - next thing there'll be a Harry Hill style 'fiiiiiiiiiiiight' :eek:

Corrie 3
22-Feb-11, 21:59

Thats not really called for is it Chordie? The Mods are already having to sort out one lot of personal insults without you adding to it!!

C3.. :-(

sandyr1
22-Feb-11, 22:02
R U confused C3?

Just read the 'Boss Comment'...Understand now. Didn't read all the earlier posts!! TY

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 22:07
Not sure I agree with the moderator. Casual jibes at the Police have been present since the beginning of this thread but not removed. It maybe not name calling but was genuinely insulting to a group of people. Even the Police are allowed the right to reply and the orgers have the right to put their point over. I am frankly disgusted that last nights posts were removed when there was a genuine attempt to engage in discussion. The 'banter' would be commonplace in a debating chamber.

If this thread is a back alley rum table for ill informed tittle tattle then the moderators are welcome to it. I am both surprised and disappointed.

sandyr1
22-Feb-11, 22:11
I agree somewhat, but it takes all kinds to make this world!
Each time the Police are mentioned they do not fare well, but then you have to understand where it is coming from....I like to call it a 'Sma' mind, and the fact that those who know absolutely nothing about it are the loudest.
But you will find out that with lots of other subjects/ ideas on here.

Kind of like the Masonic Lodge. Lots would love to be there but cannot, thus the Heathen secret society. Just life!

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-11, 22:12
The 'banter' would be commonplace in a debating chamber.

Maybe in the House of Commons mcconnachie but you wouldn't wish to descend to that level surely?? :lol:

bridgeend
22-Feb-11, 22:23

Amy
It is the same here in Thurso they will wait until the trouble is over then jump in and get a couple.
It would be better instead of sitting in cars at skins to get out of the cars and mingle with the crowd.

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-11, 22:25
So what is your take on the cuts made in Northern?
Is it right only 3 on duty in wick at times to cover from JOG to the Ord?
Sorry for butting in bridgeend but I come from a Police family (father and brother - both now retired) but I think it's a wee bit inappropriate to ask that question on this forum. Only because I don't think it's necessarily mcconnachie's job to comment on actions or decisions taken/made by his bosses. It might possibly lead to a place he doesn't want to go...... I'd have thought staffing levels were a matter for the Inspector of Police in Wick.

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-11, 22:29
Amy
It is the same here in Thurso they will wait until the trouble is over then jump in and get a couple.
It would be better instead of sitting in cars at skins to get out of the cars and mingle with the crowd.

I'm in town on a semi-regular basis at weekends (the curse of collecting children who have newly-formed social lives and won't walk home) and I see the Police regularly on foot outside the nightclub. Even spoken to them a few times. They're the ones in bright yellow jackets bridgeend.....

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 22:30
Sandyr1 I understand what you are saying. But this REALLY does matter (I know loads of topics here do). I'm not a Mason. I don't understand them but I can't judge them either. What I know is that when I was 4 years old I watched Christopher Reeve land on a pavement in Superman The Movie and I belted through to the bathroom and tucked a towel in my shirt. I wanted to be a hero and climbed up the stairs and jumped off. My dad caught me just before I hit the ground. Problem is I BELIEVED. It never stopped.

I have been a hero and a coward in the years since. All I want is for the people out there to 'believe'. The Police culture is to be silent but I care. I want people to believe that there are forces for good and honour. Things to support and stand behind. Some cops desire power. Some want the secure pension. Some are genuine serious people that fight evil. All I ask is that you support the good guys.

sandyr1
22-Feb-11, 22:31
I am Disappointed too as i would of liked to see your comments Maconnachie.
As you said last night less "calls are answered by less cops equals sameworkload"
So what is your take on the cuts made in Northern?
Is it right only 3 on duty in wick at times to cover from JOG to the Ord?

May I just throw in my wee bitty...
I don't think it is smart to discuss Police Operational strategies in any Public Forum. Staffing is not a cut and dried thing. It is a fluid place where sometimes staffing is available and sometimes not, but there is always a Minimum that one runs with.
You know there are the Police supporters and the Police detractors...and normally the Negatives outweigh the positives in that Job.
But I remember a statement that was going round many years ago.....If one isn't happy with the Polis...call a drugged out hippy!

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 22:36
Oh and I can stand the odd insult if you can too!!!! The moderators may tickle me to death though!

gleeber
22-Feb-11, 22:37
This is becoming another org classic.
Most of the comments made about the police on here are widely held views towards the police in our society. Hell, I used to no like them myself and I still get a shiver if one of them drives up behind me. :lol:
They do a great job though.
Its an intersting medium we are using. Stuff like this would never have been public before the internet existed. I canna see it lasting.

david
22-Feb-11, 22:37

If you really are a serving member of the police, (which I doubt) I'd be interested to see how your Chief Constable would react to the comments you have made.

22-Feb-11, 22:40
The removed posts have now been restored. Never let it be said that the Admin/Mods of Caithness dot Org don't respond to the requests of their members.

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 22:41
Sandyr1 - I smell 'job' old chap but I feel its important to be honest and open. I will never mention operational numbers, shift patterns or targets. It's war on crime after all! But you chaps do pay for us. Yes, the Inspector makes the calls but even a PC has a brain. I'm not gonna tell the neds how we do business. I want you guys to help us do business. Same goals after all!

gleeber
22-Feb-11, 22:43
The Mods have been watching too much television. Perhaps they think the orgers will start to rebel and call for freedom and democracy. Gadafis gluffed them.

sandyr1
22-Feb-11, 22:43
Interesting....Some on here say the Police jump in too soon, othere say that they don't, two female officers having a hard time as they were small....but if there were no Women then that would be another complaint....
Policing always has been a 'touchy' subject. No more likes to be caught.
The majority of people are good and honest, as is our youth.
I shall give you a statistic...Police deal with 5% of the people 95% of the time.

gleeber
22-Feb-11, 22:45
I shall give you a statistic...Police deal with 5% of the people 95% of the time.
I wonder what percentage of them would be freemasons? ;)

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-11, 22:48
I wonder what percentage of them would be freemasons? ;)
Naughty, naughty gleeber :lol: But to be fair I don't think there is anywhere near the prevalency that there might have been a generation (and certainly two generations) ago...

david
22-Feb-11, 22:52
Sandyr1 - I smell 'job' old chap but I feel its important to be honest and open. I will never mention operational numbers, shift patterns or targets. It's war on crime after all! But you chaps do pay for us. Yes, the Inspector makes the calls but even a PC has a brain. I'm not gonna tell the neds how we do business. I want you guys to help us do business. Same goals after all!

Yes we do pay you and "if" you are a PC by posting some of your comments here you are one of the few PC's without a brain.

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 22:53
AGREE TOTALLY Sandyr1. We ALL protect the silent majority and the youth. Police and good citizens alike. There is no difference.

David - pleeeeez leave me alone. I'm trying to put across a point here. If you have an issue please go to my bosses but please stop bothering me on here. There are decent people making good points. Let them say their piece and get over the obsession with the Trinkie! It's really cold this time of year...unless the heaters are on!! ;-)

chordie
22-Feb-11, 22:56

Are we still playing the game of "Feed the Fantasist" ? What fun.

david
22-Feb-11, 22:57
No problem..... Thought I was playing with the big boys? Sorry. Never been to the Trinkie. Stay warm

sandyr1
Come now 'boys'.. Many other more interesting things went on at e trinkie.......

And methinks that those who are rather vocal are the ones who don't know about the Polis and the Masons.
I aways thought we should give 'informed' critiques!

Blazing Sporrans
Yes we do pay you and "if" you are a PC by posting some of your comments here you are one of the few PC's without a brain.

As my father used to say "opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble". When you have nothing constructive to say, why bother..... :rolleyes:

gleeber
22-Feb-11, 23:01
Come now 'boys'.. Many other more interesting things went on at e trinkie.......

And methinks that those who are rather vocal are the ones who don't know about the Polis and the Masons.
I aways thought we should give 'informed' critiques!
It's only you who brought up the masons sandy. That's another thread

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 23:05
Come on Dave......I'm going easy on ya old boy!!! The heavy artillery is miles back haha! Look we are there for everyone. Yes, there's work to be done. I want to see the Police become a vocational, heavy hitting organisation that looks for the finest people. Back me on this.

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-11, 23:08
Personally, I'm now beginning to wonder what in particular drives david's beef with the Police and just what would he do to sort things.....?

gleeber
22-Feb-11, 23:08
:eek:Your having a wind up mcconnachie?

sandyr1
22-Feb-11, 23:09
It's only you who brought up the masons sandy. That's another thread

Please go back and read all the threads..several mentions of masons by others..........
It appears that several people have a thing for Cops and Masons...

david
22-Feb-11, 23:14
Come on Dave......I'm going easy on ya old boy!!! The heavy artillery is miles back haha! Look we are there for everyone. Yes, there's work to be done. I want to see the Police become a vocational, heavy hitting organisation that looks for the finest people. Back me on this.

My advice would be to get some help soon. just read your last post again. You may be one of the finest but I think you've hit a low point.

golach
22-Feb-11, 23:15
Please go back and read all the threads..several mentions of masons by others..........

How old is your granny Sandy? Or is that a secret [lol]

sandyr1
22-Feb-11, 23:19

Good eve Mr. G. Nice of you to drop in?
Its a wee bity Ccccccold here, so I was poring over the 'Puter before I went for my Wings and....refreshments.....
That is quite a question.....

gleeber
22-Feb-11, 23:19

Lol Aye Chordie brought them up. They often get mentioned in dispatches. Do you realy think its jealosy?

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-11, 23:20
:eek:Your having a wind up mcconnachie?

About having vocational cops you mean? My dad was a vocational cop - certainly wasn't for the money; plenty split shifts and unpaid overtime back in his day and we scraped by on hand me downs, as did many of our generation. What's wrong with thinking that there still might be those that become cops because they wish to contribute to society? Nursing and teaching are widely perceived as vocational, why not policing?

gleeber
22-Feb-11, 23:22
Good eve Mr. G. Nice of you to drop in?
Its a wee bity Ccccccold here, so I was poring over the 'Puter before I went for my Wings and....refreshments.....
That is quite a question.....

That would be quite a coup for the org if we got sandy talking about the Masons and would you believe the police in the same thread.

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 23:23
David. If I am one of the finest then come speak to me - there are finer. Its the only way to know if I'm real. Not sure where the low point comes in asking people to support and look for a better life. The Police should uphold morals and basic law after all. I have no problem in taking pelters and answering the questions but to get called brainless, 'low' and various other abstract infractions smacks of unfairness. You don't even know me.

sandyr1
22-Feb-11, 23:26
That would be quite a coup for the org if we got sandy talking about the Masons and would you believe the police in the same thread.

And I can have my opinion on Dounreay also as I nearly went to work there, but managed to make good my escape

gleeber
22-Feb-11, 23:27
David. If I am one of the finest then come speak to me - there are finer. Its the only way to know if I'm real. Not sure where the low point comes in asking people to support and look for a better life. The Police should uphold morals and basic law after all. I have no problem in taking pelters and answering the questions but to get called brainless, 'low' and various other abstract infractions smacks of unfairness. You don't even know me.
Are you a bobby macconnachie?

gleeber
22-Feb-11, 23:28
And I can have my opinion on Dounreay also as I nearly went to work there, but managed to make good my escape
You can have your opinion on absolutely anything you want Sandy. Hell its the org.

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 23:30
No gleeber my name isn't Robert.

david
22-Feb-11, 23:32

You dont know me either and I hope we never meet yet you can let off inuendos about interior car lights/Trinkie for example. I am genuinely concerned that you may have had a bit too much to deal with at present. Perhaps go to the doc's in the morn. Your bosses going to love this if they get hold of. Delete post would be my advice!

chordie
22-Feb-11, 23:33
No gleeber my name isn't Robert.

It's Walter.....Mitty.

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 23:40
David, you mentioned the Trinkie. You keep making reference to mental health when its not really a subject for a jibe. People's differing opinion does not mean they are needing treatment. If an interior light annoys you to this level we can only hope hazard lights are never deployed! Please feel free to pad into my bosses and voice your concerns. Get over it...is my advice. What exactly was the innuendo that annoys you so much?

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 23:41
It's Walter.....Mitty.

Busted! I am Robert Mitty. The Great Grandson of Walter Mitty. I think. Or have I imagined the entire episode?...Ahhhh!

david
22-Feb-11, 23:45
David, you mentioned the Trinkie. You keep making reference to mental health when its not really a subject for a jibe. People's differing opinion does not mean they are needing treatment. If an interior light annoys you to this level we can only hope hazard lights are never deployed! Please feel free to pad into my bosses and voice your concerns. Get over it...is my advice. What exactly was the innuendo that annoys you so much?

Okay will do.

mcconnachie
22-Feb-11, 23:53
Look forward to it! At the very worst I'll be confirmed as actually existing! Thereby adding efficacy to everything I've posted. Your attitude and obvious prejudice is disappointing.

david
22-Feb-11, 23:58
Look forward to it! At the very worst I'll be confirmed as actually existing! Thereby adding efficacy to everything I've posted. Your attitude and obvious prejudice is disappointing.

Hope you have a nice sleep. Prejudice??

mcconnachie
23-Feb-11, 00:06
Why the negative attitude. What's your issue?

david
23-Feb-11, 00:13
Why the negative attitude. What's your issue?

My issue is we have a supposed copper in Caithness who is barking mad. Take my advice and delete this post.You know it makes sense.

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 00:15
Davids probably finding it hard to believe your a real Bobby. I'm not so sure myself. Either way though you raise good points and deserve to be discussed.

golach
23-Feb-11, 00:18
My issue is we have a supposed copper in Caithness who is barking mad. Take my advice and delete this post.You know it makes sense.
Why dont you delete your post David? You may be the one who is barking

david
23-Feb-11, 00:20
Why dont you delete your post David? You may be the one who is barking

Valid but iv nothing to lose.

mcconnachie
23-Feb-11, 00:21
Anyway signing off Orgers. Better not mistype that as Orgiers or David's bonce will implode!!!

All I wanted to say is we are the Blue Lamp in the night when no-one else is there. We fail because we are human but we try to be better. David Bowie sang " We could be heroes just for one day." Same goes for all of us but the trick is keeping it going. Every passing day is a chance to be a hero even if you don't quite make it. It's easy to sneer and deride a cause but that never made anything better.

The Police are you and you are the Police. They are not Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne. They have the same foibles you do. But they are the soldiers fighting a battle within. Please don't write them off. If you feel you could do better then step up and effect change.

Regards

david
23-Feb-11, 00:22
Davids probably finding it hard to believe your a real Bobby. I'm not so sure myself. Either way though you raise good points and deserve to be discussed.

I see, so hes not a nutcase then-mmm off to the docs in the morn!

david
23-Feb-11, 00:25
Anyway signing off Orgers. Better not mistype that as Orgiers or David's bonce will implode!!!

All I wanted to say is we are the Blue Lamp in the night when no-one else is there. We fail because we are human but we try to be better. David Bowie sang " We could be heroes just for one day." Same goes for all of us but the trick is keeping it going. Every passing day is a chance to be a hero even if you don't quite make it. It's easy to sneer and deride a cause but that never made anything better.

The Police are you and you are the Police. They are not Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne. They have the same foibles you do. But they are the soldiers fighting a battle within. Please don't write them off. If you feel you could do better then step up and effect change.

Regards

Blue lamp in the night?? Get a grip! You defo need help.

golach
23-Feb-11, 00:27
I see, so hes not a nutcase then-mmm off to the docs in the morn!

Ask the doc to look at your fixation with the HDBF [lol]

david
23-Feb-11, 00:29
Ask the doc to look at your fixation with the HDBF [lol]

Ill take Pc mcconnachie along for support!

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 00:31
Blue lamp in the night?? Get a grip! You defo need help.

Methinks, things are a bit over your head. Not your fault I suppose.

mcconnachie
23-Feb-11, 00:33
David, a man with nothing to lose has already lost all his battles.

Pro-police opinions don't indicate mental health issues. Would you like me to PM you with some quality retorts?

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 00:36
A man with nothing to lose has already lost all his battles.

Very well said. I think David show bow out....better that way!

david
23-Feb-11, 00:36
David, a man with nothing to lose has already lost all his battles.

Pro-police opinions don't indicate mental health issues. Would you like me to PM you with some quality retorts?

Don't even think about pm me.

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 00:37
I could probably think of a question I would like to ask a serving police officer about the realtionship between the police and the public. Im not convinced your a policeman though but if you were your stance could do a lot for that relationship.

mcconnachie
23-Feb-11, 00:39
I have genuinely enjoyed all this. Nice to hear your perceptions, good and bad. Feel free to pop past for tea though. We could all sit on laptops in the same room e-slating each other! Except for ol Dave. He'll still be in the blast shelter getting his wife to pedal faster in case the lights go dim!!!

david
23-Feb-11, 00:39
A man with nothing to lose has already lost all his battles.

Very well said. I think David show bow out....better that way!

You blind?

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 00:40
I could probably think of a question I would like to ask a serving police officer about the realtionship between the police and the public. Im not convinced your a policeman though but if you were your stance could do a lot for that relationship.

Come on Gleeber.....I am sure the collective thoughts of this fine Group would come up with an answer.

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 00:41
You blind?

No I am not blind/ pray tell why u ask?

david
23-Feb-11, 00:42
I have genuinely enjoyed all this. Nice to hear your perceptions, good and bad. Feel free to pop past for tea though. We could all sit on laptops in the same room e-slating each other! Except for ol Dave. He'll still be in the blast shelter getting his wife to pedal faster in case the lights go dim!!!

Okay you cant possibly be a copper then. Oh god Iv been ad again!

Blazing Sporrans
I could probably think of a question I would like to ask a serving police officer about the realtionship between the police and the public.

You can't just pique our curiosity like that and then just leave us hanging gleeber! That's positively ungentlemany conduct ;)

mcconnachie
Sorry David. Cheap shot. Makes sense you'll own a generator.

Gleeber, I'll answer any questions that'll not give away sensitive operational procedure or discredit the Force (not the Obi Wan one)

david
23-Feb-11, 00:44
No I am not blind/ pray tell why u ask?

Just interested.

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 00:44
You can't just pique our curiosity like that and then just leave us hanging gleeber! That's positively ungentlemany conduct ;)

Gleeber a gentleman??? Ohhhh Gosh......Really?

david
23-Feb-11, 00:46

Gleeber, I'll answer any questions that'll not give away sensitive operational procedure or discredit the Force (not the Obi Wan one)

Mmm sorry lost me there.

golach
23-Feb-11, 00:47
Gleeber a gentleman??? Ohhhh Gosh......Really?

One of Thursa's finest Sandy....so I have been told

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 00:48
Are the police taught to be cool towards the general public in their private lives and if so how does it effect you as a policeman living in a small community?

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 00:48
Are the police taught to be cool towards the general public in their private lives and if so how does it effect you as a policeman living in a small community?

Loaded Q????

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 00:49
One of Thursa's finest Sandy....so I have been told

And I was under the assumption he were a Lady.....Gosh /////gosh

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 00:50
Loaded Q????
I hope so sandy. :lol:

Blazing Sporrans
23-Feb-11, 00:50
Does 'cool' mean offhand and distant or is it 'cool' as in Fonzie sort of cool.......?:D:D

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 00:51

Care to comment Gleeber?

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 00:51

So that's why you kept sending me PMs. You dirty owld sod.

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 00:53
Does 'cool' mean offhand and distant or is it 'cool' as in Fonzie sort of cool.......?:D:D

It means an incomplete contact. Distant kind of. Yes

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 00:53
So that's why you kept sending me PMs. You dirty owld sod.

You are so funny!!!!!

Blazing Sporrans
23-Feb-11, 00:56
It means an incomplete contact. Distant kind of. Yes

Damn....... Fonzie cool would have made for a really interesting answer!!! :(

david
23-Feb-11, 00:56

Discredit the force- you -surely not.

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 00:57
Damn....... Fonzie cool would have made for a really interesting answer!!! :(
Im sure they have that too but thats the natural bit.

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 00:58

Say something Normal & Nice

Blazing Sporrans
23-Feb-11, 00:59

Change the record david.... or should that be mp3 download these days?

Phill
23-Feb-11, 01:00
Ooooh, this is all moving along quite pleasantly! Where are we upto? Copper bashing, mason bashing or all off dogging down the Trinkie?
I do hope we're not going to let this one go to private PM's, mucho fun in the public domain.

[thread topic moment]
I think the reality is the polis have for a long time been in a no win situation: if they don't turn up within minutes and instantly collar the perp', they are useless & inept. If they do you for speeding there heavy handed, overzealous and 'should be arresting real criminals'.
And no, they are not above the law. But we knew that already.
The Police though is a big business with a huge number of staff(UK wide), so it is inevitable that there will be the incompetent, inept, lazy and powercrazed. Equally there will be the conscientious, hard working and dedicated coppers plus everything in between.

I do think though, that collectively they need to take a look at themselves, their actions and how they present themselves in public. I'm being constructive here. It is lacking and often gives the impression, to me at least, of a bunch of ego maniacs looking to show that they can enforce 'something' as a primary role and actual policing being the secondary role.
I have had very little to do with Northern Constabulary and only experienced very little of their work but they don't seem any better or worse than other forces in this respect.

There was reference earlier in the thread to the 'reality' fly on the wall type programs about the coppers. These often do show the police in their worse light, maybe they're playing up for the camera though. Either way it doesn't promote them very well in my opinion.

Generally speaking however we do need 'em, 'cept fer hiding in their camera vans!
[/thread topic moment]

Anyway no point interrupting the debate with anything to do with the thread....bunkers, generators and paranoia sounds good!

:grin:

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 01:03
Rather intelligent, well thought out comment!

david
23-Feb-11, 01:06
Say something Normal & Nice

I think the police are marvellous.

mcconnachie
23-Feb-11, 01:07
Oooooo that's a stake through the heart!!!!! Let's rename this thread 'ARE THE POLICE ALOOF?'.

I have some theories about this but could honestly write a thesis. The Police are taught to be Police - not cool. Alot of cops are fully socially integrated. Some remain distant. It's how they develop depending on their experience. I noticed that from the very beginning attitudes changed before I had. Jokes is pubs became constant jibes about. "watching what you say around him". I was still the wee lad with the towel tucked in at his neck wanting to save Lois Lane. People say the Police view themselves as a breed apart. Maybe, but that social isolation is a two way street.

You can't come on a forum like this and refer to people as violent freemasons, corrupt, lazy and even imaginary without understanding why a 'cool' approach would be adopted. In the face of so much negativity it's human nature to throw up defences. People vary but when the guard comes down cops are the bawdiest, funniest people that you'll ever meet.

My father put it well. He said Police are standoffish because deep down they are always wondering where the attack will come from - physical or verbal.

Remember, you are the Police and the Police are you. How would you feel if you were in that uniform on display? Everyone is glad to see the Fire Service and Ambulance. The Police can be heroes or villians depending your circumstance.

I have a 'cool' approach but I worry about complaints regarding the most minor issue or comment. However, if someone shows me a kindness if is never forgotten. Despite it all I still look for the best in people.

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 01:07
There you go now Sandy. That knocked the wind oot o ye.

Blazing Sporrans
23-Feb-11, 01:09
Generally speaking however we do need 'em, 'cept fer hiding in their camera vans!

Except that's not the bobbies - that's them 'safety' camera partnership people..... as I know to my cost :evil

mcconnachie
23-Feb-11, 01:12
I do agree with Phill that we could be a bit more elegant and show a lightness of touch. Too many thick sounding coppers with tattoos on reality shows.

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 01:14
Thats about what I may have thought macconnachie. I may think of more questions. Pity Sandly clammed up about the masons.

Blazing Sporrans
23-Feb-11, 01:16
I do agree with Phill that we could be a bit more elegant and show a lightness of touch. Too many thick sounding coppers with tattoos on reality shows.

Got to agree with that. Too many of them think they're 'characters' for the camera instead of cops doing jobs to the best of their ability. My poor old dad loathes them with much passion.

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 01:19
Thats about what I may have thought macconnachie. I may think of more questions. Pity Sandly clammed up about the masons.

Well have i got a quote/ statement for you.

A Police officer in Court in Toronto was asked what is a Mason....

The answer was...now digest this all yee naysayers..... The masonic lodge makes Good Men better!

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 01:21
I believe it probably does. Ive met a few. A man'll get better for many reasons though and very often without the help of a benevolent organisation.

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 01:27
Masons out here do huge Charity work. It is why they are quite popular.
A few thoughts...Masons in Canada & The United States do not consume alcohol at any event. Not in the lodge or at any Social function. It is forbidden.
One can move on to The Shrine Club (Shriners). They also raise huge sums of money and run/ administer burn hospitals.
Their Fundraising is legendary......

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 01:30
It's probably the same here. There are lots of small charities around picking away at the edges and making a difference.
The more interesting side of the masons would be their philophies. I'm sure that stuffs readily available on internet but your welcome to put it up here Sandy.

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 01:39
I'm off till my bed.

ducati
23-Feb-11, 08:42
Just an incident I remember from a few years ago... I was taking my Uncle fishing on Loch Euan and we needed to get pass Loch Dhu Hotel which had been subject to some sort of burglary the night before. We were both suitably attired, usual stuff , fishing hats, waders , rods on rests outside of the vehicle etc. I was stopped by a member of CID approx 100m from the lodge and asked what I was doing there( I even had been to school with this bloke!!) Dohhh!!

Oh right, now I understand your lifelong antipathy toward the police, I thought it might have been something trivial.:lol:

Kevin Milkins
23-Feb-11, 08:46

Does being thick sounding and having tattoos go hand in hand?:lol:

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 09:48
I hope Sandys no had his throat cut. ;)

Phill
23-Feb-11, 11:33
Masons out here do huge Charity work.

It's probably the same here.

Isn't the 'charitable' masonic image just a front for all their collusion and corruption though?
Secret goings on behind closed doors, decisions being made by an impenetrable secret committee? No, this is not the WADF but Freemasonry......well the News of the World's version anyhow.

£85 Million donated by the Freemasons' Grand Charity since 1981! :eek:

The Freemasons' Grand Charity (http://www.grandcharity.org/)

Linky to PDF with details of donations (http://www.grandcharity.org/data/files/NEWSITE/GRANTSTOCHARITIES/Non-Masonic_Grants_listing_1982-2010_MASTER.pdf)

Scottish Freemasons' charitable info (http://www.grandlodgescotland.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=226&Itemid=27)

And what's all the secrets about anyway? I know!

D'you wanna know the secrets of Freemasonry? D'you wanna why masons keep it a secret?
It's 'cos they don't know themselves, it woz battered out of them centuries ago. Poor chappie named Hiram Abif got clobbered in Egypt, he apparently knew the secrets of Osiris and wouldn't tell Apophis so they clubbed him on the bonce and the secrets died with him.

There you go. Not all as exciting and sexy as you thought, never mind 'enders or Corra' will be on later.

[smirk]

bridgeend
23-Feb-11, 12:10
Goggled Northern Constabulary and went on to there Force E magazine page 28 North Division Photo and looked at some of the names interesting

david
23-Feb-11, 12:39
Goggled Northern Constabulary and went on to there Force E magazine page 28 North Division Photo and looked at some of the names interesting

Cripps we are in trouble then, seems Mcconachie a "real " copper then . Still hard to believe reading his posts. Perhaps he has stolen the real Mcconachies profile.

Walter Ego
23-Feb-11, 12:40

Will it be as interesting as your fantasy statement that the coppers do not do footwork outside Skinandis?

Walter Ego
23-Feb-11, 12:41
Cripps we are in trouble then, seems Mcconachie a "real " copper then . Still hard to believe reading his posts. Perhaps he has stolen the real Mcconachies profile.

Copper or not, he's come up with more sense than your childish drivel.

chordie
23-Feb-11, 12:41

See attachment.

Blazing Sporrans
23-Feb-11, 12:48
Copper or not, he's come up with more sense than your childish drivel.

Hear, hear...

Corrie 3
23-Feb-11, 13:17
Are the Police above the law?.........NO !
Would the country be better off without them?......NO !
Who do we turn to when we need help?.............Them !
Should they be respected by the public?......... Most Definately !!!
Are they Human Beings like the rest of us?.......YES, and should be treated as such!!!

Just my view on our wonderful Police.....Please feel free to rip it to shreds but just remember before you do......You might just need the assistance of the Police before today is out !!!!

C3.....:cool::cool:

Blazing Sporrans
23-Feb-11, 13:24
Couldn't agree more C3.

A poster the other night mentioned Police in Wick who had lost their jobs for various reasons, so it's quite simple then; "Are the Police above the law?". NO - quod erat demonstrandum

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 15:24
Are the Police above the law?.........NO !
Would the country be better off without them?......NO !
Who do we turn to when we need help?.............Them !
Should they be respected by the public?......... Most Definately !!!
Are they Human Beings like the rest of us?.......YES, and should be treated as such!!!

Just my view on our wonderful Police.....Please feel free to rip it to shreds but just remember before you do......You might just need the assistance of the Police before today is out !!!!

C3.....:cool::cool:

Well said.

Gronnuck
23-Feb-11, 16:29
Are the Police above the law? Certainly not; however they often operate in extremely difficult circumstances. The speeding police driver who overtook drotax on the Watten to Wick road might well have a justifiable reason for driving the way they did. They don’t have an obligation to use their siren or lights unless traffic conditions call for it. They would use the full width of the road as necessary.
My son is a PC with another Scottish Police Service and I’m very proud of him. He enjoys his job and feels he’s making a difference; he wants to play a constructive part in society. He meets lots of people in the course of his work and likes to think that his efforts are appreciated by those he helps. I’m sure they are. He has witnessed scenes that would turn most people’s stomach. He has dealt with a couple of truly horrific crimes of violence; almost beyond imagination. He has had to confront parents with the worst of news. He knows now that there is no shame in tears.
He also deals daily with the dregs of society, the same people passing through the Criminal Justice System time after time, ad infinitum. Many of his daily shouts are ‘domestics’.
His every action has to be logged so he spends a great deal of his time on duty completing ‘reports’. At work he and his colleagues are always ‘stretched’, there are never enough hours in the shift. When the public complain that their car has been vandalised or a window has been smashed there are rarely any witnesses so there is no point in a PC visiting the scene since there will be no statements to corroborate what the complainant describes; so they get issued a crime number for insurance purposes.
As yet he isn’t disheartened but eventually I can see he might become very cynical.
If you, the public, want a better police service you must be prepared to pay for it. If you want to reduce crime you must be prepared to be vigilant and act as witnesses.

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 16:34
Great support for 'The Job'!

chordie
23-Feb-11, 16:42
If you, the public, want a better police service you must be prepared to pay for it.

And there is the root of all problems with the Police service - it is a Council run service, and like almost every other Council service is done in a half-ersed manner, on the cheap under the guise of being financially prudent, but actually throwing money down the drain with inefficiency, poor productivity, internal fiefdoms, and politicised targets and objectives. The perfect recipe for incompetence, inefficiency and corruption.

sandyr1
23-Feb-11, 16:49
And there is the root of all problems with the Police service - it is a Council run service, and like almost every other Council service is done in a half-ersed manner, on the cheap under the guise of being financially prudent, but actually throwing money down the drain with inefficiency, poor productivity, internal fiefdoms, and politicised targets and objectives. The perfect recipe for incompetence, inefficiency and corruption.

You know if you can do better as a Councillor, a Police Officer or the Prime Minister, I cannot understand why you haven't run for Office.
Could there be a wee problem, and to talk of corruption...I suppose one could put it down to those famous words.....Sma' mind.