PDA

View Full Version : Bremner/Campbell/Smith of Thurso and Wick

canadagirl
14-Feb-11, 00:49
Hello! My grandparents were Jane McDonald Bremner and Joseph Smith, married 1921 in Reay. I have been to the Bremner website and have the research going back to Alex Bremner and Jane MacKay. I have a picture of Alexander Bremner and Johan Campbell Bremner which was taken in the 40's. And I am coming to Thurso to visit my Smith cousin! I would be very interested to hear from any other descendants in the area, particularly Bremners as I am somewhat confused about my grandmothers origins. Here in Victoria, Canada she became Jeanie Campbell Smith. There was also a Bill Bremner who we called uncle but I think he was my dad's uncle but don't see mention of him? They came to Canada in the early 20's. I will be in Thurso as of the 18th of February so hope to run into some distant relations! :Razz

greenwood
22-Apr-11, 02:39
I'm working on our family tree and have Alexander Bremner (1895-1961) and Janet Bremner(1891-1964) who had a son David Bremner (1927-1998). David moved to Canada ad his youngest son Patrick is my father-in-law. Do any of these names connect to your efforts?

Matt.

canadagirl
22-Apr-11, 04:25
It's unfortunate that Alexander and Janet were such popular names! I don't see yours amongst my paperwork. Where were they from? We were mostly Thurso and Reay but one family was at Durness.

tenabowla
30-Apr-11, 08:13
I live in Thurso, my grandmother was Lily Bremner from Durness, her parents were Alex Bremner (b1848) son of Alexander and Jane Mackay, married to Agnes Moffat.

tenabowla
11-May-11, 12:42
I had a look across the family tree, My Grandmother Lily Jane b Durness 1897 was first cousin of Alexander Bremner b1867 married to Johan Campbell.