PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a decent garage to do an MOT?

crashbandicoot1979
14-Feb-11, 11:39
Can anyone recommend a garage that does MOTs? Preferably in Wick, but I'm open to recommendations for garages in Thurso aswell, as I'm happy to take it up there if the service is good. Thanks.

donss
14-Feb-11, 11:59
would recommend John Burkes' MOTs up at the airport...

Burke Motors
Unit 35b, Airport Industrial Estate,
Wick Airport, Wick, Caithness KW1 4QS
Tel: 01955 608866

http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=2542

muffin
14-Feb-11, 12:18
I agree, Burke Motors, does an absolutely fair test and doesn't do repairs, very pleasant chap also.

The Music Monster
14-Feb-11, 12:23
Brilliant, mine needs an MOT soon, too, so I shall trundle along there!

crashbandicoot1979
14-Feb-11, 13:47
Thanks everyone, Burke Motors it is!

celtchicky
14-Feb-11, 13:48
i agree to top class service i have used him twice now and cant fault him

Tugmistress
14-Feb-11, 15:04
We use Burke motors for any cars we get for a pre-MOT check and then MOT at the garage, great guy can't recommend him enough

111heather
14-Feb-11, 20:56
we use burks to

bridgeend
14-Feb-11, 21:05
We use Burke motors for any cars we get for a pre-MOT check and then MOT at the garage, great guy can't recommend him enough

40 miles on a customers car for a mot test yet six plus test stations in THURSO

bridgeend
14-Feb-11, 21:06
We allways use Richards Garage in Thurso first class service have used John Smiths garage also.

QUADBIKER
14-Feb-11, 22:21
have used john since he has opened, first class service, john is a gentleman will go out of his way to help you

Tugmistress
15-Feb-11, 07:43
40 miles on a customers car for a mot test yet six plus test stations in THURSO

yes and yes and the customers are happy with our reasons why when we say who we use :) i see you are having a dig at us again!

upolian
15-Feb-11, 10:55
yes and yes and the customers are happy with our reasons why when we say who we use :) i see you are having a dig at us again!

I've noticed this constantly having a dig at you??

Billy Boy
15-Feb-11, 12:16

Just out of curiosity, Why do you take the cars to wick? Just i find it a bit strange considering you have a very good mot station on your doorstep? What! Less than 30 yards?

bridgeend
15-Feb-11, 13:22
Just out of curiosity, Why do you take the cars to wick? Just i find it a bit strange considering you have a very good mot station on your doorstep? What! Less than 30 yards?

Thats what i thought too also Dunnets ,Richards,Dickie Mackay,Charlie@reay ,J&G Sutherland ,Colin Johnstone ,Caithness Tyres, Northern motors all test cars and are all closer than going to Wick with the cost of fuel,time etc.

upolian
15-Feb-11, 13:38
I know people who go to brora for mot and servicing,i don't see a problem with this? If you have to travel for good service so be it!!!

The Music Monster
15-Feb-11, 14:16
You go where you're comfortable, I guess, and wherever that might be, sometimes it is worth the extra miles to get the service you are used to. It's like having a favourite pair of jeans that you keep coming back to...

...this makes sense in my head, if not in writing!!!

Tugmistress
15-Feb-11, 14:24

without seeming to be rude, our custmers are happy with our choice and our reasons why - we have used John next door too, as well as Richards up the road, if our customer requests a certain garage we will use it.

Tugmistress
15-Feb-11, 14:25
You go where you're comfortable, I guess, and wherever that might be, sometimes it is worth the extra miles to get the service you are used to. It's like having a favourite pair of jeans that you keep coming back to...

...this makes sense in my head, if not in writing!!!

lol yes it makes perfect sense to me :)

poppett
15-Feb-11, 18:59
I take my car to Inverness for its Mot and annual big service because the trusted owner of the garage has been looking after my cars since he was an apprentice mechanic. Having said that pre Viking motors I have used Colin at County garage and found him to be trusty, reliable and has thoroughly nice staff. I wouldn`t have a problem with the car travelling a distance for its Mot if the tester is trusted to be "firm but fair".... after all the car has to be in good condition regardless of the cost to make it that way.

catran
19-Feb-11, 01:05
John Burke every time, no nonsense, brilliant service and nothing too much trouble, brilliant guy.