PDA

View Full Version : Urgent ASDA info

bigpete
24-Aug-06, 22:50
Hi
Did I or did I not read in the posts that certain Councillors may have had an interest in the ASDA site, so presumably should not have voted? Any information gratefully accepted!

bigpete
25-Aug-06, 09:57
Hi again

many thanks for those posters who contacted me by private message (I'll be in touch), obviously this forum might be a delicate place to post on this subject, so please use my private message facility

thanks

Rheghead
25-Aug-06, 10:46
Hi
Did I or did I not read in the posts that certain Councillors may have had an interest in the ASDA site, so presumably should not have voted? Any information gratefully accepted!

I'm sure councillors would like somewhere local to shop themselves as they have realised on their many trips to Inverness that frozen/cooled foods don't last the 2.5 hour journey. So yes they have an interest in ASDA.:roll:

badger
25-Aug-06, 11:29
Maybe they should be asked to come clean on their shopping habits. At least then we'd know.

changilass
25-Aug-06, 11:36
Maybe they should be asked to come clean on their shopping habits. At least then we'd know.

What else do you want to know about the councillors.

Should we have asked them how often they went to the toilet when the Plumb Centre applied to build their premises in Thurso.:confused

Surely even councillors are entitled to some privacy.

Obviously we would have a right to know if they have a financial interest in something, but other than that, we don't really have any rights to know about their habits, to be honest, I'm not sure I want to know all their habits.:lol:

Rheghead
25-Aug-06, 11:47
Is it important to know if councillors have a financial interest anyway? Let's face it, we know what ASDA does and what it provides, so what does it matter if a councillor gets a backhander? How many backhanders are given to those councilors to protest at the ASDA application?