View Full Version : Omg

zebedy
25-Aug-06, 15:47
:eek: :eek:
thats all i can say

http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=563

Kev_Plastic_Food
25-Aug-06, 23:16
Seriously amazing, cheers for the link....

Jeid
26-Aug-06, 00:20
I have to say, that's pretty amazing!

scridge
26-Aug-06, 02:16
what the sweet zombie jesus...i havnt seen playing like that well ever guy is something else. gotta love the people who take a slightly different approach to playing.

K dragon
26-Aug-06, 02:21
kicked ass. anyon know wot the dudes name is at all?

i really dug that sound

scridge
26-Aug-06, 02:49
if u listen closely at the begining of the vid the 2 presenters say his name but i cant totally make it out i think its eric something

Saveman
26-Aug-06, 10:33
Brilliant!

Imagine just being able to sit down with an acoustic and do that!

Kev_Plastic_Food
26-Aug-06, 12:46
kicked ass. anyon know wot the dudes name is at all?

i really dug that sound

Looks like Erik Mongraln, or something like that, comes up at the beginning of the clip.

Gleber2, how bout getting that guy over here for a concert then? :)

Kev_Plastic_Food
26-Aug-06, 13:12
Aha, Erik Mongrain it is. His site is at http://www.erikmongrain.com/indexeng.asp

Gleber2
26-Aug-06, 13:12
Looks like Erik Mongraln, or something like that, comes up at the beginning of the clip.

Gleber2, how bout getting that guy over here for a concert then? :)

I will try. Preston Reid plays a similar style and everyone I know thinks he is boringly brilliant.

I have just contacted Erik and he has no plans at the moment to come over here but he wants to play here and when he does I will book him.

Deemac
26-Aug-06, 13:53
O course Preston Reid played in Thurso only a few months ago at a Wildcat Music Association concert in the Pentland Hotel.

And how many bothered to come along and see his rather unique guitar style??:confused

theboysintheband
26-Aug-06, 14:17
I've seen Preston Reid play before. It was in Eden Court supporting Albert Lee! The bloke just walked on with an acoustic and a tiny amp...what a bleedin' sound tho!

That guy the gleber2 had at the lighthouse on thurs was excellent, anyone else there?

Gleber2
26-Aug-06, 14:41
That guy the gleber2 had at the lighthouse on thurs was excellent, anyone else there?

One of the best players I have ever seen. A very nice young man who hasn't yet realised how uniquely good he is. He will be coming back next spring.

Kev_Plastic_Food
26-Aug-06, 15:11
One of the best players I have ever seen. A very nice young man who hasn't yet realised how uniquely good he is. He will be coming back next spring.

Yep, an excellent player, and as you say, a very nice guy with it. Look forward to seeing him again then.

Kev_Plastic_Food
26-Aug-06, 15:13
I will try. Preston Reid plays a similar style and everyone I know thinks he is boringly brilliant.

I have just contacted Erik and he has no plans at the moment to come over here but he wants to play here and when he does I will book him.

That was quick. I hope he does decide to come over then.

K dragon
26-Aug-06, 16:26
thanks to the guys who hunted out the name.

really liked his sound so i managed to hunt down his ep and downloaded it.

he has a very varied sound.

excellent.

Jeid
27-Aug-06, 02:12
I have to say, Preston has a rather great last name :D

Gleber2
27-Aug-06, 11:49
I have to say, Preston has a rather great last name :D

Preston's last name, I now believe, is Reed.

Gleber2
27-Aug-06, 13:31
Erik wants very much to play in Scotland but has no record deal, no agent and no money. If I can organise enough gigs over here to pay expenses for two over the Atlantic etc, then we will be seeing him at the Lighthouse in the forseeable future.

Kev_Plastic_Food
27-Aug-06, 13:45
Erik wants very much to play in Scotland but has no record deal, no agent and no money. If I can organise enough gigs over here to pay expenses for two over the Atlantic etc, then we will be seeing him at the Lighthouse in the forseeable future.

If he has no record deal, then I'm sure the offer of studio time if he comes here would only be beneficial for both parties. Certainly hope you do manage to get something organised with him.

Gleber2
27-Aug-06, 14:16
If he has no record deal, then I'm sure the offer of studio time if he comes here would only be beneficial for both parties. Certainly hope you do manage to get something organised with him.

He has already recorded a CD but has not released it because no company has signed him yet. Will keep you all up to date as time goes on.

pennytomyname
30-Aug-06, 18:30
are ye mad...guy has some skills