PDA

View Full Version : Sky!!!!

Vistravi
11-Feb-11, 11:09
Never go for sky for anything but tv! We've had a nightmare getting rid of them.

We went with them for the whole package but due to them wanting to charge an extra £17.50 a month on top of what we were paying we cancelled within the 14 days you can. This was 2 and half months ago and only now can we get another broadband and phone company in. [evil]

So people don't go for them for anything but tv. Even the tv wasn't worth the hassle of getting rid of them! My partner and i phoned them 7 times in this time just to get rid of them [evil] Even for the tv i would not go with sky again after this.

MissRosie
11-Feb-11, 21:35
I have just signed up to sky and I got the line rental, evening and weekend calls, broadband and a few of the telly packages for £42 a month which I thought was not too bad considering our area and what they would cost seperaty.
What was up with them? :confused

Vistravi
12-Feb-11, 22:33
I don't get it. Your in castletown and we are in thurso but yet we were told we had to pay extra as they had to add us to another exchange as they couldn't access thurso's. It worked out we would have to pay £75 a month and not get what we wanted in the beginning. Sky in our case was so happy to take our money but uncapable of putting a cancellation through. It's been very close to three months to get them to do it. The other company who will be taking over our line on monday have been simply waiting for sky to stop hoaking the line.

We wanted the unlimited download package which funny enough the other company has no problem giving us it or hooking us up to the exchange. They told us about the extra charge after they'd told us we could get it. The extra charge came a couple of days later.

I do hope they don't do what to you what they've done to us. They will have no custom from us ever after this mess.

gollach
13-Feb-11, 04:38
This isn't limited to Sky, a friend of mine had the same problem with BT last year. It seems the ISPs are each allocated a block of capacity in an exchange and don;t always know when they have used it up. If they have used it all, they charge extra to put you through another exchange, or simply decide not to connect you. As you have found out, other ISPs, who have not reached their limit at a particular exchange, can get you signed up without any issues.

Vistravi
13-Feb-11, 11:11
I can understand where the additonal cost came from. What has annoyed me more is that they have taken so long to cancel and due to this prolonged cancelation we haven't been able to get the company we wanted in to provide us what we wanted.

MissRosie
13-Feb-11, 22:08
Nah it doesnt sound like they knew what they were talking about. They told me that they have outsourced a part of BTs exchange. I didnt get sports, movies or HD although they did try to sell me those. They docked the price of the unlimited broadband down to £10 if I took out line rental with them which I did and then they gave free evening and weekend calls for taking the line rental. I had to pay £10 to have the phone line connected and broadband set up which they said would normally be £140 with BT and another £30 for the telly set up. They said in conversation that they had been having problems with a change over of systems on their site but then changed the subject so not sure quite whats been going on with them. I must admit I did give them a bit of a hard time on the phone when trying to secure a good deal but they never tried any of that nonsence. Sorry to hear you had such a nightmare with them. These people are people who u just cant take any crap from.