PDA

View Full Version : Castletown carvery

Scarybiscuits03
14-Feb-11, 16:39
Went there on Sunday and all I can say is YUM!!!
Carrot and coriander soup for starter (or leek and tattie), Pork with the trimmings for main (or you could choose beef, gammon or turkey)and I had 3 desserts for pudding (but you had the choice of about 20)!!! Amazing food, couldn't fault it and soooo cheap!!
7 people and it cost £69 and that was with a round of drinks!.....(Granted 3 of them were kids)

Fantastic experience with friendly staff who can't help you enough - I advise everyone to try it at least once.....I'll be going back at least once a month!

The Music Monster
14-Feb-11, 17:15
That sounds promising. I'm looking for somewhere to take my Mum out for Mother's Day, so I shall be baring this tip in mind!

gerry4
14-Feb-11, 21:24
Can't rate it highly enough. Just one small thing, the soup as a starter can be a bit too much. Either have a 2 course price or a lighter starter. Mind at the price it is missing out on does not really bother me.
The food is plentiful and cooked really well. The puds to die for,

Eilanboy
16-Feb-11, 16:00
That sounds promising. I'm looking for somewhere to take my Mum out for Mother's Day, so I shall be baring this tip in mind!

Norseman Hotel is run by the same family and do the same carvery every Sunday.Great food and value.

The Music Monster
16-Feb-11, 21:17
Norseman Hotel is run by the same family and do the same carvery every Sunday.Great food and value.

Thanks for that, that's in good walking distance. My sister went there for her sixth form Prom meal and said it was excellent. I'll certainly bear it in mind!!