PDA

View Full Version : Marine Mammal Medic Course

Thumper
14-Feb-11, 12:53
British Divers Marine Life Rescue will be holding a Marine Mammal medic course on Saturday the 16th April at the Northern Sands Hotel,with the practical part on Dunnet beach. If you are interested in training to be a marine mammal medic please go to our website-www.bdmlr.org.uk where you will be able to book a place on the training course,we need lots of medics to be able to continue with the work we do,and to build on it as well,everyone is welocme,over the age of 16,you do NOT have to be a diver to take part x

Thumper
17-Feb-11, 15:10
bumping up to the top,83 views so maybe someone is interested in doing the course? You would all be welcome!Hope to see some of you there on the day :) x

Thumper
02-Mar-11, 11:17
A few bookings for this course now,but plenty spaces available if anyone would like to become a medic?

Full details of the course at-www.bdmlr.org.uk

Hope to see a few new faces come along and take part,the training is great fun and you can help as much or as little as you can,we dont just do seals remember,its whales,dolphins,porpoises,turtles,infact almost anything that lives in the sea,so if you fancy a rewarding and exciting challenge sign up!x

nes
02-Mar-11, 13:45
Hi Thumper,
My daughter is interested but we have tried to get on the website a few times since you posted the message and clicking on the link just gives the message "disabled for now sorry".
Can you advise if she can check it another way ?

Thumper
02-Mar-11, 17:11
Hi there Nes,sorry to hear you are having problems accessing the site,I have tried it and can get on no problem at all,so i dont know what the problem is,you can give head office a call for details on-01825765546 or alternatively if its just some info you need,please feel free to pm me any questions etc x

Thumper
02-Mar-11, 17:15
http://www.bdmlr.org.uk/index.php?page=training-course

Try that link to see if it works for you x

noodle
03-Mar-11, 14:11
I would be interested but I don't have a dry suit or my own transport. :( Will keep an eye out for any more courses you have. :)

Thumper
03-Mar-11, 14:50
Ask around,it may suprise you who may have one you can borrow for the day,or have a look on ebay,plenty cheap suits to be had if you keep an eye out,and as for transport,although it is easier if you have your own,we also need to double up medics so you could possibly be picked up when needed,have a think about it x

Thumper
14-Mar-11, 17:37
Just bumping this upfront again,if anyone wants more info please feel free to pm me,or look on our website thanks! :) x

_Ju_
14-Mar-11, 18:09
I would be interested but I don't have a dry suit or my own transport. :( Will keep an eye out for any more courses you have. :)

You can rent a wet suit from a shop in Thurso. I am not sure what it is called, but it is on the road that continues off the pedestrian street toward the shore ( on the right hand side as you walk towards the beach) and sells fishing gear and the scouts jumpers.

Liz
15-Mar-11, 15:53
Really hope you get a good turnout for this course Thumper. It such a worthwhile thing to do. x

Thumper
15-Mar-11, 16:52
Thanks Liz,it certainly is very worthwhile,and very challenging too at times :) x

SunnyChick
17-Mar-11, 11:03
Unfortunately I'm extremely busy with family/work commitments, so I can't make it. However I think you will have a superb day, and I am very interested to see a blog/photos of your training day afterwards, if this would be possible?

Thumper
17-Mar-11, 13:30
Hiya sunnychick,there will be details and photos on the website,also if you are on facebook we have a caithness medics page and all photos will go on there too! Such a shame you cant make the training day,we need dedicated,committed people x

SunnyChick
18-Mar-11, 11:15
we need dedicated,committed people x

Which is sadly why I can't come, because I just can't commit at the monent. Maybe in couple years, then the kids are up a bit. Wishing you and your team the very best of luck. Will look you up on f/b. xx

Thumper
18-Mar-11, 12:13
Thank you :) hope you manage to find us on facebook x

Thumper
31-Mar-11, 13:01
Anyone interested in booking a place on this course? x

pat
31-Mar-11, 14:13
Hopefullly I'll be doing this course in Stornoway on 18 June - hope your course goes wel and you have a beautiful sunny day too.

Thumper
31-Mar-11, 15:13
Thats great news pat,I know one of the people who will be taking the course and she is lovely,she will teach you well :) x