PDA

View Full Version : How Annoying!

Dorrie
11-Feb-11, 21:54
I wanted to have a stall in Thurso on Red Nosed Day, selling plants for Red Nosed Day.
Scuppered before I started.
£125 for a temporary traders liscence!!!
Thant's crazy!
Grrrrrrrr

Kodiak
11-Feb-11, 22:10
£125, Completely and utterly STUPID!!

When I used to do Fundraising for Charity I had many a stall in Thurso and all that I ever needed was permission from the Roads Department which was free.

Corrie 3
11-Feb-11, 22:16
This must be to do with Cameron's Big Society that I keep hearing about !!!
Big Con more like...its time we did a Mubarak on him and got rid!!! And the Liver Lilley'd Liberals who jump into bed with anyone who would have them!!!
John Thurso's quiet these days, anyone else noticed this?

C3....:eek::roll:

ducati
11-Feb-11, 23:38
Calm down C3, I'm sure the licence fee pre-dates the election.:roll::lol:

Kodiak
11-Feb-11, 23:40
If there is a Fee to pay for a Licence this would have nothing to do with John Thurso MP as it would be set in place by the Highland Council.

Dorrie
12-Feb-11, 00:08
I'm sure that in the past when I have fund raised it didn't cost anything like this. I will have to think of another way of doing it. :)

orkneycadian
12-Feb-11, 00:10
Have you considered becoming a chugger?

Metalattakk
12-Feb-11, 01:03
And the Liver Lilley'd Liberals

Humour? Or idiocy? You decide.

Dorrie
12-Feb-11, 11:11

Errrr, what's a chugger?

orkneycadian
12-Feb-11, 13:32
Details here. (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?135122-Charity-Mugging)

Dorrie
13-Feb-11, 02:47
I'm sure that in the past when I have fund raised it didn't cost anything like this. I will have to think of another way of doing it. :)

Sorry not the post I meant to reply to.

Dorrie
13-Feb-11, 02:49

No! That is something I would never do. Any time I have fundraised in the past, I have done something worthwhile to earn it, like help clean a beach, offer something for sale, OK I have done a bit of begging at chirstmas (to local businesses) for local childrens charities as well, but what I was proposing was offereing something for sale, no one had to buy anything but it was there if they wanted it. I think that's pretty far from being a chugger.