PDA

View Full Version : Bit O Gossip.

gleeber
09-Feb-11, 23:56
I read the article in the Courier today about the new Church of Scotland minister at st Fergus in Wick. It was good. He's a good man. He produced a classic piece of gossip with the best intentions. He had some inside information about a councilor in Wick who was in severe danger of losing their seat at the next election.
Come on weekers. Which one is the Rev referring to?

Skifter
10-Feb-11, 10:29
The word on the street is - that every councillor in Caithness is in danger of losing their seat at the next Council elections.

sids
10-Feb-11, 10:32
Hope it's not "President" Bush.

The Drunken Duck
10-Feb-11, 13:20
I read the article in the Courier today about the new Church of Scotland minister at st Fergus in Wick. It was good. He's a good man. He produced a classic piece of gossip with the best intentions. He had some inside information about a councilor in Wick who was in severe danger of losing their seat at the next election.

Why not just ask him directly ??

dafi
10-Feb-11, 13:44
Go on then!!

DMFB
10-Feb-11, 15:36
Someone in Wick asking for the truth rather than relying on the gossip in all my 72 years I have never seen that happen

Eilanboy
10-Feb-11, 15:41
Maybe the REV would be better advised to concentrate on his preaching and trying to encourage more souls to attend his weekly worship.My God(no pun intended)another newcomer telling us what is best for us.

rob murray
10-Feb-11, 16:43
Maybe the REV would be better advised to concentrate on his preaching and trying to encourage more souls to attend his weekly worship.My God(no pun intended)another newcomer telling us what is best for us.

A newcomer....there is nothing wrong with that ! Do you have to be born and bread a Wicker to actually have a view on Wick ?

Metalattakk
10-Feb-11, 16:50
Nothing wrong with newcomers. It's newcomers that come in and telling us what is best for us we don't like.

rob murray
10-Feb-11, 16:54
Nothing wrong with newcomers. It's newcomers that come in and telling us what is best for us we don't like.

Ok a newcomer then has a view, different from the prevailing accepted local "wisdom"...and they are wrong / have no entitlement to voice their view, even if it does involve telling "us" what is best for "us"..."us....who is us ?

Metalattakk
10-Feb-11, 16:59
If you can't figure that out, I'm not going to fall into the trap of telling you. :p

Blazing Sporrans
10-Feb-11, 17:01
To be fair, you have to be dead and buried with at least two generations succeeding you (all born here) before you're no longer an incomer to Caithness... :)

rob murray
10-Feb-11, 17:07
If you can't figure that out, I'm not going to fall into the trap of telling you. :p

What trap, its just a question...who is "us" and who are "they",I no longer live in Wick so I cant be one of us, I must be one of them or an us/them at best, I now live in Tain where I am definitely not one of "us" and so I am one of them.....can you tell me where I fit in then !!!!

Metalattakk
10-Feb-11, 17:26
Who says you have to 'fit in' anywhere?

In fact, you can be one of 'them' at the same time as being one of 'us' if it floats your boat.

And wow, talk about off-topic!

Anyway, back on track:

I heard it was that Bush 'character' who is in danger of losing his mind seat at the next election. If there is one this time. ;)

rob murray
10-Feb-11, 17:34
Who says you have to 'fit in' anywhere?

In fact, you can be one of 'them' at the same time as being one of 'us' if it floats your boat.

And wow, talk about off-topic!

Anyway, back on track:

I heard it was that Bush 'character' who is in danger of losing his mind seat at the next election. If there is one this time. ;)

So Im off topic am I, "Maybe the REV would be better advised to concentrate on his preaching and trying to encourage more souls to attend his weekly worship.My God(no pun intended)another newcomer telling us what is best for us" on topic eh !

"Nothing wrong with newcomers. It's newcomers that come in and telling us what is best for us we don't like. " again on topic eh !

Its your words "on topic" and you raised it... to fit in..they cant tell "us" what is best for us : who exactly are us / we then, you clearly imply a seperation don t you ( and of course on topic )

Metalattakk
10-Feb-11, 18:00
I cannot control what you choose to infer from my words.

I can only in this case advise you that my words were directed at the course the thread has taken and not solely at your input.

But if you want to see it differently that's up to you, but I would suggest you wind your neck in, just a tad.

rob murray
10-Feb-11, 18:07
I cannot control what you choose to infer from my words.

I can only in this case advise you that my words were directed at the course the thread has taken and not solely at your input.

But if you want to see it differently that's up to you, but I would suggest you wind your neck in, just a tad.

Good response...neck being wound in !

ducati
10-Feb-11, 18:36

But how would you know if they didn't? :lol:

chordie
10-Feb-11, 18:46

If you phone the good Reverend on Wick 604252 and ask him, then you may find that a more direct method than trawling for gossip here.

The Drunken Duck
10-Feb-11, 18:54
What trap, its just a question...who is "us" and who are "they",I no longer live in Wick so I cant be one of us, I must be one of them or an us/them at best, I now live in Tain where I am definitely not one of "us" and so I am one of them.....can you tell me where I fit in then !!!!

Ah .. now you see Rob your in the same boat as me !!, when I moved back to Wick I was not seen as a local, though I was born and intially raised there and I wasn't an incomer either because I had lived there before. I think people in our category should be referred to as "thus", its like the half way house between "them" and "us".

philupmaboug
10-Feb-11, 23:13
Ah .. now you see Rob your in the same boat as me !!, when I moved back to Wick I was not seen as a local, though I was born and intially raised there and I wasn't an incomer either because I had lived there before. I think people in our category should be referred to as "thus", its like the half way house between "them" and "us".

If you are a "Thus" does that make Laurel a "Thrush" or am I just being irritating?