PDA

View Full Version : what a sad world we live in

sam
26-Aug-06, 10:20
I came across this article, how sad that a youth could do something this horrendous this to a small child

A four-year-old boy was left in a pool of blood with part of his ear hanging off after he was tied to tree and battered with a brick.
Relatives of Charlie Davis believe he could have been killed by a youth who dragged him off as he played near his home in Hull.
Mother Susan Davis was by her son's hospital bed waiting to see whether the youngster has suffered a fractured skull in the incident.
Traumatised Charlie is expected to have plastic surgery to repair his damaged ear. Mrs Davis said her son was playing near his home in the Hessle area of the city when he was snatched by a local youth, pulled 200 yards along a path and tied to a tree by a railway line.

He was discovered in a pool of blood by a passing couple.
Mrs Davis told the Yorkshire Post the family has been left in shock by the incident and were now waiting in hospital for scan results.
Charlie's 18-year-old sister Sammy described how the couple who found him carried him back covered in blood.
She said her brother was so frightened by his ordeal he still cannot speak about it. Humberside Police has described the attack as "totally unprovoked" and "particularly nasty".

Saveman
26-Aug-06, 10:47
We live in a crazy world :(

unicorn
26-Aug-06, 10:51
That is just appalling, we really do not live in a world now where you can let a 4 year old out to play without an adult.

pultneytooner
26-Aug-06, 10:53
absolutely appalling.[mad]

Dreadnought
26-Aug-06, 11:12
Bring back the death sentence, and USE it.

footie chick
26-Aug-06, 11:36
Disgusting hope they catch the animal[mad]

crystal
26-Aug-06, 11:37
have to say that is prity nasty for someone to do that. but some people are sick and twisted like that:eek:

sjwahwah
26-Aug-06, 11:45
I don't think these 4 year olds was "playing". But, totally disgusting indeed. It reminds me of this kid who is about 4 as well who is quite often at the same play park as my daughter... he goes around bullying other kids the whole time with sticks and rocks and whatever.. while his 18 year old mother sits in her car about 100 yards away smokin' fags and says nothing to this little brat! She has left it to the other parents to sort the little guy out and take his rocks and sticks off him. Drives me insane.

daviddd
26-Aug-06, 12:05
That is just appalling, we really do not live in a world now where you can let a 4 year old out to play without an adult.This is a horrendous act and I agree that a 4-year-old should be looked after carefully - more because of the bother that the child could get itself in - walking on the road or getting lost for example - however it appears to me that the risk of a stranger harming a child is extremely rare. It's just that we have good news media today and we get to hear about it in all it's gory detail.

It would be a shame if we extended this care due to a 4-year-old to older children, who in order to develop and mature properly have to increasingly explore the great big world. The alternative is children that never allowed out become couch potatoes and suffer later in life.

unicorn
26-Aug-06, 12:23
Being honest I think a child should be accompanied outside by an adult until at least 5.

Lolabelle
26-Aug-06, 12:56
When I first read this, I couldn't think of anything to say. I don't think I was shocked. Isn't that sad, I wasn't shocked. You hear of this kind of thing much too often. I think the world is just getting worse and worse. And no one place is really any better than any where else. It really just makes me sad.

crystal
26-Aug-06, 12:58
When I first read this, I couldn't think of anything to say. I don't think I was shocked. Isn't that sad, I wasn't shocked. You hear of this kind of thing much too often. I think the world is just getting worse and worse. And no one place is really any better than any where else. It really just makes me sad. i agree with you but for some reason it always shocks me. but does make me angry more than sad[evil]

Lolabelle
26-Aug-06, 13:02
i agree with you but for some reason it always shocks me. but does make me angry more than sad[evil]

Yeah, I know what you mean.
Actually I do know somewhere safer than most, Vanuatu. There is very little crime. No murders for about 25 years or something like that. The gaol has only a half fallen down fence and the "criminals" come and go as they please. Any one interested.

scotsboy
26-Aug-06, 14:34
I would like to hear all the facts of this case - not that it wil justify the act of abuse that occured, but it may put in into some kind of persepctive.

daviddd
26-Aug-06, 19:48
Tonight's news summary of this case seemed to me to cast some doubt on how this happened - it might not be as first reported.

mccaugm
26-Aug-06, 20:21
This story broke my heart....it reminded me of the Jamie Bulger case....I am sickened, saddened and I hope they catch the person. It has been suggested that it was a minor who may have comitted the offence. WHY? WHY WHY?

Billy Boy
27-Aug-06, 02:42
the world has gone beyond sad at time's lol:~(

oldmarine
27-Aug-06, 07:21
I came across this article, how sad that a youth could do something this horrendous this to a small child

A four-year-old boy was left in a pool of blood with part of his ear hanging off after he was tied to tree and battered with a brick.
Relatives of Charlie Davis believe he could have been killed by a youth who dragged him off as he played near his home in Hull.
Mother Susan Davis was by her son's hospital bed waiting to see whether the youngster has suffered a fractured skull in the incident.
Traumatised Charlie is expected to have plastic surgery to repair his damaged ear. Mrs Davis said her son was playing near his home in the Hessle area of the city when he was snatched by a local youth, pulled 200 yards along a path and tied to a tree by a railway line.

He was discovered in a pool of blood by a passing couple.
Mrs Davis told the Yorkshire Post the family has been left in shock by the incident and were now waiting in hospital for scan results.
Charlie's 18-year-old sister Sammy described how the couple who found him carried him back covered in blood.
She said her brother was so frightened by his ordeal he still cannot speak about it. Humberside Police has described the attack as "totally unprovoked" and "particularly nasty".

This truly is a sick situation. I don't recall anything like this during my early youth in the 1920s and 30s. Our world must be getting worse.
[disgust] [evil]