PDA

View Full Version : Wanted

MissRosie
17-Feb-11, 17:18
Im looking for a male cat who hasnt been nutered to breed with my female cat if anyone can help me please call 07990536683 many thanks

georgen
18-Feb-11, 01:21
We have a beautiful Tabby who is due to be neutered next friday 25th Feb.
Could we have one of the kittens?
PM me your email address and I will send you a pic.

balto
18-Feb-11, 10:51
all the unwanted kittens that there is and you purposly want to breed your cat, mental.

Liz
18-Feb-11, 14:31
Please, please, please don't breed cats.

There are always so many unwanted cats and kittens each year without adding to them.

MissRosie
18-Feb-11, 19:11
Thank you for your opinion (it is what it is). Let it be noted that I am a responsable owner and none of the litter will be of those "unwanted kittens". As you are so interested I will tell you that after she has her first litter she is to be neutered. As far as the kittens are concerned I have some homes lined up already, sorted.

caithgal
18-Feb-11, 19:22
its not you the plea is to not breed as such but as there are so many unwanted kittens at present surely there is no need to breed again? If it were a rare cat or pedigree of some description that would be a diff story. Sure you can understand the concerns

sweep
18-Feb-11, 19:25
can't believe you actually want to breed with your cat. surely a true cat-lover would home abandoned kittens rather than purposely bring more into the world.

fortyfiveproject
18-Feb-11, 19:39
Whoa - hang on a minute! There's only been one legitimate reply on this thread - perhaps people could just respect an individual's decision to breed her animal. We got a rescue cat 11 years ago by which time she had already had a litter and been spayed. I love the fact that (even though I don't know where they are) she's got descendants. If someone wants to let their cat create a legacy then that is fantastic - I'm right behind you. Every animal is born with the right to breed and it's a little bit arrogant of us to assume that we have a right to prevent them from doing so before they've had a single baby.
MissRosie, I hope that you will not let the response you've received put you off breeding your cat - I'm sure the kittens will be gorgeous!

munron
18-Feb-11, 20:34
Righty I vowed not to post here anymore but that has just about tipped me over the edge. DO YOU have any idea how serious the situation is in this country with animals being PTS DAILY because people want to breed from their pet, because they think it is the animals right to have babies?
The animal has babies and after 8 weeks they are weaned and then they are no longer the parent animals responsability, they are ours. and unfortunately an animal, to some is a disposable item. I cannot begin to understand the mentality of people who breed for any other reason than to maintain the lineage of a specific breed and have done everything, at their great expense, to ensure mum and dad are the top of the range, so to speak.
I am sorry Missrosie, but if I was you, as a cat lover, I would be ensuring all your potential homes were pointed in the direction of CPL or SSPCA to try and releive them of some of their poor unfortunates who DESERVE a home of their own

Liz
18-Feb-11, 20:37
MissRosie what we can't understand is why you want to breed a litter from your cat?

Fortyfiveproject I am sure cats don't give a hoot whether they have descendants or have created a 'legacy'!

I was a volunteer with Caithness Cats Protection for many years and have seen how many unwanted cats and kittens there are in Caithness and how difficult it is to find homes for them.
If everyone let their cats have even just one litter then the problem will get even bigger! It will undo a lot of the good work carried out by rescue centres who encourage owners to have their cats spayed or neutered.

Also how can you be sure that the cat who mates with your own doesn't have some health problem which may be passed on to your own cat and/or the kittens.
Is it really worth the risk?

So my comments were not judgemental but just a plea.

luskentyre
19-Feb-11, 00:19
Thank you for your opinion (it is what it is). Let it be noted that I am a responsable owner and none of the litter will be of those "unwanted kittens". As you are so interested I will tell you that after she has her first litter she is to be neutered. As far as the kittens are concerned I have some homes lined up already, sorted.

Sorry, but I think you're missing the point. It's not that the litter will be unwanted - it's the fact that there are already many, many unwanted cats/kittens who are looking for homes. Wouldn't it be better if the people you have lined up were to take in existing animals who desperately need a home?

The Music Monster
19-Feb-11, 00:25
If you find a soul-mate in the form of your pet, it is only natural to want to continue that line. People have pets for different reasons and can become very attached to them, so that they really want to have it's line continued. Sure the cat doesn't care about it, but it matters to the owner. Consider that the reason you have a pet might be completely different to the reason someone else has one - it doesn't mean that you or they are wrong, just different.

I agree that rescues do a good job. My cat is a rescue cat, and of my sister's three dogs two of them were from a rescue centre. The other is a white and brown husky who, because of his somewhat unique markings, people have wanted to breed their own dog with him. Funny how cats and dogs get double standards from our society!

Finally, if I brought home another cat from a rescue centre - as I have been tempted to on several occasions! - Milly (my cat!) would tear it apart. She is insanely territorial when it comes to other cats (and insanely soft with humans, it must be said!) but she never was with her own kittens. If I wanted to have another cat while Milly is alive it would have to be her kitten (not going to happen because she has been spayed, now!), that's how some cats are...

Sarah
19-Feb-11, 21:19
This is why so many cats are homeless, just one litter before being spayed. It's not needed! Please, please don't breed her. It's certainly not in her best interests, she will not miss what she has never had.

How would you feel if your girl died giving birth taking the kittens with her? I do not understand why anyone would wish to take this risk, not to mention the risks of her catching diseases from any old male you find.

I guess nothing will change your mind. Perhaps you should go to a rescue centre and see all the cats needing homes. If you truly love cats, I cannot see why you wouldn't consider this.