PDA

View Full Version : What Is there to do in caithness ?

pies
10-Feb-11, 00:59
What is there to do at nights in caithness people are shouting about all the teenagers down there street but theres nothing do for them i think they should start getting new things up here e.g go carting ,ice rink , bowling ally. somthing along those lines for things to do ....

theone
10-Feb-11, 01:10
There are more kids hanging around the streets of Inverness, which has many facilities, than in Caithness.

Teenagers meet. Teenagers "hang around".

I did it and my parents did it. It's been happening for at least the past 70 years.

Blaming anti-social behaviour, fighting, vandalism etc etc on a lack of facilities is indicative of the culture we have developed where everyone is a victim of circumstance and not responsible for their own actions.

The root cause, in my opinion, is the (lack of) values that have been taught to the people bringing these problems and a reflection of the failure of their parents.

Also, I can assure you that, if there was money to be made running one of those businesses, somebody would be doing it.

Moira
10-Feb-11, 02:23
What is there to do at nights in caithness people are shouting about all the teenagers down there street but theres nothing do for them i think they should start getting new things up here e.g go carting ,ice rink , bowling ally. somthing along those lines for things to do ....

There's loads to do around Caithness at all times.

Who's shouting about what? Let's hear your plans, As far as I am aware there is matched funding available. Did you have anything specific in mind?

Corrie 3
10-Feb-11, 10:22
i think they should start getting new things up here...
Who exactly are THEY?....Why do you leave it to others to start things, why dont YOU start up something useful...Failing that, I would suggest a move to Blackpool, they tell me its got everything to keep you occupied and happy, including....Karting, bowling, funfairs, arcades, kids gathering in gangs, drunks, fighting in the street, drugs...you name it, Blackpools got it.

C3.

pat
10-Feb-11, 11:01
Come on Pies - give an answer are you willing to start something up to help all these teenagers hanging around down town?
You have come up with the ideas, you obviously have the energy and the interest, you get something off the ground and see how it works out? Will it clear the streets of the youngsters hanging around?
Your input eagerly awaited.

ducati
10-Feb-11, 11:07

When I was a teenager we would hang around on street corners on pushbikes and later on mopeds and motorbikes, that's what teenagers do. What did you do?

Any organised teenager activity was avoided like the plague.

The only thing that got us off the street was having a cafe to hang around in. Not a good business proposition though, because we could make a coffee or a coke last 6 hours :lol:

ShelleyCowie
11-Feb-11, 00:54
Army/Air/Sea cadets, youth clubs that are run in different parts of town, Paintballing, football and other athletics clubs, horse riding, also as far as i know there are alot of evening clubs that are run (karate, judo etc etc)

So its basically what suits who. But, in my opinion there is plenty to do around here. I used to hang around the street with my mates, catch up, but we never vandalised. Thats just common sense and respect for things that are not yours. I was also in Army Cadets and it was the best part of my teenage years!

Although i wouldnt mind an ice rink in caithness :)

sweetpea
11-Feb-11, 18:08

No matter what teenagers have to do they will say 'I'm Bored'. Do agree that some large things like a bike track would be good but think it should come from ground up i.e start making a noise about it and get someone like I don't know a youth worker to get funding going. I also think that most teens just want a safe place to hang out where they won't get hassle.

Red
11-Feb-11, 21:25
Although i wouldnt mind an ice rink in caithness :)

We had one for the best part of December and most people complained about it, well to be fair it was the road/pavement system... :D