PDA

View Full Version : Place to buy fish in Dunbeath?

Vistravi
10-Feb-11, 23:17
I've told there is a good place to buy tropical fish in Dunbeath but don't know the name and can't find it online.

Does anyone know if there is such a place? Anyone know the name?

Just the name would be grand lol

We've had fish from pets at home in wick and they have died very quickly so looking for an alternative without going online to order.

theone
11-Feb-11, 00:02
I'd be interested in this also.

£20 delivery when you can only add a small number of fish at a time makes online ordering less attractive.

Geo
11-Feb-11, 13:15
Probably teaching granny to suck eggs here but are you acclimatising the fish to your aquarium by placing the bag into your tank for a while before releasing them into the water?

Dadie
11-Feb-11, 14:27
And testing the water quality in the tank...and using a quarintine/holding tank for the first couple of weeks....so you dont kill all your fish if there is something wrong with any of the new ones that isnt apparent when first bought.

Vistravi
11-Feb-11, 18:39
Probably teaching granny to suck eggs here but are you acclimatising the fish to your aquarium by placing the bag into your tank for a while before releasing them into the water?

Yep every time. I even add a bit of the aquarian water to the bag as well.

Vistravi
11-Feb-11, 18:44
And testing the water quality in the tank...and using a quarintine/holding tank for the first couple of weeks....so you dont kill all your fish if there is something wrong with any of the new ones that isnt apparent when first bought.

Aye i test the water every couple of weeks and especilly before we are going for new fish.

A quarintine tank is always used for the first fortnight.

Billy Boy
11-Feb-11, 20:25
When you have them in the quarintine tank you should treat them with something like Esha 2000 which is a broad spectrem treatment, This is what i do, And i get most off my fish from p@h, And i have yet to lose a fish!
Plus you should always make sure the fish you buy is in good health to start with, Which includes all the fish in the tank you pick your fish from.
If you lose your fish that quick when buying from p@h, I take it you take the fish back to them?

nightspirit
12-Feb-11, 11:54
I have had this issue with fish from pets at home also and it just seems to be the fish... been several times also to get fish from them and just did not bother because they looked poor in health or plainly had a disease, eg fin rot or white spot

Vistravi
13-Feb-11, 23:09
I have had this issue with fish from pets at home also and it just seems to be the fish... been several times also to get fish from them and just did not bother because they looked poor in health or plainly had a disease, eg fin rot or white spot

Aye i was in the other day to see if they had any angel fish and quite a few of the fish looked poorly. My partner was after a silver shark and we ended up buying a silver shark and 1 angel fish (last one they had). We have them in a quaratine tank that is treated to prevent any disease they may have killing them. I'm desperate for angel fish and have been looking for ages so it was great seeing they had one in. Decided to take a chance and hopefully won't be another disapointment.

Vistravi
13-Feb-11, 23:14
Does anyone know about the place in dunbeath? Wanting 3 more angel fish hopefully bought all at the same time.